• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Horrid Halos Head to Hollandless Texas

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do any of you guys know if other teams have as many injuries, especially pitchers, as we do.?:crazy:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do any of you guys know if other teams have as many injuries, especially pitchers, as we do.?:crazy:

No.....primarily because there aren't any DT. :pound:

Unfortunately, last year was unprecedented. And this year....well, I guess we'll see.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rua will be in a walking boot for 3 weeks.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan Grant ‏@Evan_P_Grant 36m36 minutes ago
About Rangers lineup: Club is among most impatient and leadoff hitter IS most impatient in MLB in first week: http://SportsHoopla.com/1DBTrs5

This is what I was talking about earlier in the day. We need a different philosophy on what we do at the plate. It's not about why guys are not hitting its how they are approaching their ABs that bother me more. Rosales and Martin should have been more patient at the plate in those big situations yesterday.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I was talking about earlier in the day. We need a different philosophy on what we do at the plate. It's not about why guys are not hitting its how they are approaching their ABs that bother me more. Rosales and Martin should have been more patient at the plate in those big situations yesterday.
No argument here.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ARLINGTON – Rangers outfielder Ryan Rua, who left Friday’s game with what was described as a sprained ankle, has been told he also has a small fracture in his right heel.

Rua will be in a walking boot for three weeks and then will undergo a followup bone scan before a next step is determined. At a minimum, it would likely keep him out a month.

In addition to Rua, there is this news:

• RHP Lisalverto Bonilla, who was considered an option as a long reliever or depth for the starting rotation, will undergo season-ending Tommy John surgery on Friday.

• RHP Tanner Scheppers, who pitched three times in four days on rehab, will likely be given the next two days off and could be activated from his sprained ankle on Wednesday or for the start of the Rangers 10-game road trip Friday.

• RHP Kyuji Fujikawa, dealing with a strained groin, went through pitchers fielding drills on Monday and could be sent on a rehab assignment within the next day or two.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it looks like we will get another pretty good draft pick in 2016.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone asked about Luke Tindler at Hickory as I also noticed he was off to a quick start. He played college ball at North Carolina A&T and was a 29th round pick. Last year at short season Spokane in 256 ABs hit 316 with 18 2bs and 11 HRs with OBP and SLG of 390/531. This year in first 4 games had 2 2bs and 2 HRs hitting 400. Plays mostly RF.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ARLINGTON – Rangers outfielder Ryan Rua, who left Friday’s game with what was described as a sprained ankle, has been told he also has a small fracture in his right heel.

Rua will be in a walking boot for three weeks and then will undergo a followup bone scan before a next step is determined. At a minimum, it would likely keep him out a month.

In addition to Rua, there is this news:

• RHP Lisalverto Bonilla, who was considered an option as a long reliever or depth for the starting rotation, will undergo season-ending Tommy John surgery on Friday.

• RHP Tanner Scheppers, who pitched three times in four days on rehab, will likely be given the next two days off and could be activated from his sprained ankle on Wednesday or for the start of the Rangers 10-game road trip Friday.

• RHP Kyuji Fujikawa, dealing with a strained groin, went through pitchers fielding drills on Monday and could be sent on a rehab assignment within the next day or two.

Looks like Peggy, Smols and Deshields will get a chance to stick and see who truly will be with the big club, Deshields has looked much better in the last couple weeks and could probably play some 2B in a pinch (not well mind you, but in the event of an injury)

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Peggy, Smols and Deshields will get a chance to stick and see who truly will be with the big club, Deshields has looked much better in the last couple weeks and could probably play some 2B in a pinch (not well mind you, but in the event of an injury)

Pegs made a nice catch in LF and did well at the plate. Maybe the guy is ready.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone asked about Luke Tindler at Hickory as I also noticed he was off to a quick start. He played college ball at North Carolina A&T and was a 29th round pick. Last year at short season Spokane in 256 ABs hit 316 with 18 2bs and 11 HRs with OBP and SLG of 390/531. This year in first 4 games had 2 2bs and 2 HRs hitting 400. Plays mostly RF.
That was me asking about him. I noticed Jamey Newberg had him rated 59th on his Rangers prospect list at the beginning of the year. Seems like he may be playing above that ranking last year and this year to me.