• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HIRE SARK!

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sark would not be the first Seattle coach with a drinking problem. I will not name him because its not my business. Alcoholism is one of the most destructive diseases. I have seen it first hand more than once. Used to drive the hard cases to the AA meetings in the navy. Also saw it with friends and relatives. People who get help and get themselves straight fight a daily battle to stay that way. But once they do get straight, they are just as good as the next man. Sark has talent. He also has a disease. Lets wish him well in his recovery.

I will. It's not like it is a big secret. Jack Patera. He was arrested at least twice that I recall for DWIs.

Liked him as a coach for an expansion team. He was not adverse to crazy game planning to try and compensate for a lack of talent on the new franchise. His throwing a screen to a 5'8" hispanic kicker (Effren Hererra) will forever be one of my fav all time Seahawk plays.

That being said: Sark is in a bad place right now and should work on his personal life and not coaching at the moment. Plus he already burned his bridges here when he denied being in negotiations for the USC job and insisting he was loyal to the UW only to jump ship within the next couple of days.

No thanks.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JP was not the only one. Sark's future is in his own hands. I am sure he doesn't have one here but somebody will give him a second chance. I wish him well in his recovery.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will. It's not like it is a big secret. Jack Patera. He was arrested at least twice that I recall for DWIs.

I remember the "one" DUI that got him fired from the team. His DUI court case was discussed in my drivers ed class a year later. He tried to explain to the judge that his new cowboy boots caused him to misjudge the accelerator. Also, what really ticked off the team was that Jack was using the team's corporate card for a dinner for him and his wife and put a hefty bar tab on it.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Liked him as a coach for an expansion team. He was not adverse to crazy game planning to try and compensate for a lack of talent on the new franchise. His throwing a screen to a 5'8" hispanic kicker (Effren Hererra) will forever be one of my fav all time Seahawk plays.

That being said: Sark is in a bad place right now and should work on his personal life and not coaching at the moment. Plus he already burned his bridges here when he denied being in negotiations for the USC job and insisting he was loyal to the UW only to jump ship within the next couple of days.

No thanks.

Dennis Erickson also got busted for a couple of DUIs.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an interesting thought, but as Clayton points out - if he comes to Seattle it'll be as an assistant and that Bevell is the coordinator (whether fans like it or not, because Pete likes it that way).
And that last part is key. Because Pete likes it that way.

For all this bitching about Bevell people are giving Carroll a free pass on their criticism of this offense. Reports have been clear that Bevell has limiters on him preventing him from opening up the offense placed there by Carroll. They practice many of those more entertaining and dangerous plays. You see them from time to time when the team has to come back from behind. The rest of the time they play a very vanilla safe and sane brand of offense because Pete likes it that way.

But, but, but they are too predictable at the line. Watch closer. See how often Wilson goes off script with his presnap reads. He's normally given two plays or even a third based on what he sees at the line. If the D is taking the pass away with their formations you get run run run. Can they do other things to bust those looks? Yes, but again Pete doesn't want risky plays until the team has to.

The Seahawks are built around the philosophy of only being as innovative/creative/risky/entertaining on offense as they have to be based on how well their defense is doing in any particular game. And it has taken you to back to back SB's.

We don't need the distraction of Sark on this staff, at least not until he's been sober for a couple of years. We don't need some other OC as Pete will do the same thing to them and put restrictions on their plays as well. If you really hate how we run offense then start calling for Carroll to be fired because it comes from him. The person second in line to blame is Cable. Quick, what is Cable's job title? Anyone? He's the ASSISTANT HEAD COACH and line coach. Not only is Bevell limited by Pete in how innovative he can be, but he really only gets to work on the passing offense as it is. The entire running game is Cable. Every play. Every design. And we are told some of the calls to use it come from him. You want something better with that line? You gotta change him out.

There are lots of things to look at to change this offense. And almost none of them include the OC.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For all this bitching about Bevell people are giving Carroll a free pass on their criticism of this offense. Reports have been clear that Bevell has limiters on him preventing him from opening up the offense placed there by Carroll. They practice many of those more entertaining and dangerous plays. You see them from time to time when the team has to come back from behind. The rest of the time they play a very vanilla safe and sane brand of offense because Pete likes it that way.

But, but, but they are too predictable at the line. Watch closer. See how often Wilson goes off script with his presnap reads. He's normally given two plays or even a third based on what he sees at the line. If the D is taking the pass away with their formations you get run run run. Can they do other things to bust those looks? Yes, but again Pete doesn't want risky plays until the team has to.

He kind of did the same thing when he coached the Jets/Patriots... In '94, the Jet's offense was ranked 9th when he took over, the offense then finished 22nd the following year... In '97-'99 the Pat's offense was ranked 7th when he took over. The offense then finished 15th, 11th, and 18th the following 3 seasons... He even admitted his first year w/ the Hawks that he had hamstrung the offense in NY and NE and that he had learned from that... He's not a risk taker on offense, that is for sure... Limiting the TO's has been a very good trait for our team, while enabling us to win games... Who knows how much he's holding Bevell back...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He kind of did the same thing when he coached the Jets/Patriots... In '94, the Jet's offense was ranked 9th when he took over, the offense then finished 22nd the following year... In '97-'99 the Pat's offense was ranked 7th when he took over. The offense then finished 15th, 11th, and 18th the following 3 seasons... He even admitted his first year w/ the Hawks that he had hamstrung the offense in NY and NE and that he had learned from that... He's not a risk taker on offense, that is for sure... Limiting the TO's has been a very good trait for our team, while enabling us to win games... Who knows how much he's holding Bevell back...
And the thing is, it's not like I'm in love with Bevell. I can certainly find fault with him. If you dare to argue against any of the Bevell haters they accuse you of defending him at all costs. I'm simply telling them there is plenty of blame to go around for why this offense is the way that it is and very very little of it is Bevell. He does have SOME part in the problems. Just not nearly as much as they complain about week to week. OC has to be the toughest job in sports in many ways. You can't win no matter what you do. I've read NE fans that bitch about theirs ffs. Doesn't matter how successful your team is, every single loss is OC fail. It's just that low lying fruit that novice fans can easily reach for.

Reactions: BHF

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the thing is, it's not like I'm in love with Bevell. I can certainly find fault with him. If you dare to argue against any of the Bevell haters they accuse you of defending him at all costs. I'm simply telling them there is plenty of blame to go around for why this offense is the way that it is and very very little of it is Bevell. He does have SOME part in the problems. Just not nearly as much as they complain about week to week. OC has to be the toughest job in sports in many ways. You can't win no matter what you do. I've read NE fans that bitch about theirs ffs. Doesn't matter how successful your team is, every single loss is OC fail. It's just that low lying fruit that novice fans can easily reach for.

Agreed... And God forbid anyone accuse RW as being some of the problem... I found that out 2 weeks ago...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's why I don't bring it up often. I'd still say he's the best QB this franchise has had. He may not always win you games, but he seldom loses them and he's done a lot with so little around him. Still, I don't get why he still makes the same mistakes game after game year after year when it comes to read progression, line adjustments, and pocket patience/presence. Not sure he's getting quality instruction.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's why I don't bring it up often. I'd still say he's the best QB this franchise has had. He may not always win you games, but he seldom loses them and he's done a lot with so little around him. Still, I don't get why he still makes the same mistakes game after game year after year when it comes to read progression, line adjustments, and pocket patience/presence. Not sure he's getting quality instruction.

Yeah... He's definitely best in our Franchise history... He's been good for us and he will continue to be good as long as he develops some kind of pocket presence while reading the defense... Taking care of the ball is his biggest asset imo, which is a great thing to have from a QB (see Matthew Stafford)... I just want to see him take that next step forward... He got paid like he's one of the best, he's going to need to play up to those expectations or he's going to have to deal with the criticism at a much higher level..

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Seahawks are built around the philosophy of only being as innovative/creative/risky/entertaining on offense as they have to be based on how well their defense is doing in any particular game. And it has taken you to back to back SB's.

We don't need the distraction of Sark on this staff, at least not until he's been sober for a couple of years. We don't need some other OC as Pete will do the same thing to them and put restrictions on their plays as well. If you really hate how we run offense then start calling for Carroll to be fired because it comes from him. The person second in line to blame is Cable. Quick, what is Cable's job title? Anyone? He's the ASSISTANT HEAD COACH and line coach. Not only is Bevell limited by Pete in how innovative he can be, but he really only gets to work on the passing offense as it is. The entire running game is Cable. Every play. Every design. And we are told some of the calls to use it come from him. You want something better with that line? You gotta change him out.

There are lots of things to look at to change this offense. And almost none of them include the OC.
Spot on post.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on your perspective, the timing of this thread couldn't be better. Or worse.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read there is a chance Pete would bring him in, he's in contact with Sark, and Pete is known to be a huge supporter of second chances... Be interesting to see how that play's out.. I don't like the way the guy left UW though and basically bailed before the bowl game we had... It just came across as tacky to me...

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sark will need to take care of himself before he can start fielding calls (if there are any) for a job. We'll see what happens during the off season.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who us responsible for that? Ill give you a hint, his initials are DB.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, I could have sworn those are not the initials of his QB coach. ...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blame anybody but bevell.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, several of us are saying blame everyone and one group is picking just one guy as the entire problem. Not one person I've seen has said everyone but Bevell. Straw man tactics aren't going to work.