• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HOF Modern Era Ballot

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking stat queens that couldn't catch a cold, ruining baseball conversations since WAR, UZR and whatever retarded bullshit was conceived.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murphy has the better 7 seasons, but they also account for the majority of his career WAR whereas Dewey provided a lot of value outside his top 7 seasons. I don't think 6 WAR makes up for that. And Dewey has double Murphy's WAA (33.0 to 16.4) and 20.6 more WAR.

Murphy is Nomar with about 3000 more plate appearances of being average/below average. And I don't think Nomar's a HOFer.

Yeah, Dewey had double Murphy's WAA!!!

:L

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight Evans had one hellofa arm in RF ... an outfield of Rice, Lynn and Evans was phenomenal ...

A joy to watch when I was a teenager, losing Fred Lynn sucked big time.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking stat queens that couldn't catch a cold, ruining baseball conversations since WAR, UZR and whatever retarded bullshit was conceived.

giphy.gif

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi curmudgeon!

giphy.gif

It's too bad that you never played baseball, you might have had something relevant to add to the conversation.

But hey, you gots yo stats!

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whitaker and Miller for me. The rest are Hall of Very Good IMO.

Jeter H Crist deserves 100% unless that bald headed guy from Kansas City has a vote and brings up his strikeouts. Then Jeter will be lucky to pull 75%.:spy:

If Griffey didn’t get 100% then Jeter shouldn’t at all. It’s too late for Rivera but Jeter doesn’t sniff Griffey’s jock. Let alone Barry Bonds deserves the hall before Jeter.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love advanced stats and also didn't quit playing baseball until I was in my mid 40s. A wonky knee and stiff back have led me to quit even softball now, I can run and throw ok but swinging hard is just too painful and makes me feel like I might fall apart...and I cannot accept just poking at the ball.
I feel that fact- based mathematical analysis is compatible with a love of the beauty of the game. I have to admit that Sandberg was not as great as I would like to think due to his home field advantage, but I still cherish memories of him scoring from 3rd on a pop-up to 2b and way he could backhand a grounder at full sprint.

He also shouldn't have retired early due to that corn dress wearing bitch of a first wife and fucked up his career stats.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Griffey didn’t get 100% then Jeter shouldn’t at all. It’s too late for Rivera but Jeter doesn’t sniff Griffey’s jock. Let alone Barry Bonds deserves the hall before Jeter.
Jeter will get 110% because that's how much he gave on EVERY PLAY!!!!

I love that Garvey and Tommy John are both on the ballot because the former fucked ( and impregnated) every gash in sight while the latter couldn't get Baseball Annie himself to open her legs, even with a fistfull of cash.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love advanced stats and also didn't quit playing baseball until I was in my mid 40s. A wonky knee and stiff back have led me to quit even softball now, I can run and throw ok but swinging hard is just too painful and makes me feel like I might fall apart...and I cannot accept just poking at the ball.
I feel that fact- based mathematical analysis is compatible with a love of the beauty of the game. I have to admit that Sandberg was not as great as I would like to think due to his home field advantage, but I still cherish memories of him scoring from 3rd on a pop-up to 2b and way he could backhand a grounder at full sprint.

He also shouldn't have retired early due to that corn dress wearing bitch of a first wife and fucked up his career stats.
stfu stat queen, get out of your mother's basement!!!

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's too bad that you never played baseball, you might have had something relevant to add to the conversation.

But hey, you gots yo stats!

Well, maybe you can tell us again how Fenway hurt Jim Rice 'because it just seemed like it,' then seemingly can't answer why his road stats were much worse than Fenway stats. How does that make sense again?

I guess relying solely the memory of a 60 year old boomer regarding what happened 40 years ago is the way to go...I'm sure you kept count of how many times Rice hit a foul ball into the crowd at Fenway that would've been a foul-out in most other ballparks :rolleyes2:

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeter will get 110% because that's how much he gave on EVERY PLAY!!!!
I love that Garvey and Tommy John are both on the ballot because the former fucked ( and impregnated) every gash in sight while the latter couldn't get Baseball Annie himself to open her legs, even with a fistfull of cash.
Baseball Annie HIMSELF?!?!
WTF, this Ingrid guy is a moron....

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, maybe you can tell us again how Fenway hurt Jim Rice 'because it just seemed like it,' then seemingly can't answer why his road stats were much worse than Fenway stats. How does that make sense again?

I guess relying solely the memory of a 60 year old boomer regarding what happened 40 years ago is the way to go...I'm sure you kept count of how many times Rice hit a foul ball into the crowd at Fenway that would've been a foul-out in most other ballparks :rolleyes2:

I guess that's the easy way to get boomer @Rex Racer to leave a thread....just ask him why Jim Rice hit worse on the road.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

There is no baseball conversation now. Just some spreadsheets for fat Millenials. Sport is about dead anyway.