• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

here is alot of my reasoning right here

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the fact that I can't go back and edit a post a few minutes later. Dang, putting a muzzle on me is torture, torture I tell 'ya

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a big fan of the Cousins pick too so I'm no hater. But I will never believe that a change is needed after week 6. Again they have too much invested in RGIII. To bail after 36 games, half of which were very good games for Griff, is a panic move, period.

As for "Bob" sure he may have been called that when he was 14 but make no mistake, it's a slur now. The only time I"ve seen it used is proceeding critical comments about Griffin. Find me posts where it was used in a pro-Griffin context and I'll think about reconsidering.

If you are work in an everyday job and you have an employee who makes mistake after mistake you don't keep giving him work year after year even if he has credentials from an Ivy league school. No different than Robert. If and I emphasise "if" he continues to struggle you just don't give him a 5 year pass, that is ridiculous.

I am not going to look for former articles but I remember in his first year someone asking him about being called RGIII and he said he was called Bob at Baylor so your 14 comment is wrong. I remember thinking that was odd because I had always heard him referred to as Bob. You are doing the same thing as those who don't like the name Redskins. You are seeing trouble where there isn't any. I just heard Chick Hernandez refer to him as Bob this morning.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not Bob that bothers me at all. I refer to him as Griff most of the time cuz it's easier to type...

It's names such as SuperBob, RGMe, and the like...that always makes me lift an eyebrow in surprise when I hear them coming from skins fans themselves. I get criticizing your own team, I'm not that much of a homer. But I just never understood that type of denigration of your own players, unless done in a obviously joking manner.

I expect those nicknames from rival fans, still don't like it...but we all mess with other teams star players and team names in that way, so I guess I understand it better in that context...

I suspect it's often just about ones personal sense of humor and take on things.

I will add that it often DOES happen when one of your teams players consistently shows a propensity for a specific style of behavior. A good example would be MeAngelo Hall (tho I think DHall has long since matured and outgrown that nickname during his stint in DC) ..still I don't personally choose to use those type of nicknames, regardless.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Griffin looked good in an offense tailored to his skill set. He looked average at best in a more traditional offense. I have never said that Cousins is the answer, but if you dont have questions as to if griffin can ever be more than an option QB based on what we have seen, then I would suggest getting the homer glasses cleaned.

Where in the world would you get the idea that I have no questions as to Griffin being the franchise? I've only been here a few weeks but I've made it plainly clear he has questions, he has clear things he needs to improve upon, and that anyone who is concerned about the price of the trade vs the value we got has a legit point. I've said all those things, so there is no homer glasses fogging up my view.

Griffin has a LOT of improving to do with his pocket passing skillset to be what we really need him to be - worth the price we paid. That's undeniable, and I'd be happy to delineate all the detailed specifics if you want to play QB Coach. What's debatable, is can/will he make those improvements. That's the crux of the discussion. Anyone who thinks they already have that final answer has a different set of blinders on.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where in the world would you get the idea that I have no questions as to Griffin being the franchise? I've only been here a few weeks but I've made it plainly clear he has questions, he has clear things he needs to improve upon, and that anyone who is concerned about the price of the trade vs the value we got has a legit point. I've said all those things, so there is no homer glasses fogging up my view.

Griffin has a LOT of improving to do with his pocket passing skillset to be what we really need him to be - worth the price we paid. That's undeniable, and I'd be happy to delineate all the detailed specifics if you want to play QB Coach. What's debatable, is can/will he make those improvements. That's the crux of the discussion. Anyone who thinks they already have that final answer has a different set of blinders on.

Great post KSD

:suds: :agree:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KSD... the you was a metaphorical you. Not directed at you or and other person in particular. I agree that no one can say for sure that Griffin wont some day get it. But by the same token, those blinders also apply for those that think he will just get it and be worth the price we paid. Most gambling men would actually say the odds are against him simply for the fact that for the deal to be worth it, He would need to at least equal what Eli has done if not surpass it considering that before we made the deal to get Griffin, the Giants deal to get Manning was the largest draft deal ever made for a QB.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the heck is a Cousins apologist, someone that questions whether Griffin is capable? What a turn of phrase that is. dad has been telling us for near a year that Cousins sucks because he has bad stats in three games but we need to give Griffin more time and we need to stop being haters.

First of all and there is ZERO arguing this, there has never been a competition for the QB job the last three years Griffin was announced the starter before they ever hit the field. If there was an open competition Cousins probably would have one during their first training camp and certainly this years based solely on what we have seen in training camp. We as fans have nothing else to go by. Once again Gruden has said since he got here that Griffin is the number one QB.

Now I am not advocating for Cousins to be the starter. I get it, the team has a lot invested in Griffin and they want to give him a chance. Gruden says he believes that Griffin has more of an upside. I won't argue that.

dad started this thread out by saying not enough people were behind Griffin then telling us we needed to be patient and stop being haters etc. etc. Then he detailed how Cousins was nothing more than a back up which he proved in three games at the end of the year. Don't get me wrong, I like dad, he has been a part of the forums since I have been involved. I even respect him for going to bat for his guys. Why people are trying to justify how good Griffin is by trashing Cousins mystifies me.

Here is what we know, Griffins first year he was better than we could imagine, year 2 was a big let down for many reasons. In two days he'll go on the field and we'll see what he has. Lets wait and see what happens, this has been played out on the forum since last year. The only place we are going to find who has what is on the field and there isn't a QB on the team that can stand on their laurels from last year.

what dont you get sportster ? this will be the 3rd time that the beginning of the TOM BOSWELL ARTICLE, i said to ignore the KC stuff and focus on the last part of the blog . can i not make that anymore clear to you or anyone ?

putting up KC 's stats is NOT trashing him . if you put up both qbs numbers head to head RG3 is better even in his CRAP year . and again he had the opportunity and the motivation to play well vs teams that were in the very same circumstance we were in . KC didnt sieze it . that doesnt mean i think he sucks . it means he wasnt ready .

KC failing doesnt help this team in any way but this all goes back to how hard you want to fight for your position in a debate .

you cant come out and fight hard for your side of and issue ,then have me come back and defend my position hard then play the "i am trashing someone card " when i can just as easily flip that card around on you

you have no idea what is in another teams collective hearts . there is no way to measure that hence it is a subjective opinion . to say the skins or the other teams "werent trying " is mostly BS or at best cant be proven and is subjective

a stat , on the other hand can be proven . it is a tangible and measurable making it a fact

the fact is RG3's numbers are better then KC's even in the so called "bad year " that isnt bashing its presenting the evidence to back my claim

the truth is both qbs need more time . the jury isnt in on either of them

i have said over and over that Rg3 is playing like tavarus jackson

i also dont go and say that Rg3 success in year one is based solely on a play the ran 10 % of the time i have put up the numbers on it time and time again . FACTS , not subjective opinion . and i dont use that to downgrade a persons accomplishments to support my view . so dont talk to me about denigrating another player to build up another when you have done that yourself and you used subjectivity to do it

and to compare a professional athlete to an everyday persons job is foolish our jobs dont require an athletic skill to accomp[lish the task hence most people can and in fact do it their everyday jobs . not everyone can throw a football 75 yds down field in the face of a pass rush . the risk for failure is much higher

tell me how long you would keep a job if you did it right 68% of the time ? but in pro football that is elite . you cant compare the 2

Last edited by a moderator:

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KSD... the you was a metaphorical you. Not directed at you or and other person in particular. I agree that no one can say for sure that Griffin wont some day get it. But by the same token, those blinders also apply for those that think he will just get it and be worth the price we paid. Most gambling men would actually say the odds are against him simply for the fact that for the deal to be worth it, He would need to at least equal what Eli has done if not surpass it considering that before we made the deal to get Griffin, the Giants deal to get Manning was the largest draft deal ever made for a QB.

Fair enough, and no offense taken at being called "metaphorical" :lol:

My position on RGIII is simple. He has mountains of potential, he works hard and he's smart, but he has some flaws that drive me crazy, and he has a long way to go to become a good pocket passer. Early signs of his development as a pocket passer are not encouraging, its not coming naturally to him. I think the light can come on for him, I hope the light does come on for him, but I am not convinced it will come on for him. And we most definitely need it to come on for him, or else the trade will have been a swing and a miss.

I just remember some of the stretches of brilliant, flawless play last year, especially vs our NCFE rivals, and the first 10 minutes vs the Seahawks, and I am hopeful he can get back to that level of play... no matter how they have to tailor the offense to his skills. He had some teams grasping at straws that year, I hope he gets back there.

Not convinced he will... just hopeful. Really it comes down to how good of a coach is Gruden?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going rehash anymore. This thread has been beat to death since the end of last season. Game is tomorrow at 1:00. I expect a big turn around from last year. If he succeeds everyone will be happy and all this BS will history. If he struggles the whispers will get louder.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My position on RGIII is simple. He has mountains of potential, he works hard and he's smart, but he has some flaws that drive me crazy, and he has a long way to go to become a good pocket passer. Early signs of his development as a pocket passer are not encouraging, its not coming naturally to him. I think the light can come on for him, I hope the light does come on for him, but I am not convinced it will come on for him. And we most definitely need it to come on for him, or else the trade will have been a swing and a miss.

I just remember some of the stretches of brilliant, flawless play last year, especially vs our NCFE rivals, and the first 10 minutes vs the Seahawks, and I am hopeful he can get back to that level of play... no matter how they have to tailor the offense to his skills. He had some teams grasping at straws that year, I hope he gets back there.

Not convinced he will... just hopeful. Really it comes down to how good of a coach is Gruden?

KSD, this pretty well sums up my feelings on Robert. Because of his freakish athletic abilities and his hard work, I given him a 60-70% chance of becoming a very good QB. His rookie year, I would have given him a 90% chance. I believe its all up to Robert and if he can change his mental makeup. He needs to swallow a bit of humble pie and realize its not all about him. He is a very important cog in the machinery, but his role is not to be the one that does it all. His role is to get the ball into the hands of the unbelievable talent he has around him. If/when he realizes that, he will be on his way.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really great post KSD. I agree.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree: I agree, well said. Nothing more needs to be said.