• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How many bowl games will have less attendance this year than

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
driving to South Padre back in the day, crap that was a long ass drive. Would never do it again, that's for sure. That's what Southwest airlines is for.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My old high school team made it to the state championship game for the first time ever this year. We came up short in the end, but for the first time in a long time I had something to be excited about in high school ball. The team we played was a private school. I really don't want to sound like a whiny bastard, but I wish private schools weren't allowed to play public schools. Public schools really don't have the ability to go get a good player and make it look legal lol. However, the best two RBs in the state were on each team. We had the #2 back that broke the TD and single season rushing yard record. They had the #1 RB that broke our defense lol.

It's the opposite out here in TX. The private schools suck and the public schools are the powerhouses, especially the wealthy suburban public schools.....

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this thread has veered all over the place, like a drunk driver

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idaho Potato Bowl claims 18,223 in attendance.

There's too many bowl games as it is anyways.

Here's one we can File 13.

Will anyone really miss it?

Correction: Will anyone other than Mamba miss it?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's too many bowl games as it is anyways.

Here's one we can File 13.

Will anyone really miss it?

Correction: Will anyone other than Mamba miss it?

The tv revenue to the bowl committee must be good enough that they don't take a loss. The committee is generally made up of local politicians and business owners so they make a little scratch off their hotels and restaurants.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pinstripe Bowl Sold out in three days.

No idea how many can be in attendance, because when the Pinstripe was with the Big 12, it never sold out. I think two years there were blizzards though.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pinstripe Bowl Sold out in three days.

No idea how many can be in attendance, because when the Pinstripe was with the Big 12, it never sold out. I think two years there were blizzards though.

think a big part of it is Penn State fans have a bowl game to go to- after going through the bowl ban and all, it's a celebration of sorts.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think a big part of it is Penn State fans have a bowl game to go to- after going through the bowl ban and all, it's a celebration of sorts.

Dr. Eric Barron, Penn State’s president, said the Pinstripe Bowl was a perfect landing spot for the Nittany Lions as the Big Ten representative because they could draw upon nearly 32,000 alumni based in New York, nearly 160,000 within a two-hour radius.

Boston only 4 hours away also and thats why they chose them:suds::suds:

brin3535

moose twit!
Hoopla Cash
$ 955.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Texas High School Football State Championship? Last year, the 5A State Championship in Texas had a little over 54K in attendance and I believe that attendance exceeded the amount of attendance in 23 bowl games. This year, there are 38 bowl games. I'm going to go with 29 this year. Allen vs Cypress Ranch are about to kickoff in about 45 minutes. Cedar Hill and Katy just finished and had an announced crowd of a little over 46K.......

Fag

metal_frk_334

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's the opposite out here in TX. The private schools suck and the public schools are the powerhouses, especially the wealthy suburban public schools.....

That's interesting. The private schools have such an advantage here that they actually make each student count as 1.6 students instead of one in order to "try" and even out the playing field. That way most private schools are forced to play in say a 4A division instead of the 3A division that they would have played in with their current student population. Now, how much that really equals out the playing field is probably not really enough. At the end of the day they can reach out to any of the top football players and help them get into the school and moved. Since their model is to attract students it isn't frowned upon, just known as a distinct disadvantage since public schools can't attract and assist families to join their school that way. The only way to solve that problem is to have a different division for private schools to play in, which won't happen because of the distance each team would have to travel to play each away game all season. It is what it is and Madison Academy is now the 3 time 3A State Champ. Grats to em. They bought a really good RB that is getting a lot of recruiting attention. Unfortunately I think his performance overshadowed our guy so much that he isn't getting a lot of exposure. He broke the single season rushing record, single season TD record and is rated the #2 RB in the state. Yet so far his best offer, to my knowledge, is Kentucky. Tough break for him so far. However I heard he made an official visit to Florida, so we will see if they decide to offer.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't speak for bowls, but a lot of North Alabama fans have season tickets, so the Lions see large crowds (for D2 football) during regular-season games.

But once the playoffs start, season tickets are no good anymore, so the crowds drop off ... at least until/unless UNA makes it to the NC game.

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's interesting. The private schools have such an advantage here that they actually make each student count as 1.6 students instead of one in order to "try" and even out the playing field. That way most private schools are forced to play in say a 4A division instead of the 3A division that they would have played in with their current student population. Now, how much that really equals out the playing field is probably not really enough. At the end of the day they can reach out to any of the top football players and help them get into the school and moved. Since their model is to attract students it isn't frowned upon, just known as a distinct disadvantage since public schools can't attract and assist families to join their school that way. The only way to solve that problem is to have a different division for private schools to play in, which won't happen because of the distance each team would have to travel to play each away game all season. It is what it is and Madison Academy is now the 3 time 3A State Champ. Grats to em. They bought a really good RB that is getting a lot of recruiting attention. Unfortunately I think his performance overshadowed our guy so much that he isn't getting a lot of exposure. He broke the single season rushing record, single season TD record and is rated the #2 RB in the state. Yet so far his best offer, to my knowledge, is Kentucky. Tough break for him so far. However I heard he made an official visit to Florida, so we will see if they decide to offer.

A lot of the private schools here play against 1A or 2A if they play against public schools at all... quite a few of them don't even have football

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of the private schools here play against 1A or 2A if they play against public schools at all... quite a few of them don't even have football

Dude, excellent avi of Tom Christ, er, I mean Landry.......

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sun Bowl 47K fans!