• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heatley

CaptainTrashy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Dreger is reporting the league is going to have a conference call...I think it is bullshit, yeah it was a terrible penalty, but if he gets suspended for his elbow, the fucking league is out of whack with suspensions. Ott should have been the one getting the phone call for the oscar performance he pulled off lastnight!

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see the elbow, but I think this is bullshit. Maybe next time Heatley should break Ott's neck and the leauge will say its a ok play.

Chara's hit, no issue from the league

Thornton, Heatley, Nichol get suspened for all bull shit

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Chara's was intentional, which is why there was no suspension. Heatley's obviously was a hit to the head- but there was not that much contact, if Heatley really wanted to hurt Ott he could have hit him a lot harder. I agree a suspension would be BS, but I can understand how they would at least look at it.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a blatant attempt at an elbow. Just another thing Heatley sucks at: defense, skating, trying, and now, elbowing someone in the head.

Ott sold it well, but the elbow was at the height of Ott's head. A pretty dangerous play.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a blatant attempt at an elbow. Just another thing Heatley sucks at: defense, skating, trying, and now, elbowing someone in the head.

Ott sold it well, but the elbow was at the height of Ott's head. A pretty dangerous play.

Yup. Dumb play by Heatley anyway, even worse that there were 4 mins left in the game and the Sharks were only up by 1. Gotta give the penalty kill a lot of credit for holding on to the win.

There's no way the league doesn't suspend anyone who tries to elbow another player in the head, regardless of who that player is. It's something that doesn't belong in the game.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll repost what I had on the Heatley thread on the main board:

I still think that Ott was hamming it up. It doesn't hurt when you get hit in the head if you have shit for brains.

On the same token I wouldn't mind seeing Heatley sit a couple games. That way someone else will have the opportunity to take stupid penalties late in one goal games.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, the Sharks will be better off for the next two with Heatley out!

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Remenda said right after the whistle, "selfish penalty". If you go by intent, maybe he should have gotten more. If you go by impact, I say give Lil Dany the Lady Bing right now. :bathbaby:

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought it was a pretty selfish play myself. I can see why some of us can question the validity of a 2 game suspension, but it was pretty dumb considering the timing of the penalty. Against a team who the Sharks have not beaten at all in regulation until that game, he should have known better. Even TMac showed his disapproval of the play. What I thought was even weirder was Heatley's choice of words in defending his actions.

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of Sharks and randy drew believe that it didn't hit his head. Will have to take another look but it sounds interesting...

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of Sharks and randy drew believe that it didn't hit his head. Will have to take another look but it sounds interesting...

He didn't hit the head from the numerous replays I watched, but it was a blatant attempt with an elbow as VP mentioned. It was anything but smart - if you're going to drill a guy drive him against the boards but don't stick the elbow out like that. Yeah, Ott embellished quite a bit and that was obvious as the elbow attempt, but still.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Heatley is playing his best hockey right now by not being on the ice

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2