• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL How far will these misfit Lakers go?

How far will these misfit Lakers go?

• Implode mid-season

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Western Conference Finals Loss

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • NBA Finals Loss

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Beat the Celtics in the Finals

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • First Round Loss

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • Second Round Loss

Votes: 22 37.3%

• Total voters

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports have him giving up $7.5m
Wow....that's great for the Lakers.

Nobody is giving Deng 7 mil over 2 years at this point of free agency.

Hell, looking at what guys like Midget Isiah got, he'd probably be looking at the vet minimum no matter what.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He came to LA because movies. And he hates Dan Gilbert. And he expects another big star to get signed next year.
I mean, that seems pretty obvious.

I'm sure he likes the young guys and hope a couple develop.

But, if his decision was mostly about the good young players, he would be in Boston or Philly, not LA.

Philly could have maxed him easily and has better talent.

But, no great movie studios, rodeo drive etc.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He came to LA because movies. And he hates Dan Gilbert. And he expects another big star to get signed next year.

With the Deng buyout the Lakers can now give a max contract to another player next summer. Which I'm not a fan of.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, that seems pretty obvious.

I'm sure he likes the young guys and hope a couple develop.

But, if his decision was mostly about the good young players, he would be in Boston or Philly, not LA.

Philly could have maxed him easily and has better talent.

But, no great movie studios, rodeo drive etc.

This move is still about winning (or trying to win more rings) but his life after basketball was also a major factor. He's already involved w/ some shows. Being closer to Hollywood makes sense for him for a # of reasons.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hell, looking at what guys like Midget Isiah got, he'd probably be looking at the vet minimum no matter what.

Maybe he'll sign w/ the Clippers?:heh:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron came to LA alone because he liked the young core the Lakers have. He's stated that numerous times. Lonzo is a part of that.

That is true.

Because if LeBron can get another superstar along with the young core, the Lakers are contenders.

But, the original conversation was between me and TF12 regarding who was the best fit, Ball or George. You are greatly overstating Ball's part in generic quotes made by LBJ.

LeBron might love Ball. In fact, I believe he is very intrigued. But, you can bet that if the fit between Ball and LeBron isn't working (and it very well may not), Ball's greatest value to LeBron and the Lakers could be as a trade asset.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is true.

Because if LeBron can get another superstar along with the young core, the Lakers are contenders.

But, the original conversation was between me and TF12 regarding who was the best fit, Ball or George. You are greatly overstating Ball's part in generic quotes made by LBJ.

LeBron might love Ball. In fact, I believe he is very intrigued. But, you can bet that if the fit between Ball and LeBron isn't working (and it very well may not), Ball's greatest value to LeBron and the Lakers could be as a trade asset.

I completely agree. We don't know how well LeBron and lonzo will play together

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

its not like it effects the cap though- just the payout.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not like it effects the cap though- just the payout.
There isn't anyone left out there worth signing, this year, except J Crawford.

Even with the open roster spot, I doubt they want to add another guard.

So, that's no biggie.

Getting off of Deng's money, without losing an asset, and having a max slot next year was the goal.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went with mid season implosion, and Magic Quitting 1 game before the season ends lol

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had little room to maneuver either with trades or free agency. If the Lakers want to get better they need to trade LeBron for 2 or 3 true NBA players.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had little room to maneuver either with trades or free agency. If the Lakers want to get better they need to trade LeBron for 2 or 3 true NBA players.
In which we learn LeBron is not even a "true NBA player" :L

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From page 1:
We get it... Lakers fans are excited. Leave it to a Celtics fan to provide some balance. :D

The Lakers were a bad basketball team last season. Let me say that again another way: all these guy you speak of combined to form the nucleus of a bad team just one season ago.

Don't get me wrong... some of them put up some stats last season, especially in flashes. But let's not forget that the Lakers under Walton play in a friendly offense that runs at a brisk pace...

... the scoring didn't equal success, though.

Of course things will get better in the upcoming with the addition of the best player in the game. But c'mon... reading the OP one might think the Lakers have one of the very best teams in basketball.

They don't. It's gonna be a process.
^ I'm a genius.

6a00d8341ef41d53ef01b7c6dcc393970b-600wi

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In which we learn LeBron is not even a "true NBA player" :L
I never thought I would have to explain this, but for you, I will.

The Lakers nearly depleted the team with decent NBA players to get LeBron. Unless they want to lose all first round picks for a few years and trade what little talent they have left for a really good player to play along side LeBron, why not trade him for 2 good players and a pick or maybe 3 decent players. That way they start to rebuild. So far they have whiffed on all possible star players to come along and play for them as they don't have the players to pass along.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said I THINK James is the best player in the world for the next 2 seasons. If someone asked me who I thought would be the best player the next 2 years it would absolutely be Lebron--- but i also think as he will be 34 in December, will not be playing with an All Star for the first time i na decade, and will not have the spacing that has helped his efficiency and kept him healthy, that he is more vulnerable to ceding that mantle of Best Player Alive then he has ever been in the passed, what? 9-10 years or so since he became the best player alive?
Wiggy- was again 100% right

#timevindicates

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought I would have to explain this, but for you, I will.

The Lakers nearly depleted the team with decent NBA players to get LeBron. Unless they want to lose all first round picks for a few years and trade what little talent they have left for a really good player to play along side LeBron, why not trade him for 2 good players and a pick or maybe 3 decent players. That way they start to rebuild. So far they have whiffed on all possible star players to come along and play for them as they don't have the players to pass along.
So just say that, you want them to blow it up and rebuild even though they have one of the better players in the game to build around and a ton of cap space. They have some nice young pieces already too, and they haven't been to the playoffs for 7 years. You want them to rebuild for another 3. Not happening.