• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heres the Mariners were used to seeing,

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Oakland coming in, and our offense out inepting our normal offense, heres to a nice little 6 game losing streak to end the first half.

It was fun while it lasted. But the Mariners are who we thought they are. Best (2nd) pitching staff in baseball and REFUSE to win ball games.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Oakland coming in, and our offense out inepting our normal offense, heres to a nice little 6 game losing streak to end the first half.

It was fun while it lasted. But the Mariners are who we thought they are. Best (2nd) pitching staff in baseball and REFUSE to win ball games.

Easy Wazzu! Don't forget one thing, this team shows up for good teams. They have been known to squabble away the so called easy match ups, but when it comes to top tier match ups they show up. As frustrating as it's been the last week or so I still see us take at least 2 out of 3 heading into the ASB. :hope:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team has been incredibly streaky like I pointed out in the other thread. Just hope that this weekend is the start of a good streak rather then continuation of the bad one. Seems like they do the opposite of what we think they will do.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy Wazzu! Don't forget one thing, this team shows up for good teams. They have been known to squabble away the so called easy match ups, but when it comes to top tier match ups they show up. As frustrating as it's been the last week or so I still see us take at least 2 out of 3 heading into the ASB. :hope:

Hey man I hope your right! But 20 years of being a Mariners fan has taught me a few things.

This just in Cory Hart just grounded out again with the bases loaded.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey man I hope your right! But 20 years of being a Mariners fan has taught me a few things.

This just in Cory Hart just grounded out again with the bases loaded.

I tried to edit my post, but the button wasn't there. I saw this posted by seattlecoug. Seeing it written down makes it feel that much more disgusting.

Quintana, Noesi, Correria, Hughes, Gibson, Pino. Those starters gave up 3 combined runs to us, 4 of them shut us out

hawkfan1073

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, good job writing off a team that currently is in playoff contention. Do you REALLY think that the Mariners weren't going to lose 4 games in a row the rest of the season? Do you think that their offense isn't going to go through ups and downs. Overall I am pretty pleased with the first half. Some offensive things need to be fixed but overall I like the direction this team is heading.
If you only are concerned with winning the world series THIS YEAR then by all means FREAK OUT!!! but if you realize that this isn't going to be their year then you can be pleasantly surprised by this team.

In other words, "It's just baseball, man.....relax and enjoy it"

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, good job writing off a team that currently is in playoff contention. Do you REALLY think that the Mariners weren't going to lose 4 games in a row the rest of the season? Do you think that their offense isn't going to go through ups and downs. Overall I am pretty pleased with the first half. Some offensive things need to be fixed but overall I like the direction this team is heading.
If you only are concerned with winning the world series THIS YEAR then by all means FREAK OUT!!! but if you realize that this isn't going to be their year then you can be pleasantly surprised by this team.

In other words, "It's just baseball, man.....relax and enjoy it"

You must not of read my second post. HECTOR NOESI man, Hector Noesi.....

hawkfan1073

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must not of read my second post. HECTOR NOESI man, Hector Noesi.....

Yeah? And?

You forget that Hector Noesi is a professional and that although he may have SUCKED for us he is under a different coaching staff that potentially could pull the potential out of the guy....
I couldn't stand Noesi when he was with the Mariners...every time he took the mound I counted it a loss (even when he came in relief with a lead) but that doesn't mean that he can't excel with another team...right?
(see: change of scenery)

I could also counter your argument with the fact that the Mariners have beaten Jarred Weaver, CJ Wilson(twice), Scott Kazmir, Max Scherzer, David Price and John Lackey to name a few.

As much as losing to Noesi doesn't make us a bad team...beating all those pitchers doesn't mean we are a great team either.

Point: A 4 game losing streak with dismal offense does NOT mean the end of the season.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah? And?

You forget that Hector Noesi is a professional and that although he may have SUCKED for us he is under a different coaching staff that potentially could pull the potential out of the guy....
I couldn't stand Noesi when he was with the Mariners...every time he took the mound I counted it a loss (even when he came in relief with a lead) but that doesn't mean that he can't excel with another team...right?
(see: change of scenery)

I could also counter your argument with the fact that the Mariners have beaten Jarred Weaver, CJ Wilson(twice), Scott Kazmir, Max Scherzer, David Price and John Lackey to name a few.

As much as losing to Noesi doesn't make us a bad team...beating all those pitchers doesn't mean we are a great team either.

Point: A 4 game losing streak with dismal offense does NOT mean the end of the season.

Your point A is correct. And Im not quite sure why your getting so worked up.

My Point is we have oakland coming in to continue our offenses losing ways. Which leads to the ASB whch will give them a nice break to sit back and lament and stew on it. And what exactly in the Mariners history tells you they will pull it out.

They may. And I would be happy. But history tells us this is the beginning of the end. Sorry I am glass half empty with this franchise until proven otherwise or the team is sold.

I am happy that your not that way. It sucks to be this miserable about your team in the sport thats your first love. But this franchise does that to you.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hard to know what's real with this team

not sure how else to say that upgrading the offense (hopefully with an outfielder) is the single most important priority for this team

hawkfan1073

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Im not quite sure why your getting so worked up.

And what exactly in the Mariners history tells you they will pull it out.

Sorry I am glass half empty with this franchise until proven otherwise or the team is sold.

I'm totally not worked up...I am sorry if aggression is coming through the interwebz but honestly I don't BLAME you for being disappointed. Maybe I argue in a way that comes across as harsh but I love the Mariners and even when they are playing shitty(most of the time) I still love them and still have hope because we have some really great players (Seager, Cano, Hernandez, Kuma,) and some on the way (Peterson, Jackson, Austin Wilson, Chris Taylor)

It is also frustrating seeing so many people on here so down on the M's when they are 6 games over .500 almost at the break....it hasn't been this good since 2003, so it is hard to see people dumping on a team playing good baseball.

Nothing in their history leads me to believe they will pull it out but why follow baseball if the only time you pay attention is when winning is a sure thing?

I used to be a glass half full guy until I realized that the glass is full all the time....50% water, 50% air....

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. This is NOT your usual Mariners. That team is usually irrelevant for the entire season.

If the season stopped now, the M's would be in the playoffs (and that's DESPITE their offensive woes). I'll take that as a Jays fans anyday.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm totally not worked up...I am sorry if aggression is coming through the interwebz but honestly I don't BLAME you for being disappointed. Maybe I argue in a way that comes across as harsh but I love the Mariners and even when they are playing shitty(most of the time) I still love them and still have hope because we have some really great players (Seager, Cano, Hernandez, Kuma,) and some on the way (Peterson, Jackson, Austin Wilson, Chris Taylor)

It is also frustrating seeing so many people on here so down on the M's when they are 6 games over .500 almost at the break....it hasn't been this good since 2003, so it is hard to see people dumping on a team playing good baseball.

Nothing in their history leads me to believe they will pull it out but why follow baseball if the only time you pay attention is when winning is a sure thing?

I used to be a glass half full guy until I realized that the glass is full all the time....50% water, 50% air....

Cheers brother. Lets hope for a good series against the A's and maybe a couple of runs for the king tonight!

hawkfan1073

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cheers brother. Lets hope for a good series against the A's and maybe a couple of runs for the king tonight!

Right on....Felix, Kuma, Young match up well against Scmhardjiaiahuphaoifgh, Grey and Chavez imo....

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team has a bad series. The thing with the M's in the recent past is that when things go bad it snowballs to 10+ game losing streaks. This series is huge and hopefully we at least get a split against the best team in MLB right now.