• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does Philly stick with Wentz before going back to Hurts?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Ballad of Carson Wentz"
( Imagine, if you will, being narrated in the voice of Morgan Freeman)

So here we have the saga of one Carson "Wince"
Held a clipboard for a SB and hasn't been the same since
@dbldwn711 made a classic thread
That had the longevity of the Grateful Dead
Thanks to PE1 being obtuse and carrying on
@Tapey had to create a list for the rest of us to be on
Well, Mr. Foles moved elsewhere being the stuff of lore
And the 2019 season became somewhat of a bore
But in 2020, Howie Roseman saved us all
By making this wonderful second round call
He drafted a QB with a name so apropos
Because surely Mr. Wentz will stub his big toe
Now we have a new thread that is sure to be a treasure
Watching the inevitable meltdown will indeed be a pleasure
The trolls will troll and the naysayers will defend
But the ginger on the sideline is where it will end
This youngster will come in and get the job done
And boy oh boy, won't that be some fun
So in these troubling days of sickness and strife
It's comedy gold like this that gives us all life
So y'all keep going and do what you do
And for now I'll sit back and chuckle and bid you "Adieu".
Kudos for squeezing in both strife and apropos

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, because no one knows if the team will just keep it at the original 4 years. But the player does know that the team can extend it to a 5th year if they choose down the road.
I tried to explain it like this before... If a player signs a 4 year deal with a team option to give him a Ferrari it doesn’t mean he can go home and say I just signed a 4 year deal and got a Ferrari too. The team has the the right to later change it to 5 years. But I’m the beginning it’s a 4 year deal... that can be changed or can be kept at the original 4 years.
As Mr. Cook said, “A 5th year option doesn’t make it a 5 year contract. It’s a 4 year contract with on OPTION to make it 5”.

How is old "Buss" these days?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When they sign that contract do they also sign for the 5th year?

YES or NO

No, they don’t sign for a 5th year. That 5th year may or may not be exercised so it’s an unknown. They sign for 4 years even though the team has their RIGHTS for 5 years. I told you what the agent said. A 5th year option doesn’t make it a 5 year contract. It’s a 4 year contract with an option for a 5th.
The owner sits down with the agent and player and hammers out a 4 year contract. End of story. The owner does have the right to later change it from a 4 year contract to a 5 year contract but the 5th year is never negotiated so the keep it 4 years and down the road see if they want to keep the original agreed upon 4 year deal or later change the original 4 year deal into a 5 year. But from the very start it’s a 4 year deal that can be later changed. Until it changes it’s just for 4 years.

Last edited:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually a few callers have backed that pick. Obviously I strongly disagree.

Yeah, you’re always gonna have your blind homers and that means a lot coming from me. If he was a 3rd and Reagor was a 2nd I’m be totally fine with it because we’d still have a 1st in that scenario.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they don’t sign for a 5th year. That 5th year may or may not be exercised so it’s an unknown. They sign for 4 years even though the team has their RIGHTS for 5 years. I told you what the agent said. A 5th year option doesn’t make it a 5 year contract. It’s a 4 year contract with an option for a 5th.
So the 5th year isnt in the contract when they sign their rookie deal and those rat bastard owners have slipped in after the player signs?

I don't know how the Union puts up with that bullshit.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@PhoenixEagles1 after Reagor signs his rookie deal how many years will the Eagles own his rights where Reagor had absolutely no say in the matter?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you’re always gonna have your blind homers and that means a lot coming from me. If he was a 3rd and Reagor was a 2nd I’m be totally fine with it because we’d still have a 1st in that scenario.

Anything in the top 3 rounds is idiotic. You don't draft any QB until at least the 5th round and make that the QB coaches project. Wentz just got a 100mil so fill the needs on offense and fight for a SB.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the 5th year isnt in the contract when they sign their rookie deal and those rat bastard owners have slipped in after the player signs?

The NFLPA is easily the weakest and most spineless in all of the major sports. Complete pussies that let the owners walk all over them because many of the players are absolutely brutal with money.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@PhoenixEagles1 after Reagor signs his rookie deal how many years will the Eagles own his rights where Reagor had absolutely no say in the matter?

5 years worth of rights.
But he will sign a 4 year contract and we will see if the Eagles extend it or just keep it at the original contract

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They didn’t slip anything in. As I said 100 times they sit down and hammer out a 4 year deal. That is fact. But part of that 4 year deal is the understanding the team can extend it to 5. I don’t get why you don’t get that a 4 year contract with rights to later change it to 5 doesn’t mean it’s a 5 year contract. When every player signs the newspapers report for example, Jalen Reagor just signed a 4 year deal.

And as I showed you from a top agent “A 4 year deal with the rights to extend it to 5 doesn’t make it a 5 year deal”. It’s a 4 year contract with a team option.
As I said before it’s fine to call it a 5 year deal but technically it’s a 4 year contract where the owners can later change it to a 5 year deal. Later change it doesn’t make it a 5 year contract in the beginning. It means they can change the 4 years into 5 later on or just keep it 4

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn’t slip anything in. As I said 100 times they sit down and hammer out a 4 year deal. That is fact. But part of that 4 year deal is the understanding the team can extend it to 5. I don’t get why you don’t get that a 4 year contract with rights to later change it to 5 doesn’t mean it’s a 5 year contract. When every player signs the newspapers report for example, Jalen Reagor just signed a 4 year deal.

And as I showed you from a top agent “A 4 year deal with the rights to extend it to 5 doesn’t make it a 5 year deal”. It’s a 4 year contract with a team option.
As I said before it’s fine to call it a 5 year deal but technically it’s a 4 year contract where the owners can later change it to a 5 year deal. Later change it doesn’t make it a 5 year contract in the beginning. It means they can change the 4 years into 5 later on or just keep it 4

You didn't show him anything from a top agent, you made that shit up...an epic fail on your part.

Bottom line, rookie first rounders are tied to the team for 5 years...it's IN THE CONTRACT about the 5th year option.

They sign that paper, they know they are tied into team for 5 years. It's simple, but apparently too hard for a dummy like you.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 5th year is already in the original contract. They dont change it.
Also you cannot change a contract of any kind without an addendum to it.

I cannot go to my Customer & say hey you guys I changed your contract after you agreed & signed it.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a different definition of the word option that some of you have. If the team has a 5th year option then they are only tied to the player for 4 years, the 5th is up to them.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Headline writers missed some opportunities this weekend. To Wit:

"Wentz Gets Hurts On Draft Day"

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No one disputes the agent as only negotiating 4 years, but per the Bylaws of the CBA the 5th year MUST be included therefore making it a five year contract.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a different definition of the word option that some of you have. If the team has a 5th year option then they are only tied to the player for 4 years, the 5th is up to them.

Agree. In addition if the player busts the team can cut bait early (Manziel and Lynch) while the player has two options. Play on said contract or don't play in the NFL.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. In addition if the player busts the team can cut bait early (Manziel and Lynch) while the player has two options. Play on said contract or don't play in the NFL.

So if you agree then how is PE wrong as you have been arguing?