• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heinicke Starting

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it was preseason, did you see Howell's escapability and toughness. You watching the same guy or just regurgitating other peoples crap?

I am agreeing that TH gets one more chance because he knows the offense. Something neither Wentz or Howell has the same amount of time in. We'll see how it goes.

Okay, I am eating my share of crow, he did take 9 sacks in three games but he did run for 100 yards.
First of all, I love Howell and I think he can be good. I have said that for a while.

I did see some of his mobility at UNC and in the preseason. I think he has more talent than TH as well.
That being said, I believe TH is more elusive and quicker than Howell at this time. I believe Howell would be shellshocked and we would see Patrick Ramsey 2.0 if Howell started right now.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heinicke just doesn't have the arm or accuracy this is gonna be a shit show and RR will start Wentz again when healthy costing us that 2nd rounder

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heinicke just doesn't have the arm or accuracy this is gonna be a shit show and RR will start Wentz again when healthy costing us that 2nd rounder
That possibly is definitely in the cards. Lol

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats not the point! The point is RR gave up on TH and would of did anything for him not to be the starter here. Some fans were happy with the acquisition of Wentz b/c at the time they thought we upgraded at QB. TH starting makes the Wentz trade worst b/c if RR believed in TH he would have never made crazy trade offers to acquire another QB. The Wentz trade said that the team doesn't believe in TH. Thats how I took it. Now all of a sudden RR believes in TH. Wentz is not totally at fault for the 2-4 record. The team has failed around him, and you can pick a number of areas.
i dont deny that at all . i was told wince was the answer . i was told we would get 11 wins , i was told the trade was the best trade in years . i think everyone has an idea of who and what falco is

but the ugly truth is we are no better off with wince at 2-4 then we were with falco . we could be 0-6 but 2 wins happen and no doubt falco gets us 2 wins this year .

so the trade i said wasnt good is proving to be just that no good

now starting howell is a concession to the season being over . at this point the team has to believe falco can keep them in it

no coach with a grain of salt in his head is going to keep the better guy on the bench when his ass is on the line RR 's future in DC is tenuous at best .

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, I love Howell and I think he can be good. I have said that for a while.

I did see some of his mobility at UNC and in the preseason. I think he has more talent than TH as well.
That being said, I believe TH is more elusive and quicker than Howell at this time. I believe Howell would be shellshocked and we would see Patrick Ramsey 2.0 if Howell started right now.
I think Howell is a pretty tough guys. It was one of the things I was impressed with when he was at NC.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Howell is a pretty tough guys. It was one of the things I was impressed with when he was at NC.
I think he might be a long term fit for us...I don't know.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont deny that at all . i was told wince was the answer . i was told we would get 11 wins , i was told the trade was the best trade in years . i think everyone has an idea of who and what falco is

but the ugly truth is we are no better off with wince at 2-4 then we were with falco . we could be 0-6 but 2 wins happen and no doubt falco gets us 2 wins this year .

so the trade i said wasnt good is proving to be just that no good

now starting howell is a concession to the season being over . at this point the team has to believe falco can keep them in it

no coach with a grain of salt in his head is going to keep the better guy on the bench when his ass is on the line RR 's future in DC is tenuous at best .

I said could be a good trade. We could get 11 wins. If RR has a idea on who TH is why go with him, if he said no to him in the off season? I agreed the draft capital and compensation was much but if ift upgraded get most important position on the team, i didnt care.

Your speculating the season would be over if we started Howell. RR knows first-hand in what he has with TH. Why draft Howell, if you had confidence in TH? Our coach basically said to TH, you are not good enough to start at QB so I will overpay in trade and compensation for Wentz. Plus, I am going to draft a QB who will probably replace you in 2023. Thas basically two screw yous to the guy and now he totally changes his mind about the guy.

If somehow TH plays well, then I think RR's ass is even hotter to get canned. RR totally went against his off-season reasoning about the QB position by starting TH right now.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howell was deemed “not ready” by the coach.
Not resigning TH to a backup role would be an error, in my opinion, unless you think you can find a 7 game winner as a backup qb elsewhere.

It isnt hard to understand, dean.

Our shit team is one game out of the playoffs, TH has won 7 games before, Howell is apparently not ready, and the team has a terrible oline.

I think its complete bullshit that Howell is not ready. TH was already signed this year, he wasn't resigned. RR screwed him over twice by trading for Wentz and drafting Howell. IF there was confidence in him those two things wouldn't have happened. If you believe our team is shit, then what is the upside in playing TH? I thought with the extra time this week they could have gotten Howell ready to play. TH got playing time b/c Fitz went down Howell should get his chance b/c Wentz went down. Don't get me wrong I will route for TH on Sunday, I was just surprised by the move after this offseason with RR.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its complete bullshit that Howell is not ready. TH was already signed this year, he wasn't resigned. RR screwed him over twice by trading for Wentz and drafting Howell. IF there was confidence in him those two things wouldn't have happened. If you believe our team is shit, then what is the upside in playing TH? I thought with the extra time this week they could have gotten Howell ready to play. TH got playing time b/c Fitz went down Howell should get his chance b/c Wentz went down. Don't get me wrong I will route for TH on Sunday, I was just surprised by the move after this offseason with RR.

You’re probably right.RR almost certainly is lying to us - Howell is ready, and RR is so confident that he’ll be the coach again next year, that he’s tanking this season with TH - just because.

Its a good thing we have a omnipotent genius like you to break it down for us, Dean-o.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re probably right.RR almost certainly is lying to us - Howell is ready, and RR is so confident that he’ll be the coach again next year, that he’s tanking this season with TH - just because.

Its a good thing we have a omnipotent genius like you to break it down for us, Dean-o.

No problem.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean said RR knows what he has in Falco . You are 100% right , he does , and he thinks Falco gives us a better chance to win not Howell .

I want to see Howell once we are eliminated.

now giving up any capitol for a guy you could have claimed on waivers is stupid . And now we know his record isn’t any better then what we had in Falco

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean said RR knows what he has in Falco . You are 100% right , he does , and he thinks Falco gives us a better chance to win not Howell .

I want to see Howell once we are eliminated.

now giving up any capitol for a guy you could have claimed on waivers is stupid . And now we know his record isn’t any better then what we had in Falco

What a complete mess of the QB situation. Doesn't make sense at all. If RR believed in TH he would have never acquired Wentz and would have never of drafted Howell. I guess some people having a hard time understanding that.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interestingly enough, CBS sportsline just put out an article about NFL teams and the QB situation for 2023. We are #2 on that list regarding a change.

The trade for Wentz was always a mistake. I think we can all admit that. That being said, keeping TH as the backup does make logical sense.

Rivera clearly feels that TH is a solid backup QB, and he is actually right on that end. TH put up numbers last year that are respectful for a backup in the league. Looking at every single backup in the NFL, are there 10 backups better than TH? I don't think they are.

The drafting of Howell made sense on a few levels. For one, TH is an UFA in 2023, and two, WSH can get out of the Wentz contract after this year if he has a poor year. Clearly, Rivera knows that one of them (Wentz and TH) or both would possibly be gone in 2023. As such, he rolled the dice on a 5th-round pick to develop him in 2022. Rivera clearly doesn't know that Wentz was the long-term answer or he would have looked to restructure his deal. No such efforts were made.

We need to stop the whole "Rivera doesn't believe in TH" conversation as it makes no sense and is causing confusion yet again. He believes in TH as a backup in 2022. He drafted Howell for the future as possibly either a backup or starter. This is a simple concept to understand and nobody is stating that Rivera doesn't "believe" in TH. Drafting Howell was a no-brainer given the question marks at the starting QB spot and TH's expiring contract. It actually makes perfect sense. Like Chiller said, it is not that difficult to understand.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the article says what I have said since they let Cousins walk "he will not be easy to replace."

We'll see how Heinicke plays over the next four weeks. He has more weapons and knows the offense.

Heinicke said the other day that learning Turner's offense takes time. Right now you have Wentz and Howell who have both only been in the offense for preseason and 6 weeks during the regular season. I do think Wentz starts again after his finger heals. It will be interesting to see how much he learns after watching TH play for at least 4 weeks.

I don't know who has the whole "Rivera doesn't believe in Taylor" opinion. (I am guessing that is for he who shall not be name.) He did see Heinicke play for an entire year and clearly does not see him as a starter. Maybe TH can change his mind in four weeks.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the article says what I have said since they let Cousins walk "he will not be easy to replace."

We'll see how Heinicke plays over the next four weeks. He has more weapons and knows the offense.

Heinicke said the other day that learning Turner's offense takes time. Right now you have Wentz and Howell who have both only been in the offense for preseason and 6 weeks during the regular season. I do think Wentz starts again after his finger heals. It will be interesting to see how much he learns after watching TH play for at least 4 weeks.

I don't know who has the whole "Rivera doesn't believe in Taylor" opinion. (I am guessing that is for he who shall not be name.) He did see Heinicke play for an entire year and clearly does not see him as a starter. Maybe TH can change his mind in four weeks.
I agree with everything you have said and I have nothing to add except one minor thing.

I simply don't believe this is a "confusing situation". I am not saying I am smarter than anyone or that I have the personal cell number of Rivera, but this isn't difficult to grasp. I believe every poster except one sees the reasoning behind it. There is a difference between being generally "confused" and "not wanting to understand". In other words, if a fan/poster cannot stand TH, that doesn't mean the whole situation is one of confusion and puzzlement.

I am NOT a fan of Wentz and hated the trade from the get go; however, I fully understand why Wentz is the starter and it makes sense to me.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's very simple from this offseason that RR did not want to see TH take the field this year. RR wasn't forecasting an injury to Wentz, and he drafted Howell b/c if Wentz played poorly, we could get out of the contract and TH will be a FA next year. Any coach who believes in a QB should have plans for him to be a starter on his team in case of injury or bad play. Wentz is the starter for obvious reasons. Most people admitted we upgraded at QB this off season.

Any coach that says to you "I believe in you as a backup" is just saying you are not good enough to lead my team and it's a total slap in the face to your abilities.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a complete mess of the QB situation. Doesn't make sense at all. If RR believed in TH he would have never acquired Wentz and would have never of drafted Howell. I guess some people having a hard time understanding that.
He wanted something better for sure . But he isn’t putting his future into the hands of a 5th round draft pick dean .

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wanted something better for sure . But he isn’t putting his future into the hands of a 5th round draft pick dean .

So i guess he is worried about his future.