• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here's Where Mayhew and Caldwell Screwed Up.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is cute how you come up with excuses for your man crush. I'm curious -- who is the leader of Miami's defense this year? I'm trying to figure out who has led them to the least sacks in the NFL and 2nd worse rush defense.

I know Suh HAS to be the leader of Miami's rush defense, as he is the best DT in the NFL against the run. Who leads the pass rush part of the defense? With zero sacks and zero QB pressures -- I'm guessing it isn't Suh. Maybe Jordan Phillips, as he has the only sack the Dolphins have in 3 games?

lol at you not knowing who Cameron Wake is. Ignorance is bliss. :pound:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-- the 3.7 YPC is quite good.

Lions are 2nd worst in the NFL allowing 5 rush TDs through the first 3 games. Miami? 8th best. Top 10 run D.

Lions run defense is a dumpster fire.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured -- Thought I'd answer just in case you weren't. Only 3 teams in the NFL have had more rushing attempts against than Detroit. So while they are middle of the pack right now in yards allowed -- the 3.7 YPC is quite good considering Peterson had his way with us and Minny had a 40 yard run on a reverse.
I'm usually just trolling. 9 times out of 10 prolly. The other half, I'm also trolling, but in secret.

But honest question(s):

Do you think we're 4 in rushing attempts against because we've been behind most of the season? Or because teams view running as the easier option to passing? Or because Danny Woodhead is a game changer?

Bonus Point question:

How many RBs have had a season high in carries or yards against Detroit so far this season?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@broncosmitty Double blind test time. Team A has surrendered 5 rush TDs in 3 games. Team B has surrendered 1 rush TD in 3 games. Which team has a better run defense?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think we're 4 in rushing attempts against because we've been behind most of the season? Or because teams view running as the easier option to passing? Or because Danny Woodhead is a game changer?

I think teams definitely want to test the Lions front 4. I also think Detroit is in the top 4 because SD ran a ton of plays in week 1, so not only did they throw 40 times, they ran the ball 30 times. Minnesota -- they have one of the best RB in history -- so I'd run him into the ground too.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even w Linehan, the Lions never could beat the best teams, never threatened to take the North.

Went 10-6 record on a cake schedule, beating a bunch of bad teams and got bounced in round 1.

Went 4-12 on post playoff schedule

Went 11-5 on cake schedule, beating a bunch of bad teams and got bounced in round 1.

0-3 on post playoff schedule.

Parts change, results stay the same.
Yes but they never had a defense while he was here. Hard to believe with Suh huh? lol. Look at the Cowboys who have a decent D and good O-line. Linehan is much more balanced(no 740 pass attempts)...not because he changed, because he can. He tailored the offense to the personel...ie lots of quick throws with the Lions.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team A has surrendered 5 rush TDs in 3 games. Team B has surrendered 1 rush TD in 3 games. Which team has a better run defense?

So Detroit has a better pass defense than Miami? I mean, Miami has given up more pass TD's. Oh yeah -- Detroit also must have a better pass rush, as they have 4 sacks to Miami's 1 on the year.

By grasping at straws to salvage the effect your man crush has on a defense -- you are making them look worse.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2011 (last winning season w Linehan) was a long time ago. Different team and players. And even then Linehan wasn't beating winning teams.

This years defense has obviously suffered an colossal drop off without Suh. Last year, through the first three games the D surrendered 45 points (including 3 at Minnesota).

This year through three games, they've surrendered 83. Damn near double.
Levy is a bigger part of that IMO. Bynes has been abused. Its funny I read an article yesterday about how good Bynes is playing and I was wondering what game they were watching. He is in all of the other teams highlights.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2011 (last winning season w Linehan) was a long time ago. Different team and players. And even then Linehan wasn't beating winning teams.

This years defense has obviously suffered an colossal drop off without Suh. Last year, through the first three games the D surrendered 45 points (including 3 at Minnesota).

This year through three games, they've surrendered 83. Damn near double.
The Dophins on the other hand have allowed 81 in 3 games. a 2 point improvement over the 83 they surrendeered last year. The only difference is this year they have played the powerhouse Jags and Skins along with the Bills. Last year it was Chiefs, Pats and Bills. Although in 2014 the Bills scored 29 on the Fins...this year 41 Ugg. How is that possible with the Suh factor? I know Im baffled. Explain it to me Rob please....if you would be so kind.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree -- that is why I said Linehan was able to mask the deficiencies of our OL with his blocking schemes. We have never had a great OL, but Linehan was able to make them look really good.

I can agree with that. Have to say though, I find all the Linehan love on this thread unnerving.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levy is a bigger part of that IMO. Bynes has been abused. Its funny I read an article yesterday about how good Bynes is playing and I was wondering what game they were watching. He is in all of the other teams highlights.

Bynes is much better on the inside. I don't mind him at MLB, but he is nothing more than backup level on the outside. Very few LBs can do what Levy does. We need 1 more LB like him so that Whitehead and Bynes can be the main backups and just give these other guys breathers. Also relegates Lewis to ST like last year.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Detroit has a better pass defense than Miami? I mean, Miami has given up more pass TD's. Oh yeah -- Detroit also must have a better pass rush, as they have 4 sacks to Miami's 1 on the year.

By grasping at straws to salvage the effect your man crush has on a defense -- you are making them look worse.

Sure. But our bet is who had the better run D, and right now I'm massacring you. :-)

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dophins on the other hand have allowed 81 in 3 games. a 2 point improvement over the 83 they surrendeered last year. The only difference is this year they have played the powerhouse Jags and Skins along with the Bills. Last year it was Chiefs, Pats and Bills. Although in 2014 the Bills scored 29 on the Fins...this year 41 Ugg. How is that possible with the Suh factor? I know Im baffled. Explain it to me Rob please....if you would be so kind.

Ask SB winning HC Brian Billick who kindly explained how Suh is not the problem in Miami.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nah. Levy is just a guy. Wasn't even good until he had a fully stocked D lime in front of him. Where were all those tackles years prior?

Mayhew is the biggest problem. Can't draft. You guys will catch up w the rest if us soon enough.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@broncosmitty Double blind test time. Team A has surrendered 5 rush TDs in 3 games. Team B has surrendered 1 rush TD in 3 games. Which team has a better run defense?

LOL at the simpleton trying to cherry pick 1 of the few stats that support his case.

The bet you 2 have was yards against and everyone watching knows it. Stop trying to weasel out of it.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at the simpleton trying to cherry pick 1 of the few stats that support his case.

The bet you 2 have was yards against and everyone watching knows it. Stop trying to weasel out of it.

It's football, touchdowns are all that matters. No points for rushing 10 yards. You're the simpleton if you think a rush D who gives up more TDs is the better one.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's football, touchdowns are all that matters. No points for rushing 10 yards. You're the simpleton if you think a rush D who gives up more TDs is the better one.

Losing after being such an ass about this subject must really hurt. I would recommend you try:

19.jpg

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree with that. Have to say though, I find all the Linehan love on this thread unnerving.

I'm not in love with Linehan, but as our OC, he took a medicore line and gave them a scheme they could succeed in. Lombardi isn't doing that.

With Detroit -- he used Detroit's ability to throw the ball and turned them into one of the best passing offenses. He goes to Denver and uses Dallas ability to run the ball and they lead the NFL in rushing.

Linehan seems to play to the personnel's strength. Right now, Lombardi is trying to force his offensive scheme on a roster that isn't built for it.