• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How Many Legit Championships Has Lebron Won?

How Many Legit Championships Has Lebron Won?

• Total voters

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain...

Both moves were big time beta. But what Durant did is no different that what Lebron did when he "took his talents to south beach" to supposedly "Be with his buddies" (Im sure thats all it was).

Both took the easy way out.. Lebron has just been taking the easy way out for much longer than Durant has

Lebron didn't join a team he couldn't beat

Lebron went to the finals the year before with Cleveland

Durant couldn't get past GS, so he figured joining them was his only path to a title

Miami won 2 titles because of Lebron by far more than anyone else

Golden State is in the finals this season with or without Durant

The 2 situations couldn't be more different

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but think it's equally amazing how you can point that out then say in the same sentence what KD did is cowardly when LBJ was the first to do it TWICE.

Irving and Love played a grand total of ZERO combined playoff games when Lebron teamed up with them

Wade was knocked out of the postseason in Round One by the Hawks when he teamed up with him

That's a lot different than Durant joining a dynasty that really doesn't "need" him

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron didn't join a team he couldn't beat

Lebron went to the finals the year before with Cleveland

Durant couldn't get past GS, so he figured joining them was his only path to a title

Miami won 2 titles because of Lebron by far more than anyone else

Golden State is in the finals this season with or without Durant

The 2 situations couldn't be more different

What is the reason ANY player wants to play with other good players? When we consider the answer to be because they want to WIN then what relevance does the status of their old team bring? Clearly neither thought the previous team was good enough to get them a title...so they BOTH left. All the other details are just frivolous IMO.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving and Love played a grand total of ZERO combined playoff games when Lebron teamed up with them

Wade was knocked out of the postseason in Round One by the Hawks when he teamed up with him

That's a lot different than Durant joining a dynasty that really doesn't "need" him
No, it's not. They both left to a destination where they felt was their best chance of winning. That is NOT different at all.

Do you honestly think if Cleveland didn't have an established guy that is as good or better than Kyrie & Love doesn't agree to sign in Cleveland that LBJ considers going back? Be honest....

Also, to the point made earlier- there is exactly NO PLAYER that can win ALONE. So, LBJ needed Kyrie & Love just like KD needs Steph, Klay & Dray & vice versa.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain...

Both moves were big time beta. But what Durant did is no different that what Lebron did when he "took his talents to south beach" to supposedly "Be with his buddies" (Im sure thats all it was).

Both took the easy way out.. Lebron has just been taking the easy way out for much longer than Durant has

First of all, the whole alpha/beta thing is just stupid. It really is.

Second, the alpha male is the leader. The dominant voice in the locker that everyone listens to and turns to when times get rough. Are you really suggesting that LeBron is not the alpha male in Cleveland? Because that is beyond stupid. The coach does not even have authority to overrule LeBron.

As for his move to Miami, one could make the case that Wade was the alpha there, at least for the first year. But then, Wade clearly turned the reigns over to LBJ and that was when the Heat jumped to the next level.

And while KD is definitely the best player on Golden State, he is not the alpha male. That is DRAYMOND green. But, as I said before, the whole alpha thing is way overblown. There are great players and not great players. LeBron and KD are both great. LeBron is better.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only because they were on bad teams.. But obviously if we combine Lebron, Irving, and Love as a trio they are gonna win a lot of games and some 'ships.

Both guys took the Easy way out..

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.. Cavs still get to the finals without Lebron with that draw they had. They sidestepped the two teams that would have given them the most issues. Chicago at full health, And the Wizards.

A - They don't get the #2 seed without Lebron.
B - I hope you don't think people take you seriously with your comment. I sure as hell don't.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the reason ANY player wants to play with other good players? When we consider the answer to be because they want to WIN then what relevance does the status of their old team bring? Clearly neither thought the previous team was good enough to get them a title...so they BOTH left. All the other details are just frivolous IMO.

Fair enough

I think we know though that Lebron went back to Cleveland because of the hometown ties, not because he thought he had to play with Kyrie

I think it's clear Durant went to GS to find the easiest path to a title

IMO, there is a big difference

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough

I think we know though that Lebron went back to Cleveland because of the hometown ties, not because he thought he had to play with Kyrie

So you really think Lebron would have went back to a subpar-average Cleveland team? Righhhttt..

Cavs were defending champs this year and Lebrun spent the year whining or more help despite more talent on the team than any other team in the league has bar GS

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only because they were on bad teams.. But obviously if we combine Lebron, Irving, and Love as a trio they are gonna win a lot of games and some 'ships.

Both guys took the Easy way out..

Here is what you don't get

Irving and Love won because they teamed up with Lebron

Lebron could team up with A LOT of players and still find himself competing for a title every year

He's the reason my man

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you really think Lebron would have went back to a subpar-average Cleveland team? Righhhttt..

Cavs were defending champs this year and Lebrun spent the year whining or more help despite more talent on the team than any other team in the league has bar GS

Ummm they took Andrew Wiggins with the #1 pick the season Lebron returned

You're right, they weren't sub-par, they were far worse

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough

Honestly, I just disagree. LBJ showed he was willing to trade-in his hometown ties to win when he left to Miami. Kyrie & Love in Cleveland was a better option than what he had in Miami - or anywhere else for that matter.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That one time Ray Allen kept the series alive vs the Spurs.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what you don't get

Irving and Love won because they teamed up with Lebron

Lebron could team up with A LOT of players and still find himself competing for a title every year

He's the reason my man
But, not many guys want to go to Cleveland- and he couldn't do what he wanted in Miami with Riley at the helm. Kyrie was already there & had made it clear he was going to stay. All it took was one more guy & that was Love.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U
Honestly, I just disagree. LBJ showed he was willing to trade-in his hometown ties to win when he left to Miami. Kyrie & Love in Cleveland was a better option than what he had in Miami - or anywhere else for that matter.

They were only able to obtain Love because they were so bad the prior season

He joined a pretty bad roster

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm they took Andrew Wiggins with the #1 pick the season Lebron returned

You're right, they weren't sub-par, they were far worse
Which was the asset they needed to trade for Love. Come on...at that point in LBJ's career why would we believe he would go to a sub-par team just to be back home when he could've played literally anywhere?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, not many guys want to go to Cleveland- and he couldn't do what he wanted in Miami with Riley at the helm. Kyrie was already there & had made it clear he was going to stay. All it took was one more guy & that was Love.

1000% right

That's why I never blamed him for leaving Cleveland

Guys we're not going there and he did as much as he could with a really bad roster

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pffftttt.

I think its ALREADY been established Guys, Lebron is not going ANYWHERE unless theres a host of All Star/HOF'ers in place. Lets not make him out to be some "Savior" here.

Lebron knew what he was doing. I think you're bound to see success if you play in the East with Love/Irving/3 point sharpshooters. No way in hell, Lebron would have ever gone back to Cleveland if it was the same Cleveland he left.

Enough of that nonsense.

I dont like what Durant did, But Lebron started it with his Easy Way out All Star teams. Hes just following suit.

Lebron wouldn't even of CONSIDERED going to back to Cleveland if Love/Irving weren't guaranteed..

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U

They were only able to obtain Love because they were so bad the prior season

He joined a pretty bad roster
No, they acquired Love because LBJ wanted him & the #1 pick (wiggins) was the asset that would get Minny on board. You think it was a coincidence that Love would only sign an extension with the Cavs?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering he initially failed in Cleveland and needed previous champion in D Wade to carry him and Jesus to hit clutch shots I don't count any with the cheat.

Everyone knows last year doesn't count because of the BS suspension of Green and garbage calls cost GS the championship.

For me the answer is 0. He will forever be known as Lechoke. I blame the NBA for trying to make him into something he's not which is MJ.

I dislike LeBron as any other person but come on man... ONE player can't win a championship by themselves. Lebron is one hell of a player.... But he needed help to win.