• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL How far will these misfit Lakers go?

How far will these misfit Lakers go?

• Implode mid-season

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Western Conference Finals Loss

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • NBA Finals Loss

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Beat the Celtics in the Finals

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • First Round Loss

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • Second Round Loss

Votes: 22 37.3%

• Total voters

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron has championship aspirations everywhere he goes, but with this young nucleus and core of misfits how far will the Lakers go this season?

This all depends on how you project Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, Lonzo Ball, and Josh Hart.

Brandon Ingram - This kid is gong to be special. Last year he finally decided no one can stop me when I drive to the hoop and he was relentless attacking the basket. He also played point forward to end the season. I see him raising his game to 21-23 ppg this season while taking on more ball handling responsibilities.

Kyle Kuzma - A more athletic Kevin Love. With all the talk surrounding Simmons, Mitchell, and Tatum...Kuzma often gets lost in the shuffle of great rookies. He is the perfect tweener for today's NBA. He's tall enough to play the 4 but agile enough to also switch and guard multiple positions. His jump shot is nasty. He's going to have games where he goes off for 20-25 in a quarter.

Lonzo Ball - Desperately needs to work on that jump shot. We don't need Lonzo to be Magic just be Jason Kidd. Lebron as he ages would love to relieve ball handling duty to someone who is capable. As he transitions towards playing more as a 4, he and Lonzo will be a perfect combo.

Josh Hart - 3 and D players are the most valuable role players in today's NBA. He is your Danny Green/Trevor Ariza off the bench but unlike those guys he can get his own shot and is a more efficient scorer. With Bron running the show now he's going to get a lot of great looks.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you go from implode mid-season to make conference finals? Is there no in between?

I do think they lose in the conference finals though.

Reactions: DJ
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of people will go with a 2nd round loss which is why i'm surprised that option isn't there.

And a lot of Lakers fans, myself included, would be happy with that.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you go from implode mid-season to make conference finals? Is there no in between?

I do think they lose in the conference finals though.

With this group of misfits it's either going to work really great or it's going to be an absolute disaster. And if the latter is the case, then it's easy to place the blame on the volatile personalities and cut ties with them next off season and cycle in new players.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of people will go with a 2nd round loss which is why i'm surprised that option isn't there.

And a lot of Lakers fans, myself included, would be happy with that.

Just added first round and second round loss. I just don't see this team losing in the first round. Second round maybe if they're seeded low enough.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
second round

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just added first round and second round loss. I just don't see this team losing in the first round. Second round maybe if they're seeded low enough.

They could make the WCF if all the pieces fall in the right place and if everybody stays healthy. In which case the best they could hope for is maybe winning one game against the Warriors.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could make the WCF if all the pieces fall in the right place and if everybody stays healthy. In which case the best they could hope for is maybe winning one game against the Warriors.

Defensively the Lakers match up well with the Warriors.

Lebron, Ingram, Hart, and KCP are all 6'5 to 6'9 and can guard multiple positions on the perimeter. Kuzma isn't a black hole on defense like Kevin Love was. Rondo is a tenacious defender when he chooses to be. I think they want to use Michael Beasley like Boston used Marcus Morris. Lonzo is 6'5 and has all the potential in the world to become Jason Kidd like on the defensive end.

I think it won't be pretty for a lot of stretches but if they can turn it on defensively they can compete with anyone

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensively the Lakers match up well with the Warriors.

Lebron, Ingram, Hart, and KCP are all 6'5 to 6'9 and can guard multiple positions on the perimeter. Kuzma isn't a black hole on defense like Kevin Love was. Rondo is a tenacious defender when he chooses to be. I think they want to use Michael Beasley like Boston used Marcus Morris. Lonzo is 6'5 and has all the potential in the world to become Jason Kidd like on the defensive end.

I think it won't be pretty for a lot of stretches but if they can turn it on defensively they can compete with anyone

That was Magic and Rob's plan when filling out the roster. They figured it's better to try to stop the Warriors from scoring than try to outshoot them. They should be able to switch on everything defensively.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was Magic and Rob's plan when filling out the roster. They figured it's better to try to stop the Warriors from scoring than try to outshoot them. They should be able to switch on everything defensively.

lol, where the hell you been, man...?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get it... Lakers fans are excited. Leave it to a Celtics fan to provide some balance. :D

The Lakers were a bad basketball team last season. Let me say that again another way: all these guy you speak of combined to form the nucleus of a bad team just one season ago.

Don't get me wrong... some of them put up some stats last season, especially in flashes. But let's not forget that the Lakers under Walton play in a friendly offense that runs at a brisk pace...

... the scoring didn't equal success, though.

Of course things will get better in the upcoming with the addition of the best player in the game. But c'mon... reading the OP one might think the Lakers have one of the very best teams in basketball.

They don't. It's gonna be a process.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get it... Lakers fans are excited. Leave it to a Celtics fan to provide some balance. :D

The Lakers were a bad basketball team last season. Let me say that again another way: all these guy you speak of combined to form the nucleus of a bad team just one season ago.

Don't get me wrong... some of them put up some stats last season, especially in flashes. But let's not forget that the Lakers under Walton play in a friendly offense that runs at a brisk pace...

... the scoring didn't equal success, though.

Of course things will get better in the upcoming with the addition of the best player in the game. But c'mon... reading the OP one might think the Lakers have one of the very best teams in basketball.

They don't. It's gonna be a process.

What part of the original post indicates that the Lakers are one of the very best teams in basketball? I think everyone here is projecting an early playoff exit and most are happy with this result given the circumstance.

All I'm doing is projecting Brandon Ingram and Kyle Kuzma's growth next season. Ingram has trended up every season. Kuzma is coming off a great rookie season. Josh Hart has shown major improvement in his game. What part of that is inaccurate?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see no way this first season is not a first round playoff loss. That’s my prediction.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What part of the original post indicates that the Lakers are one of the very best teams in basketball?
Umm... the largely glowing player takes/descriptions that made up the bulk of your post?

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm... the largely glowing player takes/descriptions that made up the bulk of your post?

Brandon Ingram and Kyle Kuzma are special young talents in the same breath as Jalyen Brown and Jayson Tatum is. Should I not glow about those guys?

Is Josh Hart not a promising young role player? Does Lonzo Ball not have talent and potential?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SportsHoopla loves them some Lakers!!!!!

LOL.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this thread.