• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here's Where Mayhew and Caldwell Screwed Up.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you do, so let me help you out......Pick Seattle on Monday night........It's my gift to you after all the rainbows you have been giving me.......

No way. With Lynch out, Seattle has no offense. Easy Lions W

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Followed by a book. I don't read your books. Please sum up.

Miami's defense without Suh>Miami's defense with Suh

There is a reason why you didn't see teams lining up to sign Suh as a FA. Let me know when you figure out what it is or feel free to ask me.:suds:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami's defense without Suh>Miami's defense with Suh

There is a reason why you didn't see teams lining up to sign Suh as a FA. Let me know when you figure out what it is or feel free to ask me.:suds:

Plenty of teams and tons of players from other teams wanted him. Both NY teams, Chicago, Green Bay, San Diego, Detroit etc...

As usual, you're wrong.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a reason why I didn't see teams lining up to sign Suh as a FA. I was too busy holding my wife's purse

You're officially cut off, Mike. You don't get to post with me anymore. Go post at the kids table and leave football talk to the posters who actually pay attention to the sport.

Dolphins join list of potential suitors for Detroit Lions' Ndamukong Suh

More than a dozen teams are reported to have interest in pursuing the defensive tackle. And the start of free agency is still five days away.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so happy because we should have money come April to pay for a few missing pieces.......Miami will not have that luxury with Suh's contract

Miami will have 4-14 million from cap increase(depending on how much the cap increases), 10+ million in cap roll over, and 5-15 million from cap cuts that is plenty of room to sign a few pieces.

Lions have 23-33 million from cap increase, 2.5 million from roll over, and could free up a lot from cuts 11m for Calvin, 11.5m for Stafford, 6m for Tulloch, 2.5m for Joique, 2.65m for Pettigrew and others lots of room, but i doubt many players want to come here if Mayhew remains incharge unless its just for a final payday(Ngata)

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami will have 4-14 million from cap increase(depending on how much the cap increases), 10+ million in cap roll over, and 5-15 million from cap cuts that is plenty of room to sign a few pieces.

Lions have 23-33 million from cap increase, 2.5 million from roll over, and could free up a lot from cuts 11m for Calvin, 11.5m for Stafford, 6m for Tulloch, 2.5m for Joique, 2.65m for Pettigrew and others lots of room, but i doubt many players want to come here if Mayhew remains incharge unless its just for a final payday(Ngata)

So from your post, Lions will have a lot more money to spend then Miami?........ Both teams suck yet one has more money to spend.....Thank you Suh for letting us off this finacial hook......

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than a dozen teams are reported to have interest in pursuing the defensive tackle. And the start of free agency is still five days away.

HUGE difference between interest and actually offering someone a contract. I'm sure every team was interested until they laughed and hung up the phone when he said he wanted to be the highest paid defensive player in football.

I guess Suh decided to narrow down his choices to the Lions, Oakland and Miami after all those teams came knocking.:pound:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And a 28 million dollar cap hit from one player.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask SB winning HC Brian Billick who kindly explained how Suh is not the problem in Miami.
"I don't know that it's as much Ndamukong Suh"...."Suh's been a double-digit sack guy one time I think as a rookie year. It's not like he's a huge presence inside as a pass rusher, because people rightfully so are doubling him. It's what he opens up on the outside. I don't see the outside guys taking advantage of this one-on-one matchup the way I'd like to see."..Brian Billick.

"Billick oversteps himself there. Suh leads the NFL over the last five years in quarterback pressures by an interior lineman, according to ESPN Stats." Sun sentinal calling bullshit on Superbowl winning coach Billick. LOL

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're officially cut off, Mike. You don't get to post with me anymore. Go post at the kids table and leave football talk to the posters who actually pay attention to the sport.

Dolphins join list of potential suitors for Detroit Lions' Ndamukong Suh

Even if Miami can't convince Suh to take his talents to South Beach, there are several other teams reported to be lining up to make offers. That includes Washington, which knows a thing or two about handing megadeals to defensive tackles under Dan Gilbert.

The Oakland Raiders could be another team positioned to really pay -- or even overpay -- for Suh. They have about $54 million in cap space as of today, lack star power and, let's be honest, there's something about a Suh/Raiders marriage that seems fitting.

"He's Raider-ish," Oakland defensive end Justin Tuck said during Super Bowl week. "That's one of the reasons why I know Raider Nation would applaud that move, beyond the fact he's an awesome football player. But he kind of fits the mold of the toughness and the ferocious play that built the Oakland Raiders."

Other teams linked to Suh in one way or another include the New York Giants, New York Jets, Indianapolis Colts, Atlanta Falcons, Seattle Seahawks and Jacksonville Jaguars, among others.

A very vague, unsubstantiated, speculative article. It certainly wouldnt qualify as a proof of anything. It's one writers opinion basically based on rumors he heard. "One way or another'...whats that mean exactly? Potential suitors? Well the Raiders have cap room...potential suitor! lol

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Billick is spot on with his evaluation of Suh. Right now -- I'm tied with Suh in sacks and QB pressures, we both have zero.
Well he is facing double teams...that never happened in Detroit apparently.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he is facing double teams...that never happened in Detroit apparently.

Don't question SB winning coach Billick's comments

SB winning HC says Suh isn't the problem

Suh is doing his job -- for 19 million a year, he will eat a double team. As SB winning coach Billick states, it isn't like Suh is a force rushing the passer. So who are we to question him? Right Rob?:pound:

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So from your post, Lions will have a lot more money to spend then Miami?........ Both teams suck yet one has more money to spend.....Thank you Suh for letting us off this finacial hook......

Yup both teams have plenty to spend. Instead of paying Suh and hoping for a wildcard spot and maybe our first playoff win in 25 years we get to hope for the first overall pick in next years draft .

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup both teams have plenty to spend. Instead of paying Suh and hoping for a wildcard spot and maybe our first playoff win in 25 years we get to hope for the first overall pick in next years draft .
I can't inagine how bad we'd be with Suh instead of Tyrun Walker. That would really suck.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a 28 million dollar cap hit from one player.

Could be worse Detroit has 24 million coming from Calvin and 22.5 million coming from Stafford not that it really matters even if they had signed Suh they could have manipulated the cap to pay all 3 and still signed our free agents. Instead we'll sign or free agents and bring in over the hill crap as usual.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That sounds about right....We should be stellar in the future....April is so far off but yet I can't wait to draft.......

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor is we will trade our 5th round pick and a future 2nd round pick for some guy in college that we don't know yet......

Lions football.....Gotta love it.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This organization has had 3 true superstars in its lifetime. Barry, Calvin, and Suh. Mayhew wasted 5 years with two of the three best Lions in history, and has nothing to show for it.

He's literally the greatest failure of a GM since Matt Millen.