• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hitner

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"How Denver and Seattle were able to get away with such rampant rule bending is down to a loophole in how games are officiated. The referee who reviewed the film for the Journal said officials are reluctant to throw flags for the same infringement more than once in a game. "Technically, we're not supposed to referee that way," the referee said. "But there's a human element that says: Do I really want to throw the same flag seven times today?"
Officials are also hesitant to litter the field with flags because the NFL's referee grading system, which determines which officials will be allocated to marquee games, downgrades referees more harshly for wrong calls than for making no call at all.

In the Super Bowl, the official said, this phenomenon is likely to be more pronounced because officials are hesitant to throw a flag unless the infraction is a "train wreck."

Its the same reason I think the home team gets the majority of the calls. The refs are human and are influenced by the crowd.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whitner graded out #6 overall at safety this year for PFF. His coverage was a looooot better this year. I still think he might price himself too high for us.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I will say this, if there is a Kam Chancellor-esque prospect out there, I will drop Whitner like it's hot. Kam had the best performance by the safety in the playoffs I've seen in a long time.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I will say this, if there is a Kam Chancellor-esque prospect out there, I will drop Whitner like it's hot. Kam had the best performance by the safety in the playoffs I've seen in a long time.

I think this goes without saying. Chancellor is probably the hardest-hitting safety in the NFL right now and a pro bowl caliber player.

There are no Cam Chancellor type safeties in the 2014 draft IMO. Unless you wanna convert Buckeye OLB Ryan Shazier to safety or something (which would be silly).

Here are the options I like at filling the other safety Rolle:

1. Culliver
2. Lamarcus Joyner
3. Malcolm Jenkins in FA
4. Stanley Jean-Baptiste - convert to safety (this one might be the best option IMO)

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think this goes without saying. Chancellor is probably the hardest-hitting safety in the NFL right now and a pro bowl caliber player.

There are no Cam Chancellor type safeties in the 2014 draft IMO. Unless you wanna convert Buckeye OLB Ryan Shazier to safety or something (which would be silly).

Here are the options I like at filling the other safety Rolle:

1. Culliver
2. Lamarcus Joyner
3. Malcolm Jenkins in FA
4. Stanley Jean-Baptiste - convert to safety (this one might be the best option IMO)

Ryan Shazier is intriguing. I need to read up on him.

I just realized that Seattle drafted Kam Chancellor in the 5th rd of the 2010 draft. Guess which safety we drafted (much) earlier? Taylor Mays :doh: