• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heinicke Starting

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to love fans ... I do, I am one. :D

I am not sure who lives in the DC area. First there are not a lot of Washington fans around anymore but the call in radio sports shows momentum is swinging towards TH. Understandable, it is a great story .... almost Rudy part two. Kid can't stay healthy, isn't good enough to even start for an XFL team. Many of us love an underdog ... unless we can get a Mahomes or Allen. Here we are again with a limited QB hoping he will give us more than .... well anyone the past 5 years.

This statement is not support for one or the other, last year Wentz threw 27 TDs and 7 Ints while TH threw 20 TDs and 15 Ints.

Anyhow, this made me think back to RR and his band of merry QBs.
Haskins - a Snyder pick forced on him
Allen - he traded for him, kid got hurt and couldn't get on the field again .... gone
Smith - amazing comeback but didn't work
Heinicke - called off his sister couch for two games .... what a story

2nd year
RR can't get Stafford in trade
Fitzpatrick - RR decides a veteran like Fitz is relatively cheap and has experience. It doesn't last a half
Heinicke- good try, 7-10, he is limited but he gives all he has .... he doesn't have enough

This year
Can't get Wilson, decides against Jimmy G
Wentz - not bad considering no one wants to be here but they over pay and out with injury after 6 games
Heinicke - gets another turn due to injury
Howell - wait and see, there are some things to like but I think most of us thought he should sit at least one year.

The two years before RR were full of QB intrigue also 3 or 4 QBs each year

Maybe Cousins wasn't so bad after all. :noidea::D

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to love fans ... I do, I am one. :D

I am not sure who lives in the DC area. First there are not a lot of Washington fans around anymore but the call in radio sports shows momentum is swinging towards TH. Understandable, it is a great story .... almost Rudy part two. Kid can't stay healthy, isn't good enough to even start for an XFL team. Many of us love an underdog ... unless we can get a Mahomes or Allen. Here we are again with a limited QB hoping he will give us more than .... well anyone the past 5 years.

This statement is not support for one or the other, last year Wentz threw 27 TDs and 7 Ints while TH threw 20 TDs and 15 Ints.

Anyhow, this made me think back to RR and his band of merry QBs.
Haskins - a Snyder pick forced on him
Allen - he traded for him, kid got hurt and couldn't get on the field again .... gone
Smith - amazing comeback but didn't work
Heinicke - called off his sister couch for two games .... what a story

2nd year
RR can't get Stafford in trade
Fitzpatrick - RR decides a veteran like Fitz is relatively cheap and has experience. It doesn't last a half
Heinicke- good try, 7-10, he is limited but he gives all he has .... he doesn't have enough

This year
Can't get Wilson, decides against Jimmy G
Wentz - not bad considering no one wants to be here but they over pay and out with injury after 6 games
Heinicke - gets another turn due to injury
Howell - wait and see, there are some things to like but I think most of us thought he should sit at least one year.

The two years before RR were full of QB intrigue also 3 or 4 QBs each year

Maybe Cousins wasn't so bad after all. :noidea::D
i still live in the DMV and i listen to 980 and 106.7. the callers are on board with TH over howell until they are eliminated from playoff contention. everyone hates snyder and wants a new owner.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, far as best back up QBs Rush has playedhimself up to the top of the list or very close to it. The only player who should be ranked a head would be Geno Smith if he were still under back up status.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, far as best back up QBs Rush has playedhimself up to the top of the list or very close to it. The only player who should be ranked a head would be Geno Smith if he were still under back up status.
I did not pay attention to when that article was written. It could be it was before he filled in for Dak. The kid did a good job.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not pay attention to when that article was written. It could be it was before he filled in for Dak. The kid did a good job.
Its all good. Its a fair article and couldn't take this year's play into consideration as it was written in Aug. I guessx we're gonna find out now whether Taylor needs to moved up, down or taken off the list altogether if he can play well enough to remain the Skins starter. I'm not seeing that and its partly why I'd prefer Howell get his shot now when the games mean something. As opposed to when they mean nothing and a truly accurate assessment will be harder to gauge. I could be wrong though n I'm OK with that.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not because it makes the Wentz trade look even more horrible if Heinicke does well
Going under the assumption that RR is trying to save his gig. Big assumption possibly right there. I can't imagine that he's hoping the Skins go 0-4 or 1-5 while Wince's finger heals up.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF they win, 1st reporter question will be: " why didn't you make a change sooner coach"? No?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a huge assumption we win anything . We still suck

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you insinuating RR won't be rooting for Taylor tomorrow?

I'm just insinuating that from that tweet post that everyone is rooting for him, but this offseason RR wanted to go a different route. Of course, RR is going to stand behind him now. This is what I meant but a complete 180 on this guy.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF they win, 1st reporter question will be: " why didn't you make a change sooner coach"? No?

Ot why did you go get Wentz? When TH was already on the roster. If TH wins today that would mean he would have beaten Brady last year and Rodgers this year, Wow!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At best Falco goes 2-2 .

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At best Falco goes 2-2 .

If TH goes 2-2, getting his second win in four games, theb he will have performed 33% better than Wentz, who didnt get his second win until his sixth game.

All I’m saying is that Scott Turner better have a different fucking set of plays for TH to run than he did for Wentz: boots, rollouts, reverses, options, etc.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just listened to his post game interview. The guy if fun. He doesn't have the best tools but he is a gamer. A win helps set the narrative. TH had a QB rating of 85.5 yesterday. Wentz was above that in three of his games and below it three games. The narrative seems to be that Wentz sucks and Heinicke is a gamer and gives them a chance. :noidea: It is obvious that TH is seeing plays Wentz is not seeing yet.

Until they prove me wrong the D is carrying the team. They aren't perfect but they have been playing better. They gave up 7 last week and 14 yesterday.