• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HIRE SARK!

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What has Sark done? He was ok as a joint play caller/coach at the college level with a severally higher level of talent than almost all of the teams they played.

What in the world makes anyone think he's really NFL ready? And given now that his life is a seriously hot mess who the hell would actually take the risk he can keep it together under much higher pressure? I mean the OC A L W A Y S gets blamed for every teams ills.

Hell no.

View attachment 39386

Severely higher level of talent than almost all of the teams he played? Like Keith Price? Like inheriting a winless team and then never having a losing season? Like taking a guy that was a recruiting afterthought in Price and turning him into a legit NCAA QB?

I don't get the hate. He ran a NFL offense at UW, did a great job of developing the QB's he had to work with, and based on that work he got the hottest job in NCAA football. For whatever reason he's imploding right now. But the dude can coach and he understands offense and the QB position.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Severely higher level of talent than almost all of the teams he played? Like Keith Price? Like inheriting a winless team and then never having a losing season? Like taking a guy that was a recruiting afterthought in Price and turning him into a legit NCAA QB?

I don't get the hate. He ran a NFL offense at UW, did a great job of developing the QB's he had to work with, and based on that work he got the hottest job in NCAA football. For whatever reason he's imploding right now. But the dude can coach and he understands offense and the QB position.
He was an OC at USC, not UW. There are no accomplishments he had as a HC at UW that translates to what he might do as OC in the NFL.

You are going to deny that he had superior talent on those championship teams? You don't get that at the NFL level.

What hate? You can't say he has any history that suggests he's an improvement over Bevell at the NFL level. It's pure fact.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) He had a losing record his first year, I know it's nitpicking, but I'm a little OCD about things like this.

2) What I think you really meant was that he had Chris Polk and Bishop Sankey. Now if you're saying that he will be able to have a running game that will allow mediocre QBs perform higher than their skill level, then that's great - cause as a run first offense that's perfect. But, I'm not sure either Locker or Price are that good without 1400-1800 coming from their RB.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was an OC at USC, not UW. There are no accomplishments he had as a HC at UW that translates to what he might do as OC in the NFL.

You are going to deny that he had superior talent on those championship teams? You don't get that at the NFL level.

What hate? You can't say he has any history that suggests he's an improvement over Bevell at the NFL level. It's pure fact.

HC's have their "thing". PC's thing is the secondary. That's why we were able to build a top defense even though our DC was basically awful with Gus Bradley. Pass rush always sucked when he was here. They go out and get Quinn and all of a sudden that changes. Now Quinn's at Atlanta and look at what's happening.

All head coaches have their "thing" and their nose is always going to be in it. You think Bill Walsh didn't have his nose in the offense in SF? He was a head coach and not an OC. The thing with these coaches is to find guys that can cover the things they can't and put faith in them. Pete did an awesome job at that at USC and is doing a pretty bad job of it here.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sarks thing is getting drunk. What's your point?

He's in no way, shape, or form worth taking any kind of a risk on as a major piece of a high level NFL team. Now if you said they should try him out at QB coach? Even then I'd not be in favor. This program demands an established and experienced NFL coach to run it's offense.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) He had a losing record his first year, I know it's nitpicking, but I'm a little OCD about things like this.

2) What I think you really meant was that he had Chris Polk and Bishop Sankey. Now if you're saying that he will be able to have a running game that will allow mediocre QBs perform higher than their skill level, then that's great - cause as a run first offense that's perfect. But, I'm not sure either Locker or Price are that good without 1400-1800 coming from their RB.

Don't downlplay what Price did there. He was a fine QB and he came out of nowhere and Sark ran a solid offense when he was at UW. He just stuck with Nick "the chearleader" Holt for way too long. Remember that idiot?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't downlplay what Price did there. He was a fine QB and he came out of nowhere and Sark ran a solid offense when he was at UW. He just stuck with Nick "the chearleader" Holt for way too long. Remember that idiot?

I'm not downplaying. Keith Price had 2 really good years sandwiching an ok season, all while playing with a top of the line runner who gained at least 1400 yards on the ground and scored at least 16 TDs in each of his 3 years. Sarkisian still ran the ball more than he threw it his entire time in Washington.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not downplaying. Keith Price had 2 really good years sandwiching an ok season, all while playing with a top of the line runner who gained at least 1400 yards on the ground and scored at least 16 TDs in each of his 3 years. Sarkisian still ran the ball more than he threw it his entire time in Washington.

Price had as much to do with UW's success on offense as Polk did. He wasn't even supposed to be the guy. Montana was and he sucked the limited time he saw. And Price's knees were both completely shot by the time he was through. He could hardly walk and he was still moving the ball. They were talking about him as a legit heisman candidate at one point.

And BTW, when you can't mention him without bringing up Polk then you are downplaying him. Price was a rock solid QB for UW.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sarks thing is getting drunk. What's your point?

He's in no way, shape, or form worth taking any kind of a risk on as a major piece of a high level NFL team. Now if you said they should try him out at QB coach? Even then I'd not be in favor. This program demands an established and experienced NFL coach to run it's offense.

Then who the hell is? Wilson's a unique talent and we can't have some cookie-cutter play caller like Bevell calling the shots. Sark's obviously got a lot of short comings but lack of imagination isn't one of them.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then who the hell is? Wilson's a unique talent and we can't have some cookie-cutter play caller like Bevell calling the shots. Sark's obviously got a lot of short comings but lack of imagination isn't one of them.
What has he done to show he has any chance of being competent at the NFL level in running an offense?

And even if you really thought he was the best untapped talent at the college level, have you read the things coming out today? He doesn't have a minor problem. He showed up to work drunk this morning for meetings. He was said to have been drunk at the ASU game earlier this year. Players have pics of him passed out on the trip home after WSU last year. Stuff is coming out left and right. He's a complete train wreck.

No, no, no, no, no, and no.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What has he done to show he has any chance of being competent at the NFL level in running an offense?

And even if you really thought he was the best untapped talent at the college level, have you read the things coming out today? He doesn't have a minor problem. He showed up to work drunk this morning for meetings. He was said to have been drunk at the ASU game earlier this year. Players have pics of him passed out on the trip home after WSU last year. Stuff is coming out left and right. He's a complete train wreck.

No, no, no, no, no, and no.

Well I didn't know about the whole showing up drunk to a game thing until you just mentioned it. I guess that might disqualify him for serious consideration. What a waste. I like a cold beer as much as the next guy but drinking before you show up to the office? I never understood that one.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the thread on the college board about sark being missing. Several links to USC tweets with lots of details rolling in. He has a severe problem. He will never work for a major program again. His career is done.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take my grandma over bevell, so count me in.
Of course you would. You would prefer a person with deep problems showing up drunk for work as if he was Aldon Smith's daddy. This was 1 week after he showed up drunk at some sort of booster meeting or something like that.
Snugs, you are slowly losing it.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HC's have their "thing". PC's thing is the secondary. That's why we were able to build a top defense even though our DC was basically awful with Gus Bradley. Pass rush always sucked when he was here. They go out and get Quinn and all of a sudden that changes. Now Quinn's at Atlanta and look at what's happening.

All head coaches have their "thing" and their nose is always going to be in it. You think Bill Walsh didn't have his nose in the offense in SF? He was a head coach and not an OC. The thing with these coaches is to find guys that can cover the things they can't and put faith in them. Pete did an awesome job at that at USC and is doing a pretty bad job of it here.
I hope you aren't using Pete's results as our HC to formulate that opinion.
For me, I think his results have been spectacular.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you aren't using Pete's results as our HC to formulate that opinion.
For me, I think his results have been spectacular.

I'm talking about him letting OC's doing their job and not putting so many constraints on them, which is obviously happening here.

I don't get the hate. I thought that this was a one time incident with him and had no idea he's basically a lush but the guy knows offensive football. I agree that you don't hire a guy who's obviously got some huge problems (I didn't know the extent of them until all the other crap started coming out) but saying he doesn't know the x's and o's of offense is just not true.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaaaand, he's now fired, as of a few minutes ago. Pat Haden's next.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Price had as much to do with UW's success on offense as Polk did.

I'm a Cougar fan I don't see that statement true by any means... Polk was the heart and soul of that offense... He was unstoppable...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody would be better than bevell, even an alcoholic.

I cant see sarkisian throwing on 3rd and 1 or 3rd and two with the game on the line. Bevell never learns.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sark would not be the first Seattle coach with a drinking problem. I will not name him because its not my business. Alcoholism is one of the most destructive diseases. I have seen it first hand more than once. Used to drive the hard cases to the AA meetings in the navy. Also saw it with friends and relatives. People who get help and get themselves straight fight a daily battle to stay that way. But once they do get straight, they are just as good as the next man. Sark has talent. He also has a disease. Lets wish him well in his recovery.