• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does Philly stick with Wentz before going back to Foles?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should be cause the kid is fantastic. Dallas has a really nice team. Superstar all over that team. The line is the best in the league when they have Fredricks playing with the other 2 All Pro lineman. That line coupled with a generational back like Zeke makes them tough to beat. But Wentz is a tremendous QB.
Wentz has ability, but the biggest knock on Wentz until he proves otherwise is that 2 out of his 3 years he got hurt and both times his team's success went to another level without him. You just can't be a tremendous QB and have that happen in the NFL unless your backup is even better than you are and Foles doesn't look like Tom Brady. Maybe that will be the case and Foles will make Jax one of the best teams in the league, but as we sit here right now it's hard to call Wentz any more than just a good QB based on what has actually happened as compared to thinking what could happen. Football is about results, not combine skills. Even in his great year (and it was a great year) his team's biggest success was with him not playing and another QB making the team do something that they just would not have likely done with him. Foles isn't more skilled, but he may just be more of a winner and maybe that's why his teammates liked him so much more. Last year if he didn't get benched for his "injury" they wouldn't have made the playoffs. That is a pretty big issue he needs to overcome before being seen as a top 10 QB, let alone as "tremendous"

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz has ability, but the biggest knock on Wentz until he proves otherwise is that 2 out of his 3 years he got hurt and both times his team's success went to another level without him. You just can't be a tremendous QB and have that happen in the NFL unless your backup is even better than you are and Foles doesn't look like Tom Brady. Maybe that will be the case and Foles will make Jax one of the best teams in the league, but as we sit here right now it's hard to call Wentz any more than just a good QB based on what has actually happened as compared to thinking what could happen. Football is about results, not combine skills. Even in his great year (and it was a great year) his team's biggest success was with him not playing and another QB making the team do something that they just would not have likely done with him. Foles isn't more skilled, but he may just be more of a winner and maybe that's why his teammates liked him so much more. Last year if he didn't get benched for his "injury" they wouldn't have made the playoffs. That is a pretty big issue he needs to overcome before being seen as a top 10 QB, let alone as "tremendous"
Yea but if we play the game of what if as a fact, then Wentz won a Super bowl and led the team back to the playoffs last year

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was 5 and I'm AARP Eligible. Do the math if you can.

A fucking 5 year old doesn’t know what the fuck he’s watching. Get the fuck out of here with that bull shit. At 5 you don’t have the time or focus to sit their and watch football.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sir. Are a Cvnt.
I grew up niner country. Yet I I am a cowboy fan. (Say the word & I will give you my personal address in a PM.)
I would love to explain your ignorance in person.

Everytime you decide what it is important for an an area (just like racism is) but by god it isnt discrimination? What do we call it?

This is for everyone else. Me personally I want you to understand my parents werent sports fans. (which you call your names) I would love nothing more right now if you went back to side back of meeting in person. (just PM me. I will deal with your ignorance in person)

I have been a Cowboy fan longer than most football fans have been football fans.
I have been a Cowboys fan longer than most fans has been a fan of most teams that a fan has been a fan of, yet PE1 decides I am not a real fan under "his" rules.
Basically saying.
My Parents sucked at doing their job?
The way he explains the rules.

Hey PE1 I would love to discuss this in person.
PM me. So we can do so!

Nope, you’re not a real Cowboy fan. Sorry. And you want to fight me? Please dude.

Last edited:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really need to bring this up with your psychiatrist. No one has ever felt that. Seriously your logic is out there. I don't want to invoke my psych minor here, but you have some very deep rooted issues with both self esteem and a sense of belonging. How bad was it growing up for you in Philly; was it a family issue or the other kids, because you ran the second you had a chance and never looked back.

Even after the Eagles SB win I knew I was more of a winner than you. What my favorite team does, doesn't define me. Perhaps that's were all your bravado and your complete change of how you post and act on here has come from the last year and a half. You define yourself by what your team was and after decades of losing you finally won one :noidea:

Actually I read this in Psych class at Temple. How in poor areas people adopt the current champs as their teams. I don’t have more bravado then before Jarntt and your corny psych evaluation on self esteem and belonging is completely wrong.
I’m sorry if it hurts but that’s exactly why people root for teams they have no ties to. So in what ways are you more of a winner then me. Inbox me and explain it.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you add phenomenal to a noun it makes the noun great.

Example: My AMC Pacer is Phenomenal.

A great wide car for transporting chunky babes......Is that considered trafficking?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only joined SportsHoopla last summer, posting primarily on the Bears board. Sometime around mid-season I started posting in this forum as well. But I never fully grasped the incredible animosity between Eagles and Cowboys fans in here until I began following this particular thread. Looking forward to future threads whenever these two teams meet. I anticipate a lot of fireworks!!

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only joined SportsHoopla last summer, posting primarily on the Bears board. Sometime around mid-season I started posting in this forum as well. But I never fully grasped the incredible animosity between Eagles and Cowboys fans in here until I began following this particular thread. Looking forward to future threads whenever these two teams meet. I anticipate a lot of fireworks!!

We do hate each other and it’s all in fun. I admit sometimes I get mad then I step away and realize how stupid it is. They give me/us a lot of shit and vice versa. Except when I give them shit in return they want to fight. But I can’t fight people like Manster and Schmoopy or Jarntt cause they are not real Cowboy fans :)

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do hate each other and it’s all in fun. I admit sometimes I get mad then I step away and realize how stupid it is. They give me/us a lot of shit and vice versa. Except when I give them shit in return they want to fight. But I can’t fight people like Manster and Schmoopy or Jarntt cause they are not real Cowboy fans :)
Yeah, it really should be in good fun, and we all get mad from time to time no matter how hard we try otherwise. I do my best to take the approach that life is too short and it's just not worth getting all bent out of shape, altho with us sports fanatics, that's easier said than done.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A fucking 5 year old doesn’t know what the fuck he’s watching. Get the fuck out of here with that bull shit. At 5 you don’t have the time or focus to sit their and watch football.
Again MORON, I thought the Cowboys were my dad's team. It had nothing to do with Superbowls it was extreme following my dad. Nothing more nothing less.
Grow a pair and stop crying about what others like.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again MORON, I thought the Cowboys were my dad's team. It had nothing to do with Superbowls it was extreme following my dad. Nothing more nothing less.
Grow a pair and stop crying about what others like.

Crazy... how come nobodies Dad ever rooted for the Lions?

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha. “Real fan”... haha

What a loser.

So miserable/unhappy in his own life he has to project it onto others.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to let my friend know who lives up in Seattle that is a Panthers fan, hes not really a panthers fan and it's sad that hes under that delusion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha

Oh... no... he hasn’t stopped by yet.

He would LOVE this discussion about “real fans”.

Gawd, remember how angry he'd get when Kipp would make fun of him for deciding he was a Green Bay fan, at least once Green Bay started winning?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy... how come nobodies Dad ever rooted for the Lions?

He didn't even root for the Cowboys. He was anti Rams and the Cowboys were playing the Rams that day. Again your BS claim we need a winning team to feel good is complete moronic crap.
In all honesty had the Eagles been playing the Rams that day I'd most likely would have hitched my wagon with them.

Funny thing is, if I had taken the Eagles as my team you'd be fine with it.

If anyone is insecure in who we choose as fans it's you.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to let my friend know who lives up in Seattle that is a Panthers fan, hes not really a panthers fan and it's sad that hes under that delusion

The rules are the rules...