• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Horrid Halos Head to Hollandless Texas

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So start putting asses on pine. Starting with Elvis and Martin.

I just absolutely love Elvis and have been his ultimate backer since he arrived in Arlington but I really wonder if what we've seen from Elvis is the best he'll ever be. Wonder if Wash screwed him up or if he just is what he is regardless.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather bring up some hungry people who will listen than watch Elvis and Leo pound dirt every AB.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just absolutely love Elvis and have been his ultimate backer since he arrived in Arlington but I really wonder if what we've seen from Elvis is the best he'll ever be. Wonder if Wash screwed him up or if he just is what he is regardless.
If that is the best we will ever see, then man he really fooled lots of people. He was never going to be Jose Reyes, but damn he had the ability to be a lesser version.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennie....it's way too early to be extrapolating a seasons pace, don't ya think?
Sure, it isn't going to be 69 total. We have had a lack of power before this season though. Overall I think we are severely lacking in the power department. You are right that we won't have real proof until a few weeks from now, but it is alarming even this early to me based on our past problems with the same thing.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennie....it's way too early to be extrapolating a seasons pace, don't ya think?
There doesn't seem to be too much problem with folks giving up on Elvis' season after 7 games.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dumbassery starts on ESPN already. Blaming Banny for the loss yesterday because he didn't try to bunt with 2 outs...I don't understand how someone that dumb has the necessary brain function that reminds their lungs to breathe.

Apparently Tim Bogar would have won that game because he commanded respect from the team and finished the season with a winning record. I thought people hated when Wash bunted? But now it's okay to bunt?!?!

I honestly cannot think of a situation where I would have wanted anyone to bunt yesterday for play for a run. If you can think of one please tell me.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dumbassery starts on ESPN already. Blaming Banny for the loss yesterday because he didn't try to bunt with 2 outs...I don't understand how someone that dumb has the necessary brain function that reminds their lungs to breathe.

Apparently Tim Bogar would have won that game because he commanded respect from the team and finished the season with a winning record. I thought people hated when Wash bunted? But now it's okay to bunt?!?!

I honestly cannot think of a situation where I would have wanted anyone to bunt yesterday for play for a run. If you can think of one please tell me.
It is giving up an out and I would only want it done in rare circumstances. I don't even like giving up strikes, much less outs.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There doesn't seem to be too much problem with folks giving up on Elvis' season after 7 games.

Bad comparison Bennie. EA sucked last year, and has started this season even worse. Lot's of track record here.

And for whatever it's worth, I wondered loud and long where the runs were gonna come from all last off season. Stated so here OFTEN.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad comparison Bennie. EA sucked last year, and has started this season even worse. Lot's of track record here.
That is kind of what I said about the power numbers though. It has been a problem in the past.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is giving up an out and I would only want it done in rare circumstances.
I would do it in a tie game with 1 out in the 9th and a man on third and second and with a guy who knows how to bunt really well up at the plate. That is about the only time I would try. They would probably expect that though.

There might be some other times when they don't expect it that it's worth a gamble, but for the most part I am against giving up outs.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far the first week has had all 5 teams beating each other up. No team above .500, and last place is only 1 game back of first place. If the offense could just get their heads out of their asses, they might be able to get through this slog of a first half in OK shape.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Breathing is an involuntary function and doesn't require the brain to function. Think that's right anyway.

Honestly, I don't hate the bunt, per-se. But I don't recall anywhere, at any point yesterday where a bunt was in order.

This is the reason we all left that God-forsaken site, remember?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breathing is an involuntary function and doesn't require the brain to function. Think that's right anyway.

Honestly, I don't hate the bunt, per-se. But I don't recall anywhere, at any point yesterday where a bunt was in order.

This is the reason we all left that God-forsaken site, remember?

I just cannot help but wonder if there are people worth helping there that might want to talk baseball, but not with baseball illiterates. So I check from time to time.

And, yes breathing might be involuntary, but your brain does control it. If you are brain dead and on life support you would be hooked up to a respirator. The lungs won't work without being told what to do by the brain stem.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just cannot help but wonder if there are people worth helping there that might want to talk baseball, but not with baseball illiterates. So I check from time to time.

And, yes breathing might be involuntary, but your brain does control it. If you are brain dead and on life support you would be hooked up to a respirator. The lungs won't work without being told what to do by the brain stem.
They originally ran folks off with the Facebook requirement a couple of seasons ago. Then they ran even more folks off by not having any articles for weeks. Now they have changed their comments and format again. I don't think they really want folks to visit there any longer it seems. The bad comments used to be harder to spot because they were few percentage wise, but now one stands out like a sore thumb.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see MY as hitting coach. I do not know how successful he would be but would like to see. He saw quite a few pitches and was good at fouling them off to stay alive. And had a good approach with 2 strikes. I know a hitting coach cannot make guys get base hits but they can change their approach. The difference for Gallardo against Oakland and Houston showed us that. Gallardo threw some good breaking balls that most guys would offer at but Oakland laid off of them whereas Houston swung and missed at many. And to be honest the breaking pitches against Oakland looked like better pitches to me than what he threw against Houston.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing. Martin is probably our best OFer but do you think he makes a catch like Springer made? I doubt it. My feeling he would run and jump feet first off of the wall and blindly stick his glove up there and hope something happens without really seeing the ball. I am not trying to pick on Martin but we just lack the big plays capabilities in the OF other than strong arms.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If we're not seeing improvement from the hitters by June, I say Mags goes.

Am not willing to give him half the season to show results. In my book he (and his sidekick Bobby Jones) have until end of April. They don't need to have the entire batting order over .300BA and .380 OBP ... but we need to see improvement by Andrus, Martin, Odor and Smolinski. Especially the first two.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am not willing to give him half the season to show results. In my book he (and his sidekick Bobby Jones) have until end of April. They don't need to have the entire batting order over .300BA and .380 OBP ... but we need to see improvement by Andrus, Martin, Odor and Smolinski. Especially the first two.
Odor and Smolinski have at least shown the ability to take walks.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't see blaming Magadan for the lack of offense. He cannot take the at bats for the players. Unless you think just changing the voice will work, I think it's the people hearing the words and not listening to what is being said over the one saying them.

Execution is the player's job ... but the strategy of the AB and situation hitting have to improve. Cant have the guys tied up with a dozen things to think about ... which is why TEX needs to put MY in charge.