• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL How far will these misfit Lakers go?

How far will these misfit Lakers go?

• Implode mid-season

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Western Conference Finals Loss

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • NBA Finals Loss

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Beat the Celtics in the Finals

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • First Round Loss

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • Second Round Loss

Votes: 22 37.3%

• Total voters

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just say that, you want them to blow it up and rebuild even though they have one of the better players in the game to build around and a ton of cap space. They have some nice young pieces already too, and they haven't been to the playoffs for 7 years. You want them to rebuild for another 3. Not happening.

It's a tough choice. Keep your aging star and not make the playoffs or let him go, get a couple of first round picks, suck for a few more seasons and have more first round picks and see what shakes out. It's not a bad way to go. As it is, they aren't going anywhere.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a tough choice. Keep your aging star and not make the playoffs or let him go, get a couple of first round picks, suck for a few more seasons and have more first round picks and see what shakes out. It's not a bad way to go. As it is, they aren't going anywhere.
They are probably making the playoffs next year. They may not bring in enough to win a title with James, but they will certainly bring in enough to do that.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dorian's tone here might be a lil aggressive but i dont see how the content is wrong.

LeBron will be 34 in December and I dont see the Warriors becoming anything less than the favorite for the next 3-4 years even if they do lose Draymond or Klay. With Paul, Harden and Capela all signed up for at least the next 3-4 years I dont see how Houston becomes anything less than a great team. The nuggets have a ton of talent and are a rising team.

What did Dorian say in his post?

LeBron is now out there in the West where the quality is- thats true

He is going to have a tough road to the Finals- much tougher than he has faced in the last 8 years

If i had to bet whether LEBron wins a championship in LA considering he will be 34 in December, and the Rockets and Warriors and all the other teams in the West- if i had a gun to my head I would definitely have to say NO.

he said the West is much tougher than the East and its unlikely LeBron wins another championship. There is absolutely nothing crazy about that statement.

for the Lakers to contend for a championship a ton of things need to happen- the young guys need to be more than just good role players- they have to become high level starters. They have to sign a high level free agent. LeBron has to stay healthy. Every IF that you add just reduces the chances.

Wiggy,

I have to give you props for writing this back in Aug 2018.

I still think James deserves some of the blame instead all of it on the front office but this was a pretty good call.

:suds:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy,

I have to give you props for writing this back in Aug 2018.

I still think James deserves some of the blame instead all of it on the front office but this was a pretty good call.

:suds:
That bit about the Warriors being favorites the next 3-4 years didn't age well

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's homer to suggest that Tatum and Brown are better than Ingram and Kuzma... than you can call me homer all day long.

Like I said earlier and I'll repeat again... find me one non-Laker fan who agrees with the OP on this point... and I'll be shocked.

Someone get @Wamu in here, this was according to him a good team that just had a few injuries lol

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone get @Wamu in here, this was according to him a good team that just had a few injuries lol
I'm not really following you... are you referring to the Lakers or the Celtics?

Strange bump, regardless.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really following you... are you referring to the Lakers or the Celtics?

Strange bump, regardless.

Lakers...They were hyping all those scrubs, when you were the voice of reason.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like a lot of what the lakers have done.

I would’ve kept Hart over kuzma, and I would’ve found a better fit at PG, but I think pelinka did much better this summer.

Danny green is a great get. Perfect fit.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah...that was nowhere near a 50 win team talent wise. espeically in the western conference. not even close.

If everyone had stayed healthy they probably could have been a 50 win team.

Nobody gives a flying fuck about that now though. Those extra losses got us in the lottery and a major chip at getting Anthony Davis

So how about you point out which Lakers fans are currently upset about how things went. I'll wait...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would’ve kept Hart over kuzma, and I would’ve found a better fit at PG, but I think pelinka did much better this summer.

I like what Kawhi did to the Lakers. Kept them on the hook waiting while all the other FA’s signed with their current team or elsewhere and then signed with the Clippers.

To see the Lakers and Knicks — two of the premier franchises and locations in the NBA come away from the FA period with essentially nothing but the scraps leftover. It was entertaining to watch.

Lebron is a great player, but watching FA’s avoid him like the plague is very telling. In two years, the only star they brought in, they had to trade away their entire team and their future with all the picks.

They are in win now mode and they aren’t even viewed as the best team in their own building.

Going to be a fun season to watch next year.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If everyone had stayed healthy they probably could have been a 50 win team.

Nobody gives a flying fuck about that now though. Those extra losses got us in the lottery and a major chip at getting Anthony Davis

So how about you point out which Lakers fans are currently upset about how things went. I'll wait...

lol, just another weak-ass troll attempt...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what Kawhi did to the Lakers. Kept them on the hook waiting while all the other FA’s signed with their current team or elsewhere and then signed with the Clippers.

To see the Lakers and Knicks — two of the premier franchises and locations in the NBA come away from the FA period with essentially nothing but the scraps leftover. It was entertaining to watch.

Lebron is a great player, but watching FA’s avoid him like the plague is very telling. In two years, the only star they brought in, they had to trade away their entire team and their future with all the picks.

They are in win now mode and they aren’t even viewed as the best team in their own building.

its funny to me how some people do not believe its "title or bust" for the Lakers right after they traded Ball, Ingram, Hart, 3 first round picks and a pick swap---for a guy who was going to be a free agent and said he was only going to the Lakers in 1 year's time.

I mean that is the definition of trying to "win now"--- especially with LeBron turning 35 in December.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its funny to me how some people do not believe its "title or bust" for the Lakers right after they traded Ball, Ingram, Hart, 3 first round picks and a pick swap---for a guy who was going to be a free agent and said he was only going to the Lakers in 1 year's time.

I mean that is the definition of trying to "win now"--- especially with LeBron turning 35 in December.

course it'll be funnier watching g the Cavs duck for the foreseeable future and watch some of their lamest fans pray for lottery balls...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You must hate the Lakers - that's the only reason for wanting Hart over Kuzma - Hart is a good player though, but not as good as Kuzma

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Got to hand it to Pelinka, He had all of his players ready to sign once the Leonard Fiasco was over and he went exactly what was available. Leonard may have tried to play the Lakers, but the Lakers were well prepared and in fact I would say Leonard hurt the Clippers as much as he tried to hurt the Lakers. Had he already worked out that deal with the Clippers, instead of working so hard to do that trade, they could have put together a better roster of role players that went to the Clippers

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to hand it to Pelinka, He had all of his players ready to sign once the Leonard Fiasco was over and he went exactly what was available. Leonard may have tried to play the Lakers, but the Lakers were well prepared and in fact I would say Leonard hurt the Clippers as much as he tried to hurt the Lakers. Had he already worked out that deal with the Clippers, instead of working so hard to do that trade, they could have put together a better roster of role players that went to the Clippers

More than likely Kawhi took as long as he did because they had to get the Paul George thing worked out before he could officially commit. Why would he want to hurt the team he's signing with?