• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Houston Texans

Seahawksgal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not familiar with the team we are playing on Sunday. I saw in the Times today we were favored by 3. Will this game be like our last two, or will it be more like our game against Carolina?

Also, is Irvin due back this weekend or next weekend? :wave:

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irvin is due back next weekend against Indy. His suspension was a 4-gamer and the Houston game is game number 4.

As for the Texans, the match-up I'm most concerned about pits our offensive line against their defensive line/pass rush. They have a really good one, headed by the reigning, unanimous Defensive Player of the Year, J.J. Watt. The guy is scary good and with Okung out, the Seahawks could have issues trying to block him. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Seahawks use a lot of two TE sets on Sunday to help neutralize him. Either that or use a lot of sets that include the fullback on passing downs to chip Watt and give Wilson enough time to either get rid of the ball or escape the pocket. Even if he doesn't get close to Wilson, he still has the opportunity to make an impact either by drawing a double team, freeing up someone else to get to Wilson or by batting down passes (he's really good at that) at the line. It's going to be a challenge, especially since the game is in Houston and the crowd noise could make it hard to hear, but if they can minimize Watt's impact, the Seahawks can win this game.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Seattle. :hope:

Seahawksgal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irvin is due back next weekend against Indy. His suspension was a 4-gamer and the Houston game is game number 4.

As for the Texans, the match-up I'm most concerned about pits our offensive line against their defensive line/pass rush. They have a really good one, headed by the reigning, unanimous Defensive Player of the Year, J.J. Watt. The guy is scary good and with Okung out, the Seahawks could have issues trying to block him. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Seahawks use a lot of two TE sets on Sunday to help neutralize him. Either that or use a lot of sets that include the fullback on passing downs to chip Watt and give Wilson enough time to either get rid of the ball or escape the pocket. Even if he doesn't get close to Wilson, he still has the opportunity to make an impact either by drawing a double team, freeing up someone else to get to Wilson or by batting down passes (he's really good at that) at the line. It's going to be a challenge, especially since the game is in Houston and the crowd noise could make it hard to hear, but if they can minimize Watt's impact, the Seahawks can win this game.

Thanks. That helps me a lot. :cheer2:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which is one more reason why the Seahawks will try to go with the run game. Watt is a sack master, best way to neutralize him is to run the ball IMO. Of course that means you actually have to be able to be successful doing so.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is one more reason why the Seahawks will try to go with the run game. Watt is a sack master, best way to neutralize him is to run the ball IMO. Of course that means you actually have to be able to be successful doing so.

Im hoping for a lot of roll outs and screen plays.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

My thoughts too. Good running neutralizes the pass rush, opens up the PA pass and most importantly eats clock and takes the crowd out of it a bit. Conversely, we need to stop Foster on the other side for the same reasons. (the crowd going the other way, obviously)

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect Houston.

If the Seahawks are as good as I think we are, we win by 1-2 TDs.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well the Hawks would try to go with the run game anyway, but I know what you're saying. I like the idea of roll-outs and play-action to make it harder on Watt to have an impact against the passing game as well, but as good as he is, he's still going to find a way to make an impact even if he can't get to Wilson. His effect on opposing pass offenses is what people like to focus on and he's certainly dominant there, but I don't think we should overlook his ability to defend against the run. You don't win Defensive Player of the Year with a unanimous vote unless you can do both. He had 68 tackles last year and 39 of them went for a loss. I realize that sacks are likely to be included in that stat, but even if you subtract out his sacks, he still had 17 tackles for a loss. He's going to be tough to deal with all around.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF has a pretty good front 7 as well. One of the best in the biz. Look at what we did to them, and Okung was out part of that game. Yahh, it's in Houston and earlier start time, but that's still way less miles that Carolina and one less time zone.
I'm not calling some blowout. But I think we win this one by 7 to 10 points. Our D is going to reek havoc on Schaub and their passing game. He's a good QB, but can get rattled when facing good pass Ds and he lacks the athleticism to take off with the ball besides token scrambles. We'll get some sacks against him.

I expect some R.O. against their D and plenty of beast mode to pound the rock.
But it's our D that will make the difference again this game.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF has a pretty good front 7 as well. One of the best in the biz. Look at what we did to them, and Okung was out part of that game. Yahh, it's in Houston and earlier start time, but that's still way less miles that Carolina and one less time zone.
I'm not calling some blowout. But I think we win this one by 7 to 10 points. Our D is going to reek havoc on Schaub and their passing game. He's a good QB, but can get rattled when facing good pass Ds and he lacks the athleticism to take off with the ball besides token scrambles. We'll get some sacks against him.

I expect some R.O. against their D and plenty of beast mode to pound the rock.
But it's our D that will make the difference again this game.

Once McQ came in, Aldon quickly had 2 sacks. 9ers front 7 isn't what it's been in the past. Last week, the Colts gouged the 9ers in the run game. Bradshaw pounded them and they had 180 yds on the ground. Jags doesn't count, so now we look at what we did vs Carolina and are now missing Okung.

Yes, our D will have a great game as long as we bring heat but plenty of beast mode to pound the rock? Not so much. We shall see soon enough. If beast runs for 80+, I will send a tweet to Paul letting him know I doubted him but he proved me wrong. :nod:

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Texans are very very very fortunate not to be 0-3 right now.

We expected them to be better than what we have seen so far but we also are not surprised that they have looked like underachievers.

We are at home so that might help a little bit but this team has been a horrible first half team and not really good against the better teams in the league.

I could definitely make a case on why Seattle could go into the game as the favorite and would not be surprised at all if Seattle left the Lone Star State with a 4-0 record.

12th man nation

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to be our first "REAL" road test vs a playoff team. We can do this though!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We expected them to be better than what we have seen so far but we also are not surprised that they have looked like underachievers.

We are at home so that might help a little bit but this team has been a horrible first half team and not really good against the better teams in the league.

I could definitely make a case on why Seattle could go into the game as the favorite and would not be surprised at all if Seattle left the Lone Star State with a 4-0 record.

You guy's have a good D line though and were a little shaky upfront with some key injuries on our O-line... Our D is a beast but you guy's aren't pushovers either... Should be a grind out...

Suhsyourdaddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Screw that. Houston is going to beat seattle down. 10 am game. Wilson is going to be under duress all day long.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guy's have a good D line though and were a little shaky upfront with some key injuries on our O-line... Our D is a beast but you guy's aren't pushovers either... Should be a grind out...

Yahh, Texans might have a great Dline, but we got a great entire D that's once again, ranked #1. Not expecting a ton of fireworks, but if we can maintain the lead at the 3rdQ, we should win this one.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I want is Seattle to come out on their first possession and put points on the board. Set the tone early and let our defense go to work. I'm thinking a hard fought low scoring 4pt victory in our favor.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be tough to get points on the first possession. It would be nice, but until our practically second string O-line sees what it is up against we won't know how to attack them. My guess is run, run, pass attempt/possible sack, punt.