• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here's an easy one

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, in my goofball league I am now 5-3 thanks to the Defensive 6 rule..............it's a rule and we all abide by it so not really bitching (much). In this league we have 3 IR spots and Knox is in one of those spots. We have to carry 2 TE on our active roster and as of right now I have Andrews and Gronk active. With Knox having a Q by his name my roster is locked and I can't put in a new line up. I did see this coming so I put a line up in last week that I thought I would roll with (after Henry got hurted). So this is a 2 part question: Obviously I will have to lose either Andrews, Gronk or Knox eventually, so which would you cut and 2: Would you hold fer 1 more week and roll with this line up or would you make the cut now and insert any of my bench guise instead. 5-3 and playing another 5-3 and I feel I have the better team this week.

1635987618564.png

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy. Uh-huh.
I would cut Knox.

Reason: You can't cut Andrews. He's the #2 scoring TE and if Kelce and KC continue to struggle, Andrews may surpass him. (Kelce is averaging 16.1 ppg while Andrews is averaging 15.9 ppg.)
Since I mentioned the ppg (or Points Per Game), that segues nicely into the Knox (13.8 ppg) vs Gronk (14.3 ppg) debate. Come playoff time, you know Brady will be targeting Gronk.
In all fairness, I dont think you lose much by cutting either Gronk or Knox. All 3 seem to be playoff bound and thats what you need in your "goofball" league.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think about putting Carter in and it sucks that he plays tomorrow night or else you may get lucky and have someone ruled out and be eligible for IR. Is it PPR? Doesn't look like it from the projections, but sometimes they are all out of whack.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy. Uh-huh.
I would cut Knox.

Reason: You can't cut Andrews. He's the #2 scoring TE and if Kelce and KC continue to struggle, Andrews may surpass him. (Kelce is averaging 16.1 ppg while Andrews is averaging 15.9 ppg.)
Since I mentioned the ppg (or Points Per Game), that segues nicely into the Knox (13.8 ppg) vs Gronk (14.3 ppg) debate. Come playoff time, you know Brady will be targeting Gronk.
In all fairness, I dont think you lose much by cutting either Gronk or Knox. All 3 seem to be playoff bound and thats what you need in your "goofball" league.

I would think about putting Carter in and it sucks that he plays tomorrow night or else you may get lucky and have someone ruled out and be eligible for IR. Is it PPR? Doesn't look like it from the projections, but sometimes they are all out of whack.
Agree with both of these posts. If it wasnt the goofy league, id probably keep knox, but joe is spot on. @femurov myfantasyleague projections are whack. I see guys that havent scored a point all year projected for like "7" weekly

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually. I say keep all 3 of the Tight ends. I’d drop heineicky. With Winston now out you have a good backup qb in hill. And Fitzpatrick might be coming back soon.

All three of your TEs are playoff bound. And may have good trade value for that reason. Even if no trades you can play matchups once playoffs do come. And if you do lose any of them in the playoffs you will likely have another.

Washington is not making the playoffs and even if hill is not a good backup for long I’m sure you can find one on the waivers as long as this is a 12 owner league.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then I read that you have a 2 te maximum. Yes knox is the easy drop. But can’t you keep him in Ir for another week.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually. I say keep all 3 of the Tight ends. I’d drop heineicky. With Winston now out you have a good backup qb in hill. And Fitzpatrick might be coming back soon.

All three of your TEs are playoff bound. And may have good trade value for that reason. Even if no trades you can play matchups once playoffs do come. And if you do lose any of them in the playoffs you will likely have another.

Washington is not making the playoffs and even if hill is not a good backup for long I’m sure you can find one on the waivers as long as this is a 12 owner league.

Echo

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at your team, I'd keep them all and cut Odell. Whichever TE you like the least you could trade for a more productive WR than Odell or something else you need

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at your team, I'd keep them all and cut Odell. Whichever TE you like the least you could trade for a more productive WR than Odell or something else you need
The way this league is set up you almost have to do either 2fers or 3fers....you have to end up with all positions at the required amount of players. Otherwise yer trading a TE fer a TE....

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a 2-part question to your 2-part question

1) is there any FAs out there that you'd be considering at all?
(a reason that you'd want to change your roster this week and take one of your TEs off IR)

2) when you say you can't change anything while Knox is in IR with the Q-tag, that means you can't swap bench players into your starting spots or just that you can't make add/drops on FAs?

if going the trade route, I'd try to pkg Woods and Gronk to a TE-weak team that still has a shot at the playoffs for a decent WR and droppable TE

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Answer 1: Nope. Got Carter and AD off wire this week and those are the 2 peeps I'm considering over Moss.
Answer 2: Tried Gronk-Jamis fer scrub TE-Herbert to TE needy team with no playoff QB. Got told to pound sand. Any other league that would be the proper respons.....this one he prolly should have taken it....now with Jamis done I'm glad he didn't

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actual answer 2....lol
With Knox questionable on IR I can not make any changes to my line up. If he's D or O or IR today then I can keep him on IR and make changes....if not, Carter will sit on the bench fer sure

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks guise. Seems to me the consensus is what I figured: Knox is the drop. I'll wait a while and see if his status changes. Hate giving somebody a free Playoff TE but it's gonna happen one way or another....

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3