• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

here is alot of my reasoning right here

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on what you are trying to accomplish. If its about putting the best player on the field, then RG3 should be able to win an open comp IF he is the player you think he is. If not, then telling him its his job no matter what can damage the entire team.

Shark, for me in terms of Griff, it's about the time frame you have determined is valid for a 'bust' label. Also that any opportunity to be negative about Griff, you seem to relish doing so.

I want an equal amount of praise posts, if we see some progress from him this year. I'll demand it ;)

We are talking about a QB who had a rookie year never before seen in the NFL and a second year, recovering from and playing on a second acl tear...with a brace. How is this enough time to label any player anything?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark, for me in terms of Griff, it's about the time frame you have determined is valid for a 'bust' label. Also that any opportunity to be negative about Griff, you seem to relish doing so.

I want an equal amount of praise posts, if we see some progress from him this year. I'll demand it ;)

We are talking about a QB who had a rookie year never before seen in the NFL and a second year, recovering from and playing on a second acl tear...with a brace. How is this enough time to label any player anything?

Cali.. I havent labeled him a bust. But I also dont think he is the savior.

I do think he is a spoiled narcissistic brat, and ultimately if he doesnt produce this year I think THAT trait is what will make him a bust.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on dude... you really think we couldnt plug McCoy in and get 6 wins out of this team?? If Rg3 is a franchise QB, this team should at least compete for the division this year. Otherwise he really is just Average Bob I would think.

this team won 3 games last year when everyone proclaimed it to be a contender . we have finished last 5 of 6 years dead last doubling our win total would be a good thing if you are thinking of this as a rebuild as you should

this kind of thinking from skins fans almost always comes back to bite you thinking we are better then what we are

we have age on defense , and we are weak in the secondary . you guys hope for an avg defense and think colt mccoy will drum up 28 points a game ?

the o/line is questionable at at least 4 spots / depth at TE isnt there .

RG3 isnt at the point in his career where he can overcome that nor is KC for that matter

i still say we are 6-10 until proven otherwise . and this pre season didnt lead me to believe we have 10 wins in us

i am sorry but after one rookie season for the ages and one mediocre i am not ready to write the guy off

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note, I wonder where Seattle would be ringht now if they had said.. .well we committed $10 million guaranteed to Matt Flynn, so he has to be the starter no matter what.

I cant stand the Seahawks, but I think we should look real hard at what they did at the QB situation and ask if RG3 is capable of allowing himself to play like Wilson. If he isnt, then we should stop kidding ourselves.

I get exactly what you're saying here, its important to have the courage to make the tough, unpopular decision, to have the courage to quickly cut your losses when it becomes clear thats the right thing to do. Point accepted.

But this situation is not exactly like Seattle. First off, Matt Flynn played about 2 good games and parlayed that into his fat contract. RGIII was a Heisman Trophy winner, graded incredibly high as a draft prospect, and then was a Pro Bowler as a rookie. Lets not forget what his ceiling and potential still are when comparing him to Matt Flynn.

And Kirk Cousins is hardly Russell Wilson, who played almost perfectly as a rookie, starting in preseason, while Flynn struggled early on, so the decision wasn't that hard. Wilson also improved slightly in his 2nd year while Cousins did not improve, he regressed. Wilson is nearly mistake free, Cousins is mistake prone. Cousins is simply not a guy you abandon the incumbent for after his brief and unspectacular showings so far.

As far as an open competition, sure... NEXT YEAR. This year was not the time to do that. Cousins hasn't earned that. We need to be open minded to move on from RGIII when that time is right. That time is not now. It may be next summer, but its not now. And Cousins just hasn't showed that he deserves to start over RGIII, this short preseason not withstanding. The greater body of work does not support Cousins.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get exactly what you're saying here, its important to have the courage to make the tough, unpopular decision, to have the courage to quickly cut your losses when it becomes clear thats the right thing to do. Point accepted.

But this situation is not exactly like Seattle. First off, Matt Flynn played about 2 good games and parlayed that into his fat contract. RGIII was a Heisman Trophy winner, graded incredibly high as a draft prospect, and then was a Pro Bowler as a rookie. Lets not forget what his ceiling and potential still are when comparing him to Matt Flynn.

And Kirk Cousins is hardly Russell Wilson, who played almost perfectly as a rookie, starting in preseason, while Flynn struggled early on, so the decision wasn't that hard. Wilson also improved slightly in his 2nd year while Cousins did not improve, he regressed. Wilson is nearly mistake free, Cousins is mistake prone. Cousins is simply not a guy you abandon the incumbent for after his brief and unspectacular showings so far.

As far as an open competition, sure... NEXT YEAR. This year was not the time to do that. Cousins hasn't earned that. We need to be open minded to move on from RGIII when that time is right. That time is not now. It may be next summer, but its not now. And Cousins just hasn't showed that he deserves to start over RGIII, this short preseason not withstanding. The greater body of work does not support Cousins.

Wow, my brother from another mother...:suds: well said, I agree

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this team won 3 games last year when everyone proclaimed it to be a contender . we have finished last 5 of 6 years dead last doubling our win total would be a good thing if you are thinking of this as a rebuild as you should

this kind of thinking from skins fans almost always comes back to bite you thinking we are better then what we are

we have age on defense , and we are weak in the secondary . you guys hope for an avg defense and think colt mccoy will drum up 28 points a game ?

the o/line is questionable at at least 4 spots / depth at TE isnt there .

RG3 isnt at the point in his career where he can overcome that nor is KC for that matter

i still say we are 6-10 until proven otherwise . and this pre season didnt lead me to believe we have 10 wins in us

i am sorry but after one rookie season for the ages and one mediocre i am not ready to write the guy off

And I say with the amount of firepower given to him, if this team remains relatively health we could get six wins with you at QB Skinsdad. If we were running the same system as in his rookie year, I might have faith. If he showed the ability of Wilson or Kaep, I might have faith. We dont run that offense any more, and he hasnt shown those abilities. Still with the talent around him, we should contend for the Division and we both know it... unless he isnt as good as you think he is.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still waiting for the Cousins apologists to give valid reason as to why he deserves to be part of an open competition next year. Other than the fact that he is not RGIII that is.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I say with the amount of firepower given to him, if this team remains relatively health we could get six wins with you at QB Skinsdad. If we were running the same system as in his rookie year, I might have faith. If he showed the ability of Wilson or Kaep, I might have faith. We dont run that offense any more, and he hasnt shown those abilities. Still with the talent around him, we should contend for the Division and we both know it... unless he isnt as good as you think he is.

Please give me your assessment of the offensive line.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cali.. I havent labeled him a bust. But I also dont think he is the savior.

I do think he is a spoiled narcissistic brat, and ultimately if he doesnt produce this year I think THAT trait is what will make him a bust.

he is spoiled based on what ? the anonymous sources and the pillars of truthfulness they are ? you cant be that much of a sap to buy that .

rg3's teammates like him as their actions speak not some cowards word hiding behind CSI operations

the guy works his tail off . period , not the actions of a cancerous narcissist.

you are angry at him because he didnt come in here and walk on water and he proves your philosophy of gutting drafts for" franchise " qbs is faulty as if you didnt learn from the sanchez and bradford debates

you build the LOS then you go get your savior tannehill

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please give me your assessment of the offensive line.

I think our offensive line is good at run blocking, and likely to be average at pass blocking. I know you will say its the worst line in the NFL, but thats defend the RG3 talking as there were quite a few worse lines last year and likely will be quite a few more this year. All in all I would say our line is average.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure we know exactly what this offense will look like. Iv'e said a few times, despite the preseason which admittedly was awful, when the real bullets fly, we have yet to see what Gruden does in terms of game planning or came calling. He could be the next Jim Zorn or the next Joe Gibbs (v1) or the next anybody in between.

There is one thing no one can dispute. RGIII looked terrible trying to be a pure pocket passer in the preseason. We'll see how much that really matters when September is done.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:wtf:

Interesting that you already know what type of offense we will be running and how Griff will perform, before a snap has occurred.

Since we are rolling out a new offensive scheme with a new HC and new WRs added this year, wouldn't it be wise to wait to see what it looks like?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf:

Interesting that you already know what type of offense we will be running and how Griff will perform, before a snap has occurred.

Since we are rolling out a new offensive scheme with a new HC and new WRs added this year, wouldn't it be wise to wait to see what it looks like?

I feel safe in saying that we wont see the offense we ran in 2012. Rg3 hasnt shown an ability to read defenses or a willingness to simply throw the ball away on a bad or busted play.

Or do you disagree??

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel safe in saying that we wont see the offense we ran in 2012. Rg3 hasnt shown an ability to read defenses or a willingness to simply throw the ball away on a bad or busted play.

Or do you disagree??

Yes I do disagree.

My guess is we will see a hybrid of 2012 and whatever Jay has up his sleeve.

And Griff did show progress with his route trees and reading what the defense was giving him. Not near enough, but there was progress. We saw a few gorgeous passes to receivers who were not the first read. And in game 3, he did not immediately take off and run when his first option was not there.

Not saying there aren't a lot of things to work on. But there was some progress in a style of QBing that is new to Griff.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I do disagree.

My guess is we will see a hybrid of 2012 and whatever Jay has up his sleeve.

And Griff did show progress with his route trees and reading what the defense was giving him. Not near enough, but there was progress. We saw a few gorgeous passes to receivers who were not the first read. And in game 3, he did not immediately take off and run when his first option was not there.

Not saying there aren't a lot of things to work on. But there was some progress in a style of QBing that is new to Griff.

Cali.. in game three he took two no contact sacks instead of simply throwing the ball away.

I dont hate the kid really. But this all out defense and Robert can do no wrong or you arent really a Skins fan does make me wish even more we had never made the trade for him.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our offensive line is good at run blocking, and likely to be average at pass blocking. I know you will say its the worst line in the NFL, but thats defend the RG3 talking as there were quite a few worse lines last year and likely will be quite a few more this year. All in all I would say our line is average.

No those lines poor Jason Campbell played behind were much worse.

I'd say average is being generous. I see Trent who is solid, a LG who Browns fans were laughing at the Redskins for giving him that kind of deal. You know it's bad when a Browns fan is laughing at you; Lich is an average center and the right side is downright bad. One good player out of 5 is below average. I think Griff will have a real problem with pressure and that hardly makes his assessment fair if he struggles under pressure. Most young QBs have that problem.

All in all it's a good offense but that OL and it's pass blocking make if far from the great offense some here are implying. Not even close really.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont hate the kid really. But this all out defense and Robert can do no wrong or you arent really a Skins fan does make me wish even more we had never made the trade for him.

I'm new here and in one afternoon I can see that you most definitely hate the guy. Calling the QB of your team, the driving force in determining our fate, "Bob" ( a clear term of disrespect) and "a spoiled narcissistic brat" were pretty good clues.

It really bugs me how quickly Redskins fans have turned on the guy after what he did just 18 months ago and after a year when he played hurt. It's as if I wondered onto the Philly board by mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm new here and in one afternoon I can see that you most definitely hate the guy. Calling the QB of your team, the driving force in determining our fate, "Bob" ( a clear term of disrespect) and "a spoiled narcissistic brat" were pretty good clues.

It really bugs me how quickly Redskins fans have turned on the guy after what he did just 18 months ago and after a year when he played hurt. It's as if I wondered onto the Philly board by mistake.

I will give you a little insite then. I learned to hate Jason Campbell because people constantly made excuses for him. I do think the trade was a mistake. And while you see a talented kid who had a brilliant rookie season. I see a combination of Vick and McNabb that benefited from a coach putting together an offense to fit his skill set. I think 2013 was closer to what we get from RG3 as a pocket passer.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cali.. in game three he took two no contact sacks instead of simply throwing the ball away.

I do not doubt your skins fandom. I've posted with you, way too long for that.

But I don't get the nickname disrespect at all. Not the way I choose to support the team or our QB while the verdict is still out as to who he is. I get that you think he is already that guy. Guess that's why you use them.

Doesn't surprise me at all, if other skins fans don't like it. Or if they call you on it. You can't honestly expect no response from posters when you choose to use them?

I despise it from a rival, it's really hard to see a fellow fan do it. Especially when I know you aren't using it in jest.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great article. I'm posting it here as well

Last edited by a moderator: