• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Honest question about Pelini

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What teams do you see giving y'all trouble in the future?! Ucla Stanford zona?

most certainly UCLA. I think Stanford slowly declines, especially if and when Shaw goes to the NFL. Maybe Arizona as they always have played us tough, now they are trying to get similar players to us.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I will try to explain, Frank was fired after playing in a national championship game and winning atleast 9 games a years except for a 7-7 season. The other would be Bo who has won atleast 9 games a year in his 5 years he has been here.

As far as the options being endless as to what coach we would be able to land. Nobody was kicking down the doors to get here after Frank or Bo was let go the first time why would this assumed next time be any different. You think the only diffence between now and 10 years ago is money? I honestly dont know where to start with that so I am going to let it go.

And you think that a "Truly great coach" is going to go to a place like Nebraska where it is hard to recruit According to you, to expand his legacy?

You are right I dont get where you logic
-------
And did Frank ever win a conference championship? No. You forget two other reasons he got dumped his record not withstanding. It was common knowledge that he was a womanizer and haad a drinking problem (witness that 7-7 year).

Bo hasn't gotten us a BCS game nor a CC. Nor has his final rankings been anywhere comparable to what Solich had during his tenure. If you cannot win big games on occasion, you don't get better recruits and never a BCS game.

We've been in two different conferences under Bo's tenure and the number of quality wins wouldn't fill one hand. However the number of lopsided losses continues to grow. Those 9 or 10 wins a year really are nothing to be proud of.

As I have previously said the rank and file fans won't be happy with that number of wins with nothing to show for it. Nor is being ranked 15-20 at the end of the year.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
And did Frank ever win a conference championship? No. You forget two other reasons he got dumped his record not withstanding. It was common knowledge that he was a womanizer and haad a drinking problem (witness that 7-7 year).

Bo hasn't gotten us a BCS game nor a CC. Nor has his final rankings been anywhere comparable to what Solich had during his tenure. If you cannot win big games on occasion, you don't get better recruits and never a BCS game.

We've been in two different conferences under Bo's tenure and the number of quality wins wouldn't fill one hand. However the number of lopsided losses continues to grow. Those 9 or 10 wins a year really are nothing to be proud of.

As I have previously said the rank and file fans won't be happy with that number of wins with nothing to show for it. Nor is being ranked 15-20 at the end of the year.

Really? Frank never won a conference title?

The one and only reason he got fired was because of a personal agenda from the AD.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Money wise, yes we could get any coach and any assistant coach we wanted and be able to pay them. But the tight asses that run that place would never do it.

Plus, a "big boy" coach is not coming to Lincoln, NE!!!

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Money wise, yes we could get any coach and any assistant coach we wanted and be able to pay them. But the tight asses that run that place would never do it.

You mean the tight asses that just dropped 65 million on stadium expansion? Yeah I dunno about that one.

Tim Miles just awarded a top tier assistant from an elite school with a 230k starting salary.

Nebraska's not afraid to dish out the money. The Nick Sabans of the CFB world won't take any amount of money to come here when they can go to Bama or LSU and have 5 star recruits knocking down their front door every day.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Frank never won a conference title?

The one and only reason he got fired was because of a personal agenda from the AD.

Was thinking the same thing. Makes me wonder if I really did witness the Huskers only win over Texas down in San Antonio in 1999. Which means that I never really saw that smokin' hot drunken Longhorn co-ed flip off our section through the entire third quarter. Man she was hot..... or was she?

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the tight asses that just dropped 65 million on stadium expansion? Yeah I dunno about that one.

Tim Miles just awarded a top tier assistant from an elite school with a 230k starting salary.

Nebraska's not afraid to dish out the money. The Nick Sabans of the CFB world won't take any amount of money to come here when they can go to Bama or LSU and have 5 star recruits knocking down their front door every day.

No, I mean the inexperienced coaches that we hire on the cheap when we actually have the money. But then again, the tight ass I was referencing is not in charge down their anymore. So maybe this new guy will shell out the cash the next time we need to make a hire.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was thinking the same thing. Makes me wonder if I really did witness the Huskers only win over Texas down in San Antonio in 1999. Which means that I never really saw that smokin' hot drunken Longhorn co-ed flip off our section through the entire third quarter. Man she was hot..... or was she?

These are not the droids you are looking for

bigred472

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-------
And nobody knows who we might get. In the meantime we grovel in mediocrity and our only claim to fame is our 9 or ten wins a year. NO conference championships and no BCS games (a dozen years and counting). And we haven't seen a BCS bowl game in a dozen years as well.

I do not believe it was blind luck that we were so good once Devaney came to town. We just need to find the right coach to do that again. IMO Bo ain't that guy as there has been very little iimprovement with the team under his stewardship.

BTW Frank got fired from a Lincoln high school as HC because he was boinking one of the students. Not shortly after he got to Ohio, he was found passed out at the wheel of his car (and I believe it was idling). His history is rife with indiscretions. True, he was let go after his 7-7 season but guess what? That was the first year he was dealing with his recruits alone. The writing was on the wall. It's hard to recruit when you're hungover most of the time.

If we are going to lose 3-4 games per year at least make them close losses. For the most part, Bo has failed with that as well.

bigred472

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
I stand corrected Frankie won one divisionsl title and the conference championship in the same year.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
And nobody knows who we might get. In the meantime we grovel in mediocrity and our only claim to fame is our 9 or ten wins a year. NO conference championships and no BCS games (a dozen years and counting). And we haven't seen a BCS bowl game in a dozen years as well.

I do not believe it was blind luck that we were so good once Devaney came to town. We just need to find the right coach to do that again. IMO Bo ain't that guy as there has been very little iimprovement with the team under his stewardship.

BTW Frank got fired from a Lincoln high school as HC because he was boinking one of the students. Not shortly after he got to Ohio, he was found passed out at the wheel of his car (and I believe it was idling). His history is rife with indiscretions. True, he was let go after his 7-7 season but guess what? That was the first year he was dealing with his recruits alone. The writing was on the wall. It's hard to recruit when you're hungover most of the time.

If we are going to lose 3-4 games per year at least make them close losses. For the most part, Bo has failed with that as well.

First: Frank coached at Lincoln Southeast and left when he was hired to coach the Husker freshman team.

Second: Frank was fired after winning the last game of the regular season, in which the Huskers were 9-3. His team finished with a win in their bowl game under interim HC Pelini, and a 10-3 record.

Third: Frankie loves his beers......:suds:

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Bigred472 stop acting like you know everything man. It seems to back fire on you and you come off like a tool.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------

Are you really this dumb? You make Brasky look like a genius and he pulls shit out of his ass all the time. You make him look like an honest and reliable person.

To disparage a guy that I am going to guess by your comments you don't know personally is kind of sad. Yeah, Devaney was a sober angel!!!

Hell no no one knows who we would get because it is an impossible question. The only thing us average Joe fan can do is say who we would like to have in a dream situation. But it doesn't matter what we want. We have to deal with and settle for what we have.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First: Frank coached at Lincoln Southeast and left when he was hired to coach the Husker freshman team.

Second: Frank was fired after winning the last game of the regular season, in which the Huskers were 9-3. His team finished with a win in their bowl game under interim HC Pelini, and a 10-3 record.

Third: Frankie loves his beers......:suds:

Facts? How dare you Tom!!!!!

bigred472

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To disparage a guy that I am going to guess by your comments you don't know personally is kind of sad. Yeah, Devaney was a sober angel!!!
-------
Deavaney was no angel but a couple of thins--A..most of his philandeering was pretty much kept quiet PLUS he had coaches that worked with and sometimes covered up for him. Not so with Frank. He got the job despite his shortcomeings because TO did one of the few stupid things in his career which was to annoit FS as his heir apparent.

And know I don't know everything as I did admit I had forgotten about FS winning the Conference. What I have had access to since the late '90s is someone that works in the ADs office (since the days of Byrne), and have gotten an earful about certain aspects/people in the program. Praise Frank all you want but by the time he was let go (despite his last years record) his bad traits outweighed his good....period. Between him and Callahan so many long standing records we had going were shot down the tubes neither coach is defensible IMO.

I just don't get the idea of wanting or being happy with the type of mediocrity we are dealing with right now.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing is more factual than third hand office gossip.... its what this country has come to be built on.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing is more factual than third hand office gossip.... its what this country has come to be built on.

And from a guy that proved that he had no clue what he was talking about multiple times.

Was it Roger Clemens or Andy Pettite that said they "misremembered"? They were full of shit too.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And from a guy that proved that he had no clue what he was talking about multiple times.

Was it Roger Clemens or Andy Pettite that said they "misremembered"? They were full of shit too.
I knew a guy that once took a piss in the bathroom closest to the NC Trophies case.

Hmm.... I can't misremember at the moment.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually know Coach Solich but you don't see me chiming in about inside gossip. At least that isn't 3rd hand office gossip.

Bigred472, and anyone else can believe what ever they would like about the man.

Btw Bigred472, I am on your side about Bo.