• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Honest Question For Cavs Fans and Lebroniacs

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So fans are jealous their team doesnt have Lebron? :noidea:

To be honest, I am. I don't like him, but Lebron on the Lakers would make them contenders pretty much instantly, so I'd want him on the team and I'd root for him as long as he remained a Laker.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, there is a great deal of evidence to suggest that the Finals would probably have been different with Love and certainly Irving healthy in conjunction with Mozgov and LeBron but that has been hashed out pretty well on other threads. That stated, I really believe if the Cavs re-tool with some quality younger talent, get deeper on their bench, keep the four I mentioned, and they stay healthy, there is no real reason why LeBron can't return to the finals and perhaps win it all again.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron didn't have a father growing up, while Kobe & Jordan did. I think it reflects on their character as people. The greater the role model some one, the less insecure their fans are.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, I'm not saying all people without fathers are scum, but it takes a real strong mother to compensate for the absence of a father figure. Lebron's mom was not that type of mother.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't speak for anybody else, but I think LeBron is one of the most physically talented players ever to lace up, but I don't consider him to be one of the "greats" and I doubt that will change. The championship-chasing mentality demonstrates he is just a different breed of player compared to Jordan or Kobe. While I think "The Decision" was handled about as poorly as possible, I'm still willing to give him a pass for leaving the first time because at the time it seemed pretty clear that the window licking retard owner was never going to put a winning team around him if he stayed. So I get why he left. And when he did, the Heat was just as good as any place so I was really fine with "the decision" even if "The Decision" was a huge clusterfuck.

But I don't like LeBron because he seems to think he deserves to be mentioned in the same breathe as the greatest players of all time without actually accomplishing what the greats have done. If you want to know the difference between LeBron and Jordan, check out this little piece of irony:

cMUO8Sv.jpg

The funny thing about this is that it's true. LeBron isn't mad. He's content to wait until Kyrie is healthy again, and Love and Blatt get tossed aside for guys he likes better. Jordan and Kobe weren't content with what they had, ever. They weren't happy with all of their awards. They wanted all the awards. All of the trophies. All of the championships. If it was MJ, he would personally destroy the league next year just to prove a point. Instead LeBron is going to start the revolving door of all-stars until he finds a combo that works, and probably get his coach fired too. And if it doesn't work out in Cleveland in a few years, he'll leave again and try and build his legacy elsewhere.

As amazingly talented as LeBron is, he's just as much of a cancer. He's poison to whatever team he plays on. I think that's mostly because he wants to have absolute control over pretty much everything. He doesn't just want to be the best player, he wants to be the de facto coach and GM. Say what you will about Kobe and Jordan but I don't think there was ever any doubt that Phil Jackson was running the show. I don't have an issue with LeBron having some say in who the coach is somewhere, but I do have an issue with the fact that it appears he just wants to have some moe on the sidelines that he can run all over.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can tell you first hand that the great majority of Cavs fans in Cleveland HATED Lebron when he left then of course LOVED him upon his return. Biggest group of hypocritical bandwagon fans in the NBA.

They need others to love Lebron too to help justify their own bandwagon.

LUNCHBOX

LOGIC
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Had he stayed in Cleveland this entire time, even if he never won a title he would be up there with the greats. Malone, Stockton, Miller, Payton never won titles but are listed as legends.

AND if he ever did win a title with Cleveland, my goodness, the legacy that would create.

but alas, he threw all of that away with "The Decision"

Payton won one in 2006 with the heat me thinks

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
winners are on the court killers. larry bird was an assassin (and yes, hes 3-2 in finals). MJ would kill his own father to win something, and many say he did.

kobe was a killer in his prime.

i also put reggie miller there...that dude was as cold blooded as they came.

lebron is lebron. top 10 all timer, a fantastic freakish player...he had kevin willis' body at 18.

but he has no serial killer in him.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can tell you first hand that the great majority of Cavs fans in Cleveland HATED Lebron when he left then of course LOVED him upon his return. Biggest group of hypocritical bandwagon fans in the NBA.

They need others to love Lebron too to help justify their own bandwagon.

could be you're onto something...

why else would they care...?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't speak for anybody else, but I think LeBron is one of the most physically talented players ever to lace up, but I don't consider him to be one of the "greats" and I doubt that will change. The championship-chasing mentality demonstrates he is just a different breed of player compared to Jordan or Kobe. While I think "The Decision" was handled about as poorly as possible, I'm still willing to give him a pass for leaving the first time because at the time it seemed pretty clear that the window licking retard owner was never going to put a winning team around him if he stayed. So I get why he left. And when he did, the Heat was just as good as any place so I was really fine with "the decision" even if "The Decision" was a huge clusterfuck.

But I don't like LeBron because he seems to think he deserves to be mentioned in the same breathe as the greatest players of all time without actually accomplishing what the greats have done. If you want to know the difference between LeBron and Jordan, check out this little piece of irony:

cMUO8Sv.jpg

The funny thing about this is that it's true. LeBron isn't mad. He's content to wait until Kyrie is healthy again, and Love and Blatt get tossed aside for guys he likes better. Jordan and Kobe weren't content with what they had, ever. They weren't happy with all of their awards. They wanted all the awards. All of the trophies. All of the championships. If it was MJ, he would personally destroy the league next year just to prove a point. Instead LeBron is going to start the revolving door of all-stars until he finds a combo that works, and probably get his coach fired too. And if it doesn't work out in Cleveland in a few years, he'll leave again and try and build his legacy elsewhere.

As amazingly talented as LeBron is, he's just as much of a cancer. He's poison to whatever team he plays on. I think that's mostly because he wants to have absolute control over pretty much everything. He doesn't just want to be the best player, he wants to be the de facto coach and GM. Say what you will about Kobe and Jordan but I don't think there was ever any doubt that Phil Jackson was running the show. I don't have an issue with LeBron having some say in who the coach is somewhere, but I do have an issue with the fact that it appears he just wants to have some moe on the sidelines that he can run all over.

Well guess what, Lebron was stuck with a shit team around him for 8 years and he had to carry him. That wears a player down physically, emotionally, and even mentally. MJ had great players around him in college and once Pippen came along he always had a wingman and then players around him. Time has proven that you cant win by yourself and Lebron has been the closest one in our history of actually pulling it off. And as far as desire, he has the desire trust me, but he got sick and tired of doing everything for the team while still being a great teammate and coming up short. I was do something drastic if I felt the same way, it was probably very frustrating. And you mentioned Phil, Lebron never had a great or even good coach over him. If he had a guy like Phil I think it would of been the best thing for him.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well guess what, Lebron was stuck with a shit team around him for 8 years and he had to carry him. That wears a player down physically, emotionally, and even mentally. MJ had great players around him in college and once Pippen came along he always had a wingman and then players around him. Time has proven that you cant win by yourself and Lebron has been the closest one in our history of actually pulling it off. And as far as desire, he has the desire trust me, but he got sick and tired of doing everything for the team while still being a great teammate and coming up short. I was do something drastic if I felt the same way, it was probably very frustrating. And you mentioned Phil, Lebron never had a great or even good coach over him. If he had a guy like Phil I think it would of been the best thing for him.

:lol:

Premise of the thread is why do Cavs fans and Lebroniacs want everyone to like Lebron and why they feel they have to defend him against every criticism?

Cavs fans shows up and defends him against a criticism.

It's like they're some kind of a cult or something.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are mistaking 'wanting to contribute to a conversation' with 'wanting everyone to like him'.

Why do we discuss anything at all on the hoop? Because we want to change everyone's mind and have them believe the same as us? No. I would hope not. That - for the most part - doesn't happen on message boards.

Its because we have an opinion on the matter and want to jump into the discussion.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get irritated with what I am gonna call the "narrative criticism". The whole 2-4 things, the not "clutch" thing. The clutch thing has been debunked numerous times. while the 2-4 thing is an undeniable fact and one that doesn't help his case, I think context is important. I don't think any player in LeBron's spot would've won in 2007 or this year. And I doubt last year. There is substantial evidence that shows LeBron has had some of the worst finals supporting casts ever, but that always gets dismissed.

I think its ridiculous that somehow making a finals and losing is worse than losing in the first or second round. I know the east is weak and contributes to him getting to 5 straight, but if you say "he only got to 5 straight finals cuz they play in the east they wouldn't have made it in the west so I'm not impressed" and then also say "LeBron lost in the finals again, he sucks" thats pretty ass backwards logic. If one says this they are admitting his team shouldn't have been there in the first place, and then absolutely crushing him when what we all thought/knew comes to pass.

In this finals, people point to his volume scoring and ball-handling, but all evidence shows that when he wasn't doing that, the cavs offense sunk to historically, epicly, bad levels.

There is a lot of stuff to criticize LeBron for, Dallas, foot-in-mouth disease. I honestly hate/cringe every time the guy talks. But I think he is easily one of the best player's I've seen and an incredible basketball player. Overall, I just like to see criticism that is logical or can be backed up with evidence. The just throwing nonsense out, having it debunked and still just sticking to your preconceived notion gets annoying. Probably annoys me more than it should, but for the record, the bolded is something that annoys me (its a major pet peeve) in all debates, not just the LeBron debate.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay to answer the OP, I got this...

It starts with media, they exalt this cat like no other.

He can do no wrong, a papal infallible of sorts for those who 'believe' in LeBron. This media confirmation collaborates this belief of extreme righteousness for LBJ believers & for others to cast any doubt or nay say in any way, it then becomes a crusade to enlighten the 'ignorant'. :lol:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

Premise of the thread is why do Cavs fans and Lebroniacs want everyone to like Lebron and why they feel they have to defend him against every criticism?

Cavs fans shows up and defends him against a criticism.

It's like they're some kind of a cult or something.

Just giving my take on it. It's the same as other fans making a ton of threads about Lebron...hmm interesting.
I havent made one thread about Lebron. I just give my opinion on peoples' thoughts, yet I am the one obsessed lol. Good one.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are mistaking 'wanting to contribute to a conversation' with 'wanting everyone to like him'.

Why do we discuss anything at all on the hoop? Because we want to change everyone's mind and have them believe the same as us? No. I would hope not. That - for the most part - doesn't happen on message boards.

Its because we have an opinion on the matter and want to jump into the discussion.

Yes, but the opinion is ALWAYS "pro-Lebron." Why is it that no criticism of him is acceptable or able to go unanswered?

It's like clockwork, any post that criticizes Lebron, no matter how valid the criticism may be, and Cavs fans and Lebroniacs are on it within minutes to excuse, defend and/or call people haters.

It could be revealed that Lebron has been a serial killer all of this time and you guys would say he was just doing his part to ease overpopulation.