• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heinicke Starting

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the Wentz move b/c we upgraded at QB. Who is denying that? I proved RR wanted anybody but TH to start for this team. Why cant you understand that?
Stupid post.

Plenty of people are denying that Wentz is an upgrade over TH. It's a lateral move, clearly.
If RR wanted and wants anybody to start other than TH, then he'd start Howell. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Oh, I know why: you insistence on being argumentative and oppositional.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid post.

Plenty of people are denying that Wentz is an upgrade over TH. It's a lateral move, clearly.
If RR wanted and wants anybody to start other than TH, then he'd start Howell. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Most people on this board and in general said Wentz is anupgrade over TH. i'm proving RR is doing a 180 from the off season. Not being argumentative. IF you went to go get Wentz and draft a QB, cmon sense says you don't like your current QB roster.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most people on this board and in general said Wentz is anupgrade over TH. i'm proving RR is doing a 180 from the off season. Not being argumentative. IF you went to go get Wentz and draft a QB, cmon sense says you don't like your current QB roster.
If he didn’t like falco as a BU he would have cut him .

everyone with a brain in the nfl world thinks falco is a good BU QB

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he didn’t like falco as a BU he would have cut him .

everyone with a brain in the nfl world thinks falco is a good BU QB

there was no need to cut a cheap QB who knows your system., I thought RR had no intentions of playing this guy from what he did in the offseason

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid post.

Nothing to add Chiller and you nailed it.

Falling in love with Wentz by posters/fans was a massive mistake. It is foolish to view a QB as a savior when

He would be on his 3rd team in 3 years
We were the only team that approached the Colts

Rivera clearly was comfortable with TH as the backup or TH would have been cut or demoted to 3rd string. Not sure how else to put it?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there was no need to cut a cheap QB who knows your system., I thought RR had no intentions of playing this guy from what he did in the offseason
This isn't making any sense and you are contradicting yourself. We have all been saying that Falco knows the system. Pick a lane

Either Rivera is comfortable with TH as a backup because he knows the system OR Rivera has NO confidence in him and wants him off the team?

You were wrong about Rivera and his strategy with TH and everyone has been saying that.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't making any sense and you are contradicting yourself. We have all been saying that Falco knows the system. Pick a lane

Either Rivera is comfortable with TH as a backup because he knows the system OR Rivera has NO confidence in him and wants him off the team?

You were wrong about Rivera and his strategy with TH and everyone has been saying that.

Im wrong? He acquired Wentz and drafted a QB. Doesn't RR look like a total fool if TH plays well?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THen why draft a QB if you have the 5th best backup QB in the league? If Wentz underperformed or got hurt, you go to TH
We have been over this a million times and you answered this yourself yesterday.

Because:
Rivera doesn't KNOW Wentz is the long-term answer and he can be cut in 2023 with NO cap penalties
TH is a free agent in 2023. You yourself admitted that free agents might NOT want to sign with the current state of the team. That is the reason we had to trade for Wentz because we didn't know any free agent QB would want to play here.
It is wise to develop depth on a team
A rookie QB could literally sit on the sideline in 2022 and hold a clipboard while learning the system

I think you are confused because you are realizing that Wentz is NOT the answer and the trade should NEVER have been made. I think it is dawning on you now.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im wrong? He acquired Wentz and drafted a QB. Doesn't RR look like a total fool if TH plays well?
Rivera looks like a fool for a million reasons. I told you he was a terrible hire in 2020 and you disagreed with me. This was totally predictable from the get-go.

Your conclusion was wrong. Your post from #85 states:

I thought RR had no intentions of playing this guy from what he did in the offseason

TH is starting this weekend, as such, yes, you were incorrect in your thought process. I am NOT the biggest TH fan, but yes, it makes sense to start him now.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have been over this a million times and you answered this yourself yesterday.

Because:
Rivera doesn't KNOW Wentz is the long-term answer and he can be cut in 2023 with NO cap penalties
TH is a free agent in 2023. You yourself admitted that free agents might NOT want to sign with the current state of the team. That is the reason we had to trade for Wentz because we didn't know any free agent QB would want to play here.
It is wise to develop depth on a team
A rookie QB could literally sit on the sideline in 2022 and hold a clipboard while learning the system

I think you are confused because you are realizing that Wentz is NOT the answer and the trade should NEVER have been made. I think it is dawning on you now.

But if we have a top 10 pick this year most likely it would be used on a qb. So why draft Howell? If the Wentz plan failed, we will be picking high in the draft anyways to get a qb

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivera looks like a fool for a million reasons. I told you he was a terrible hire in 2020 and you disagreed with me. This was totally predictable from the get-go.

Your conclusion was wrong. Your post from #85 states:

I thought RR had no intentions of playing this guy from what he did in the offseason

TH is starting this weekend, as such, yes, you were incorrect in your thought process. I am NOT the biggest TH fan, but yes, it makes sense to start him now.

my thought process. what about RR's thought process

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my thought process. what about RR's thought process
I think Rivera has no clue what he is doing and has made matters worse in 3 years. Both coaching and GM responsibilities.

I might be the most anti-Rivera guy on the board.

That being said, I believe he is making the right choice with TH at this time. As much as it pains me, I agree with the decision.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if we have a top 10 pick this year most likely it would be used on a qb. So why draft Howell? If the Wentz plan failed, we will be picking high in the draft anyways to get a qb
Good question actually

My thoughts:

1. Rivera is thinking long-term (as a GM he should). He knows that TH Is a free agent in 2023 and that Wentz might NOT work out. As such, wanted to at least have 1 QB on the roster with system experience going into 2023 under a worst-case scenario. Even if 1 of the 2 left, Howell would be able to possibly address an opening as the starter or backup in 2023.
2. They might have a draft BPA mentality and Howell was the best player on their board.
3. Low risk/high reward. Either Howell COULD be a starter if Wentz failed or COULD be a replacement backup if TH left in 2023.
4. Backup upgrade. TH has his ups and downs as a QB and perhaps they view Howell as an upgrade in 2023 over TH.

I am open to any other theories here.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rivera has no clue what he is doing and has made matters worse in 3 years. Both coaching and GM responsibilities.

I might be the most anti-Rivera guy on the board.

That being said, I believe he is making the right choice with TH at this time. As much as it pains me, I agree with the decision.

Im starting to agree with you about RR. I dont agree at all with starting TH.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question actually

My thoughts:

1. Rivera is thinking long-term (as a GM he should). He knows that TH Is a free agent in 2023 and that Wentz might NOT work out. As such, wanted to at least have 1 QB on the roster with system experience going into 2023 under a worst-case scenario. Even if 1 of the 2 left, Howell would be able to possibly address an opening as the starter or backup in 2023.
2. They might have a draft BPA mentality and Howell was the best player on their board.
3. Low risk/high reward. Either Howell COULD be a starter if Wentz failed or COULD be a replacement backup if TH left in 2023.
4. Backup upgrade. TH has his ups and downs as a QB and perhaps they view Howell as an upgrade in 2023 over TH.

I am open to any other theories here.

Good points. I dont think TH is on this roster next year unless he plays really well right now. IF there is a new coach TH is definitely not coming back., Regardless we are draft a QB in the 1st round next year.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im starting to agree with you about RR. I dont agree at all with starting TH.
I will say this, it is NOT his fault he had no experience running a front office. He is a football coach.

As you and I both know, some coaches, for whatever reason, secretly want to have full control over a team and run every aspect of it. Many have tried and failed.

I firmly believe that Rivera wanted to take a better option, but, Snyder offered full control and he took it. Rivera wanted full control and he got it. It has been an unmitigated disaster ever since.

The best teams are run by a GM or a GM/coach duo. If fired, which I hope, Rivera will leave the team with no cap room and a mediocre roster.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points. I dont think TH is on this roster next year unless he plays really well right now. IF there is a new coach TH is definitely not coming back., Regardless we are draft a QB in the 1st round next year.
I agree 100% with your thoughts here.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this, it is NOT his fault he had no experience running a front office. He is a football coach.

As you and I both know, some coaches, for whatever reason, secretly want to have full control over a team and run every aspect of it. Many have tried and failed.

I firmly believe that Rivera wanted to take a better option, but, Snyder offered full control and he took it. Rivera wanted full control and he got it. It has been an unmitigated disaster ever since.

The best teams are run by a GM or a GM/coach duo. If fired, which I hope, Rivera will leave the team with no cap room and a mediocre roster.

I Agree with that. IMO RR would have never taken the job if he didnt get full control

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100% with your thoughts here.

The thing is Wentz might not get a chance to come back and play b/c of the future draft pick compensation. If TH stinks it up, then when Wentz is healthy,does he give Wentz another shot or go with Howell. Another reason I wanted to go with Howell right now. Let Howell play these four games while Wentz is out. If he does well, he stays as QB1. If not, you still can play Wentz and monitor his starting status.