• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Honest question about Pelini

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, really, stop posting. First, I never made any such claim. I was merely pointing out that you are an idiot.
-------
Fine you never made the claim and I'm an idiot because you cannot refute what I've said----got it. I know the stats from the 2001 year for ALL our rushers and yet in the two crucial games Frank showed NO crreativity in changing offensive strategy once Crouch got boxed in and stopped.
Plus look at what transpired and compare it to the '95 team. In '95 we dominted to the point I'm not surle we nedded a defense. True we had a good one, but our offense at the timeliterally beat and wore down defenses.

Yes Crouch won the Heisman and yet had the team been that good offensively, we would not have gotten whipped by Colorado & Miami. They knew what to do---stop crouch because the rest of our offense was three yeards and acloud of dust. PLUS we didn't have th defensive players as in '95 AND we didn't have the OL in 2001 to wear down a defense. Crouch wan't the be all that good old Frank made him out to be.
-------
And Frank didn't have the talent on defense to get done wht TO did. Why? Other than Crouch our offense was two yards and a cloud of dust. And like Frank was his own OC----HUGE mistake.

I do believe, and correct me if I am wrong, that it was the defense that gave up all them points. The offense scored 36 against Colorado. Against Miami it was 14 points (albeit the game was over by then.)

Basically that's been my whole point. At the time we didn't have an offense that could wear opponenets down and we had by then nominal talent on defense and it all was Franks fault. By the year 2001 he could have had the same type of team (built around Crouch) to be as dominant as the the TO team of '95. But Frankie couldn't recruit and Nor by then he couldn't coach.

And that is why you don't care to believe any of the otheer dirt I've thrown out about him that got him fired.....Everything I've said andthe fact that his wife was living in Omaha when he was HC.....Hmmmm wonder why.

But let's bygones be bygones and forget about who is telling the truth about Frankie the whole premise of this thread is wheth Bo is the right coach. Bo is entering his 6th year and many hear are still claiming he's rebuilding. Rebuilding what? If you have'nt convinced players by your third year that you know what to do and get them to buy into your porgram you need to go. Alabama, Tenn, Michigan, Florida ND, and many others haven't tolerated anymore than 4 nyears at best to rebuild. Yet here we are completely happy with Bo trying to still rebuild this program going into his sixth year. And our only positive mantra is "we'll win more because we have more favorable (as in weaker schedule)". Don't think it's gonna work.

Is this idiot still talking?

Don't know. TL,DR

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TL/DR= Too long/didn't read (that is a guess)

Anyway, just a quick thing. So according to the brain trust that rambles, Solich hadn't done anything at Ohio. He took over a program at Ohio that had only won 8 games or more 4 times since 1960 and a hasn't been to a bowl since 1968. He has been there 8 years and won 8 or more games 5 times, been to 5 bowl games and they only have 2 bowl wins EVER and those were the last 2 years. Yep, he hasn't done anything over there!!! So he hasn't won a national title, HE IS AT OHIO!!!!! Nick Saban couldn't win a national title at Ohio.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh RA you brighten my world with your clever quips

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I have to be the one to prove the ignorance again.

So in 2001 we were "2 yards and a cloud of dust and good defenses just boxed in Crouch and stopped us.

Forget that Crouch won the Heisman that same year.

How in the world did we lead the country in rushin with 314 rushing yards per game? 33 yards more that the second team. We had to have rushed the ball thousands of times that year to accumulate such yardage right? Nope, we also led the country in yards per attempt at 5.62. How did we finish 12th in total offense? Not in the conference (we were first in the conference) but in the country. How did we finish 7th in scoring offense?

What about that terrible defense that had no more talent? 22nd in rush D, 8th in total D, 6th in scoring D, 9th in pass D, 2nd in pass efficiency D. Those are all national rankings not conference rankings.

We faced 8 top 50 defenses that year and went 6-2 against them.
We faced 5 top 30 defenses that year and went 4-1 against them.
We faced 3 top 10 defenses that year and went 2-1 against them.

Yeah, they were awful!!!! Obvious signs of problems!!!!

And stop talking about the Miami game. You are talking about one of the 2-3 greatest teams of all time!!!!! Few teams ever could compete with them.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did solich get brought up?

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By a hard working family in Cleveland, OH

Is that what you were looking for? :yo:

Hahaha

I read that and I was like what then I paused and haha touché

Naw I just saw bigred novel and I was like damn must be a heated debate.

Then I saw solich I was like what ?

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this idiot still talking?
-------
Sorry but the real idiot is you because you offer no responses. It's one thing to be a smug know it all but when you cannot nor choose to make any effort to defend your positions, then the real idiot is you. you're snarky and smug but you don't have the brains to debate your own position...you and your drinking buddies think...oh wait my bad you don't think, you have and know all the answers about Nebraska and yet you cannot denfend on thing.

Here's the thing about internet bullies like you most of us grew up and stopped playing "king of the hill" when we were about ten years old-----not you because that's the only thing you have going for you.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And I thought my lonely Friday night was going to be boring.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
Sorry but the real idiot is you because you offer no responses. It's one thing to be a smug know it all but when you cannot nor choose to make any effort to defend your positions, then the real idiot is you. you're snarky and smug but you don't have the brains to debate your own position...you and your drinking buddies think...oh wait my bad you don't think, you have and know all the answers about Nebraska and yet you cannot denfend on thing.

Here's the thing about internet bullies like you most of us grew up and stopped playing "king of the hill" when we were about ten years old-----not you because that's the only thing you have going for you.

What the fuck? Hahaha, you are the best!!!!

I did defend my point against your idiotic statements. Maybe if you would write in such a cluster fuck then it would be easier to understand that.

I never played king of the hill so don't get the analogy. But then again I don't understand most of your inane gibberish so I am used to it.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jed hates the huskers. But he does like to fuck all of our moms. I, for one, hope my mom enjoyed it.

Last edited by a moderator:

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't sleep!!!! Who's mom is up?

Never mind, I will just roll over and nudge bigred472's mom to go again.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upon further reflection of my drunken, yet still honest, response last night at 1am, dude you are an idiot. I refrain from using the word "troll" like other do because ultimately anyone can visit any message board so "troll" doesn't apply in my opinion. You are just dumb but since you want to describe what kind of Internet guy I am I will return the favor.

I offer no responses to what you say? I am a bully? I responded multiple times with actual facts. All the stuff about Nebraska actually winning a conference title in 99. All the stats on the so called slide of Husker football from 2001. Those were all from me. Those are actual responses to your stupidity. How long did it take you to acknowledge that you were wrong about the conference title? You still didn't acknowledge my other facts. See you are the Internet blow hard that talks and talks and talks with no actual facts and references rumors an hearsay and when you are slapped in the face with facts and reality you don't know how to defend yourself. I have been smacking fools like you around for a really long time. You are an easy mark. You can talk and babble inanely all you want to but don't go crying about bullies when you are proven wrong. Just own it and all will be good.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never been wrong on this board. Just saying

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I have to be the one to prove the ignorance again.

So in 2001 we were "2 yards and a cloud of dust and good defenses just boxed in Crouch and stopped us.

Forget that Crouch won the Heisman that same year.

How in the world did we lead the country in rushin with 314 rushing yards per game? 33 yards more that the second team. We had to have rushed the ball thousands of times that year to accumulate such yardage right? Nope, we also led the country in yards per attempt at 5.62. How did we finish 12th in total offense? Not in the conference (we were first in the conference) but in the country. How did we finish 7th in scoring offense?

What about that terrible defense that had no more talent? 22nd in rush D, 8th in total D, 6th in scoring D, 9th in pass D, 2nd in pass efficiency D. Those are all national rankings not conference rankings.

We faced 8 top 50 defenses that year and went 6-2 against them.
We faced 5 top 30 defenses that year and went 4-1 against them.
We faced 3 top 10 defenses that year and went 2-1 against them.

Yeah, they were awful!!!! Obvious signs of problems!!!!

And stop talking about the Miami game. You are talking about one of the 2-3 greatest teams of all time!!!!! Few teams ever could compete with them.
-------
Ooops you forgot that Colorado thrashing as well. And let's take an honest look at that Colorado team. They lost their first game to Fresno State. Then got thumped by Texas. And then they thrashed Nebraska badly so it wasn't just the Miamia game that made us look bad. Oh and BTW, Colorado redeemed itself bu beating Texas in the CCG. And guess who the OC was at Colorado? Shawn Watson.
-------
Then there was the following year that pretty much completed our our downfall. And by the 9-3 year it was obvious to everyone that Frank couldn't win big games. Site all the stats that you want (from 2001) but stats are like assholes everybody has one. I can get a better debate from a corncob than you. BTW, Pelini has his familty living in Lincoln. So did Callahan. Why is it that Franks wife was living in Omaha instead of Lincoln?

And stop defeinding Solich. The thread was and still is about Pelini.