• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL How far will these misfit Lakers go?

How far will these misfit Lakers go?

• Implode mid-season

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Western Conference Finals Loss

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • NBA Finals Loss

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Beat the Celtics in the Finals

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • First Round Loss

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • Second Round Loss

Votes: 22 37.3%

• Total voters

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than likely Kawhi took as long as he did because they had to get the Paul George thing worked out before he could officially commit. Why would he want to hurt the team he's signing with?
I don't think he considered that option. I think that it was more of a he preferred the Clippers but wanted a playmate who was an all star, so he told the Clippers if they got George he would sign. What he didn't do was tell the Lakers he preferred to sign with the Clippers and would if they were able to pull off a trade for Paul George.

Now if that is what he did - He really didn't do anything unethical - If was negotiating for a new job, I wouldn't necessarily tell both of them about the other team either. That's just smart business. On the other hand If the Lakers new that Leonard was trying to get George to ask for a trade to the Clippers, I think the Lakers would have ended negotiations sooner and Leonard needed the Lakers in the hunt for bargaining power. It would make a good tv show for one episode for sure:lol:

Either way - Pelinka in my job did a good job of negotiating deals with the players he would want if Leonard did not come. I don't how he convinced them to wait until the Leonard deal unfolded, but he was prepared and the Lakers were not damaged. If anything I think the Lakers helped by not getting them because now they have a deeper team because they are under the salary cap and they still might be able to pull off a trade before February. If Cousins were to be healthy as he claims he is, the Lakers got a steal anyway and Leonard might have been to much

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to hand it to Pelinka, He had all of his players ready to sign once the Leonard Fiasco was over and he went exactly what was available. Leonard may have tried to play the Lakers, but the Lakers were well prepared and in fact I would say Leonard hurt the Clippers as much as he tried to hurt the Lakers. Had he already worked out that deal with the Clippers, instead of working so hard to do that trade, they could have put together a better roster of role players that went to the Clippers

Did you just say the Leonard hurt the Clippers?!?

Leonard signed with the Clippers and got 1st team all-NBA and 1st team all-NBA defense Paul George to request a trade to follow him.

The only team who even comes remotely close to having as good of an offseason as the Clippers, is, of all teams, the Nets.

As I said — I respect Lebron as a player, but I think it speaks volumes that he couldn’t get another superstar to join him over the past two off seasons, sans the player LA traded away their entire roster and future for.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what Kawhi did to the Lakers. Kept them on the hook waiting while all the other FA’s signed with their current team or elsewhere and then signed with the Clippers.

To see the Lakers and Knicks — two of the premier franchises and locations in the NBA come away from the FA period with essentially nothing but the scraps leftover. It was entertaining to watch.

Lebron is a great player, but watching FA’s avoid him like the plague is very telling. In two years, the only star they brought in, they had to trade away their entire team and their future with all the picks.

They are in win now mode and they aren’t even viewed as the best team in their own building.

Going to be a fun season to watch next year.

I liked it as well. It was pretty funny actually tbh

It's worse than players avoiding lebron. Kyrie Irving was happy to recruit players to CLE, then plays with Lebron and wants out. Stars are demanding trades just because they have to play with the guy now lol

And i just read the other day that AD was already talking about going and playing back in CHI, so if this season is a disaster, and i am expecting a few meltdowns in the locker room, AD could be gone next year.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
course it'll be funnier watching g the Cavs duck for the foreseeable future and watch some of their lamest fans pray for lottery balls...

No it won't. Trust me if the Lakers fail next year it will be comedy gold. I expect some funny stuff on twitter, and shaqdaddy to have a mental breakdown like last year for a few months before she bags up the courage to come back again lol

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it won't. Trust me if the Lakers fail next year it will be comedy gold. I expect some funny stuff on twitter, and shaqdaddy to have a mental breakdown like last year for a few months before she bags up the courage to come back again lol

Riiiiiiggghhhttt...

bottom line, at least we won't suck...

so, as your boy WiggityWack used to say when the Cavs were actually competitive, enjoy our playoff runs... :heh:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I got it right...implode mid-season lolzzz

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must hate the Lakers - that's the only reason for wanting Hart over Kuzma - Hart is a good player though, but not as good as Kuzma

Hart is a much better fit next to Lebron though.

Classic 3 and D player.

and for all the hype, Hart had a higher VORP and BPM than Kuzma last year.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay just took my crazy pills. So here's my bestest attempt at being the # 1 Lakers Hater on SportsHoopla. @dtgold88 make sure to take this comment very, very, very seriously so we gots something to argue about later, thank you. This is total sarcasm but don't let that stop you!

-Jeanie Buss will fire Pelinka before the AS break & replace him w/ her tennis coach

-23 games into the season AD will refuse to play & demand a trade

-Pelinka will lose his job when he gets arrested trying to pick up a midget hooker on the Sunset Strip & replaced by Linda Rambis

-due to chemistry issues the Lakers will start 0-13 (finishing 9th in conference)

-Jimmy Buss will be given an advisory roll w/ the franchise

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay just took my crazy pills. So here's my bestest attempt at being the # 1 Lakers Hater on SportsHoopla. @dtgold88 make sure to take this comment very, very, very seriously so we gots something to argue about later, thank you. This is total sarcasm but don't let that stop you!

-Jeanie Buss will fire Pelinka before the AS break & replace him w/ her tennis coach

-23 games into the season AD will refuse to play & demand a trade

-Pelinka will lose his job when he gets arrested trying to pick up a midget hooker on the Sunset Strip & replaced by Linda Rambis

-due to chemistry issues the Lakers will start 0-13 (finishing 9th in conference)

-Jimmy Buss will be given an advisory roll w/ the franchise
You used a sarcastic comment to imply I thought the Lakers tanked. You were wrong as I was aware they did not tank last season. You were called out on it. You backpedaled.

You be you.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You used a sarcastic comment to imply I thought the Lakers tanked. You were wrong as I was aware they did not tank last season. You were called out on it. You backpedaled.

You be you.

No I didn't imply anything. You have some mental issues don't you? You're choosing to take that comment of mine as being serious. Again it's what you do. Nothing new. Move along, move along.

I'm not kidding when I say there's something wrong w/ you.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I didn't imply anything. You have some mental issues don't you? You're choosing to take that comment of mine as being serious. Again it's what you do. Nothing new. Move along, move along.

some folks get off on conflict...

never understood it, honestly...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Read this first part before going further. As many times as it takes to understand. Here it is.....I get you were being sarcastic in your comment.

Ah, ah, ah No way one time did the trick. You need at least a dozen.

OK. I'll take your word you're ready to continue. Your sarcastic comment was directed at me thinking I thought the Lakers tanked. I didn't.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some folks get off on conflict...

never understood it, honestly...
directed at a guy who has made it clear he loves to start arguments? who jumped into a discussion in which he was not involved to start said argument? Maybe he can explain why he gets off?

Ya gotta love this forum.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
course it'll be funnier watching g the Cavs duck for the foreseeable future and watch some of their lamest fans pray for lottery balls...
definitely sucks while it happens, but this worked 2 times for them already. Not exactly a FA destination here.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riiiiiiggghhhttt...

bottom line, at least we won't suck...

so, as your boy WiggityWack used to say when the Cavs were actually competitive, enjoy our playoff runs... :heh:
I do have to admit I miss them.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you just say the Leonard hurt the Clippers?!?

Leonard signed with the Clippers and got 1st team all-NBA and 1st team all-NBA defense Paul George to request a trade to follow him.

The only team who even comes remotely close to having as good of an offseason as the Clippers, is, of all teams, the Nets.

As I said — I respect Lebron as a player, but I think it speaks volumes that he couldn’t get another superstar to join him over the past two off seasons, sans the player LA traded away their entire roster and future for.
Yes I did. He hurt the Clippers by dragging it out. Had he signed quicker and faster, they could have been looking and talking to better role players to go with Leonard.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hart is a much better fit next to Lebron though.

Classic 3 and D player.

and for all the hype, Hart had a higher VORP and BPM than Kuzma last year.
Wrong again - Kuzma fit really good with LeBron last year and LeBron had high praises for Kuzma. Hart was a 7 ppg player last year and Kuzma was an 18 ppg player last year. I believe that 18 is better then 7. 18 means Kuzma was making more of his shots than Hart. Rebounding and Assists were higher as well

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I did. He hurt the Clippers by dragging it out. Had he signed quicker and faster, they could have been looking and talking to better role players to go with Leonard.

After signing Kawhi and resigning Beverley and trading for George they only had their exception. If we’re complainint about just bringing back jamychal green, I think we’re nitpicking.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong again - Kuzma fit really good with LeBron last year and LeBron had high praises for Kuzma. Hart was a 7 ppg player last year and Kuzma was an 18 ppg player last year. I believe that 18 is better then 7. 18 means Kuzma was making more of his shots than Hart. Rebounding and Assists were higher as well

No everything I said was factually correct.

You just don’t like the facts.