• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Honest question about Pelini

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing to NW this year would not be a Bofart game. Plus I would like to say Michigan St considering their defense but I just don't see how they are going to score unless they have a hidden gem on that side of the ball.

I guess that leaves Illinois or Iowa then.

Would a 6 turnover, penalty laden game suprise you?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 turnovers might but penalties sure as shit wouldn't.

Don't forget about Penn St.

Had them in my first list of games NU eeked by last season. Is it truly a Bofart if it's an away game?

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 turnovers in that Iowa St game!!!

Good point on the away games. Which is weird to say now because early he seemed to get his team to play better on the road than at home. That is not the case anymore.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, the old 'more turnovers than points' game. :L

Christ.... how many times did we fumble inside the 10 yard line?

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First: Frank coached at Lincoln Southeast and left when he was hired to coach the Husker freshman team.

Second: Frank was fired after winning the last game of the regular season, in which the Huskers were 9-3. His team finished with a win in their bowl game under interim HC Pelini, and a 10-3 record.

Third: Frankie loves his beers...
-------
Tom if these are the facts you mentioned they don't disprove anything I've said. You want to believe Frank was as good of a coach as TO then fine, you're choice but by the year Crouch was a senior and we got smeared by Colorado & Miami--he had finally proven to the world what a lack of offensive co-ordinator he really was--two yards and a cloud of dust almost always straight up the middle. That worked except for teams we played that had a defense. His overall record even at a mid-level college like Ohio is no better than what he accomplished at Nebraska after he lost all of TO's recruits when he was at Nebraska.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First: Frank coached at Lincoln Southeast and left when he was hired to coach the Husker freshman team.

Second: Frank was fired after winning the last game of the regular season, in which the Huskers were 9-3. His team finished with a win in their bowl game under interim HC Pelini, and a 10-3 record.

Third: Frankie loves his beers...
-------
Tom if these are the facts you mentioned they don't disprove anything I've said. You want to believe Frank was as good of a coach as TO then fine, you're choice but by the year Crouch was a senior and we got smeared by Colorado & Miami--he had finally proven to the world what a lack of offensive co-ordinator he really was--two yards and a cloud of dust almost always straight up the middle. That worked except for teams we played that had a defense. His overall record even at a mid-level college like Ohio is no better than what he accomplished at Nebraska after he lost all of TO's recruits when he was at Nebraska.

Dude, really, stop posting. First, I never made any such claim. I was merely pointing out that you are an idiot. Second, Crouch won the Heisman his senior year. That is not done with "two yards and a cloud of dust, offenses." I do believe, and correct me if I am wrong, that it was the defense that gave up all them points. The offense scored 36 against Colorado. Against Miami it was 14 points (albeit the game was over by then.)
Frank was an adequate coach. That is all. I never disputed that. I am disputing your lack of knowledge about Nebraska football and your recent propensity to post ridiculous shit like you did here.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went down to tailgate with the pops and the rest of our big original group on Father's Day. That is it. I will firmly admit that I am a stubborn ass when it comes to all of that disgrace that happened by building a stadium on lies and deception just to line the pockets of the corrupt mayor and his rich buddies.

Yeah everyone I have talked to says they really don't like the new stadium. Says its just a big cluster fuck. And I agree with you about the corrupt mayor part. It would be fun to go up and tailgate I've never been to the CWS

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, really, stop posting. First, I never made any such claim. I was merely pointing out that you are an idiot.
-------
Fine you never made the claim and I'm an idiot because you cannot refute what I've said----got it. I know the stats from the 2001 year for ALL our rushers and yet in the two crucial games Frank showed NO crreativity in changing offensive strategy once Crouch got boxed in and stopped.
Plus look at what transpired and compare it to the '95 team. In '95 we dominted to the point I'm not surle we nedded a defense. True we had a good one, but our offense at the timeliterally beat and wore down defenses.

Yes Crouch won the Heisman and yet had the team been that good offensively, we would not have gotten whipped by Colorado & Miami. They knew what to do---stop crouch because the rest of our offense was three yeards and acloud of dust. PLUS we didn't have th defensive players as in '95 AND we didn't have the OL in 2001 to wear down a defense. Crouch wan't the be all that good old Frank made him out to be.
-------
And Frank didn't have the talent on defense to get done wht TO did. Why? Other than Crouch our offense was two yards and a cloud of dust. And like Frank was his own OC----HUGE mistake.

I do believe, and correct me if I am wrong, that it was the defense that gave up all them points. The offense scored 36 against Colorado. Against Miami it was 14 points (albeit the game was over by then.)

Basically that's been my whole point. At the time we didn't have an offense that could wear opponenets down and we had by then nominal talent on defense and it all was Franks fault. By the year 2001 he could have had the same type of team (built around Crouch) to be as dominant as the the TO team of '95. But Frankie couldn't recruit and Nor by then he couldn't coach.

And that is why you don't care to believe any of the otheer dirt I've thrown out about him that got him fired.....Everything I've said andthe fact that his wife was living in Omaha when he was HC.....Hmmmm wonder why.

But let's bygones be bygones and forget about who is telling the truth about Frankie the whole premise of this thread is wheth Bo is the right coach. Bo is entering his 6th year and many hear are still claiming he's rebuilding. Rebuilding what? If you have'nt convinced players by your third year that you know what to do and get them to buy into your porgram you need to go. Alabama, Tenn, Michigan, Florida ND, and many others haven't tolerated anymore than 4 nyears at best to rebuild. Yet here we are completely happy with Bo trying to still rebuild this program going into his sixth year. And our only positive mantra is "we'll win more because we have more favorable (as in weaker schedule)". Don't think it's gonna work.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah everyone I have talked to says they really don't like the new stadium. Says its just a big cluster fuck. And I agree with you about the corrupt mayor part. It would be fun to go up and tailgate I've never been to the CWS

Well it would be dumb to say the new stadium is bad. It is a gorgeous facility. But it is just plain and cookie cutter. Nothing special that stands out about the place.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, really, stop posting. First, I never made any such claim. I was merely pointing out that you are an idiot.
-------
Fine you never made the claim and I'm an idiot because you cannot refute what I've said----got it. I know the stats from the 2001 year for ALL our rushers and yet in the two crucial games Frank showed NO crreativity in changing offensive strategy once Crouch got boxed in and stopped.
Plus look at what transpired and compare it to the '95 team. In '95 we dominted to the point I'm not surle we nedded a defense. True we had a good one, but our offense at the timeliterally beat and wore down defenses.

Yes Crouch won the Heisman and yet had the team been that good offensively, we would not have gotten whipped by Colorado & Miami. They knew what to do---stop crouch because the rest of our offense was three yeards and acloud of dust. PLUS we didn't have th defensive players as in '95 AND we didn't have the OL in 2001 to wear down a defense. Crouch wan't the be all that good old Frank made him out to be.
-------
And Frank didn't have the talent on defense to get done wht TO did. Why? Other than Crouch our offense was two yards and a cloud of dust. And like Frank was his own OC----HUGE mistake.

I do believe, and correct me if I am wrong, that it was the defense that gave up all them points. The offense scored 36 against Colorado. Against Miami it was 14 points (albeit the game was over by then.)

Basically that's been my whole point. At the time we didn't have an offense that could wear opponenets down and we had by then nominal talent on defense and it all was Franks fault. By the year 2001 he could have had the same type of team (built around Crouch) to be as dominant as the the TO team of '95. But Frankie couldn't recruit and Nor by then he couldn't coach.

And that is why you don't care to believe any of the otheer dirt I've thrown out about him that got him fired.....Everything I've said andthe fact that his wife was living in Omaha when he was HC.....Hmmmm wonder why.

But let's bygones be bygones and forget about who is telling the truth about Frankie the whole premise of this thread is wheth Bo is the right coach. Bo is entering his 6th year and many hear are still claiming he's rebuilding. Rebuilding what? If you have'nt convinced players by your third year that you know what to do and get them to buy into your porgram you need to go. Alabama, Tenn, Michigan, Florida ND, and many others haven't tolerated anymore than 4 nyears at best to rebuild. Yet here we are completely happy with Bo trying to still rebuild this program going into his sixth year. And our only positive mantra is "we'll win more because we have more favorable (as in weaker schedule)". Don't think it's gonna work.

Is this idiot still talking?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Now he's trying to figure out the quote button.