• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heat own Cleveland once again in Miami

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every Team has injuries and goes on a long multi-game stretch.

They lost, no excuses.

It wouldn't be so painful if you'd stop bashing the Heat every chance you get.

I'm trying to think of a Team that I would least like to lose to and I guess it would have to be the Lakers.

But, I also understand that there are certain Teams that other Teams get up for and it should be expected that the Heat vs. Cavs will always bring out the best in the Team that was left behind.

What better way to show a guy that he chose wrong than to beat him every time their teams play?

Are you really unconcerned with Love?

It will be interesting to see how this offseason plays out because he is unlikely to want a new contract.

But, he has been really average this year and I really wonder if the Cavs will want to max him out if he plays this way next year as well.

For the most part- the last few months have meant nothing to the Cavs. What they set out to accomplish can only be accomplished in May and June.

Am I unconcerned about Love? -my answer is- I have no clue yet. We wont know until the playoffs.

The only thing the Cavs have really accomplished this regular season is shutting up all the people who accused them of "panicking" - and who thought they were like the 5th best team in the East. All the people who reveled in 2 weeks of December where everything could go wrong did go wrong. All the last two months has really done is prove to those haters that the Cavs really are the force that the basketball world thought they would be. Everyone sane with any kind of patience knew that the Cavs are a SHITLOAD better than the Wizards and Raptors and the rest of the East also-rans.

From the beginning way back in October its been about Chicago- and with how great Atlanta has been and with how they have made their mark- Atlanta has put themselves into the conversation of the East's elite.

3 teams- Cleveland, Chicago, Atlanta. No one else. The rest of the East might have some nice teams- but nothing that those 3 have to worry about.

So- to get back to the question- Am I concerned about Love?- I won't know until the playoffs- if i were to guess? Ever since LeBron called him out he looks like he has tried to do a better job of "fitting in"- and has started to get the offense.

These people that dont know basketball say how "unimportant" Love is to the Cavs. That is downright BULLSHIT. First off, how many guys in the league are at 17 and 10 for the year? Ya Know how many guys are at 17 and 10 right now? Cousins, Davis, PGasol, Alridge, Vucevic, and Love. SIX GUYS. Thats it. Chris Bosh has not seen 10 rebounds a night since before he became allergic to contact.

Six guys at 17 and 10 in the league.

The Cavs offense has among the best in the league, and practically onstoppable- yes because of Kyrie and LeBron- but also because of the spacing Love gives them. WTF do the Wizards do when Nene and Gortat are on the floor? THE CAVS SMOKE THEM BECAUSE NO ONE CAN GUARD LOVE- and when that guy does go to the perimeter- LeBron and Kyrie just DEMOLISH people inside.

the Cav's traded for Love in no small part because he is the BEST spacing big man in the entire league- and he is great on the boards.

All of a sudden when you have Thompson and Mozgov- you get better defensively- but the other teams defense has SOOOO MUCH LESS PRESSURE ON IT, its crazy. For anyone to discount Love when he has been the 3rd option and is STILL putting up 17 and 10 while being integral to the Cavs offense just does not understand the game of basketball.

I will be concerned about Kevin Love if the Cavs lose a series they are not supposed to lose. Everything else at this point is just window dressing.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 straight 25+ games for D-Wade....best streak since December 2010

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow the Heat beat Portland which was the best win of our season.

I thought they only get up to play the Cavs......

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12,10, & 6 for Hassan.

20 & 11 for Goran

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this has just turned into listing guys numbers, how about Jr Smith? 5/10 from 3 tonight.....back to 38% from beyond the arc- the guy he was traded for Dion Waiters- does not even shoot that % from the field- let alone just shooting 28% from 3..

Also- JR has been top 15 in the league in steals since the Cavs acquired him- and played surprisingly pretty solid defense. In fact- whether you look at shooting percentage, 3 pt percentage, assists, rebounds, points, PER...JR has been a lot better....

not that i expect the people that ripped the trade as a "panic" move- and said that Dion was the better player would ever actually own up to it....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's great to finally have a PG who can outplay other top guards nightly

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the most part- the last few months have meant nothing to the Cavs. What they set out to accomplish can only be accomplished in May and June.

Am I unconcerned about Love? -my answer is- I have no clue yet. We wont know until the playoffs.

The only thing the Cavs have really accomplished this regular season is shutting up all the people who accused them of "panicking" - and who thought they were like the 5th best team in the East. All the people who reveled in 2 weeks of December where everything could go wrong did go wrong. All the last two months has really done is prove to those haters that the Cavs really are the force that the basketball world thought they would be. Everyone sane with any kind of patience knew that the Cavs are a SHITLOAD better than the Wizards and Raptors and the rest of the East also-rans.

From the beginning way back in October its been about Chicago- and with how great Atlanta has been and with how they have made their mark- Atlanta has put themselves into the conversation of the East's elite.

3 teams- Cleveland, Chicago, Atlanta. No one else. The rest of the East might have some nice teams- but nothing that those 3 have to worry about.

So- to get back to the question- Am I concerned about Love?- I won't know until the playoffs- if i were to guess? Ever since LeBron called him out he looks like he has tried to do a better job of "fitting in"- and has started to get the offense.

These people that dont know basketball say how "unimportant" Love is to the Cavs. That is downright BULLSHIT. First off, how many guys in the league are at 17 and 10 for the year? Ya Know how many guys are at 17 and 10 right now? Cousins, Davis, PGasol, Alridge, Vucevic, and Love. SIX GUYS. Thats it. Chris Bosh has not seen 10 rebounds a night since before he became allergic to contact.

Six guys at 17 and 10 in the league.

The Cavs offense has among the best in the league, and practically onstoppable- yes because of Kyrie and LeBron- but also because of the spacing Love gives them. WTF do the Wizards do when Nene and Gortat are on the floor? THE CAVS SMOKE THEM BECAUSE NO ONE CAN GUARD LOVE- and when that guy does go to the perimeter- LeBron and Kyrie just DEMOLISH people inside.

the Cav's traded for Love in no small part because he is the BEST spacing big man in the entire league- and he is great on the boards.

All of a sudden when you have Thompson and Mozgov- you get better defensively- but the other teams defense has SOOOO MUCH LESS PRESSURE ON IT, its crazy. For anyone to discount Love when he has been the 3rd option and is STILL putting up 17 and 10 while being integral to the Cavs offense just does not understand the game of basketball.

I will be concerned about Kevin Love if the Cavs lose a series they are not supposed to lose. Everything else at this point is just window dressing.

I think getting the 2nd seed in their first year together is a major accomplishment.

They look really good right now.

If you place your value in Love based off of his ability to be a decoy, then I guess he's worth it.

But, his production does not warrant a max contract.

The guy has no clue how to play with other great players, that much is obvious.

He absolutely HATES his role on that team. How many times does he have to say he is not a catch and shot player? He wants to be on the block.

Personally, I thought he'd be perfectly happy and perfectly capable of posting up behind the 3pt line and letting em rip.....

But, every statement that comes out of his mouth and his body language say something totally different.

With that being said, the Cavs should keep him just to stop him from going to the competition. But, they do not NEED Kevin Love to win.

At least not the one that has showed up this Season...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think getting the 2nd seed in their first year together is a major accomplishment.

They look really good right now.

If you place your value in Love based off of his ability to be a decoy, then I guess he's worth it.

But, his production does not warrant a max contract.

The guy has no clue how to play with other great players, that much is obvious.

He absolutely HATES his role on that team. How many times does he have to say he is not a catch and shot player? He wants to be on the block.

Personally, I thought he'd be perfectly happy and perfectly capable of posting up behind the 3pt line and letting em rip.....

But, every statement that comes out of his mouth and his body language say something totally different.

With that being said, the Cavs should keep him just to stop him from going to the competition. But, they do not NEED Kevin Love to win.

At least not the one that has showed up this Season...

How do you not understand that having the best stretch 4 in the league that doubles as one of the best rebounders in the league- who puts up 17 and 10 a night (one of six guys in the league) is not incredibly important?

He is Not the most important guy. He is not the 2nd most important guy. He is the third though- and if history has taught us anything- its that third guy who pushes teams over the top a lot of the time- and if that means paying him the max in order to win championships to be the 3rd best guy- then it is what it is- its not my money- its Dans.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its a HUGE adjustment from him. He is learning the game in a totally different way. Not only that- but he has been the guy other guys look to for leadership- he has never seen how its done- and thats what LeBron is doing for him.

Do I think Love gets annoyed that he doesnt have those 38 and 16 nights where he leads sportscenter? Sure- its only human nature- especially when you have been doing it as long as him.

But- a couple games ago the Cavs passed 41wins- which is not significant except for the fact its the most wins Love has ever had in a season. Thats why I say we cant judge until the playoffs. I want to see him in the playoffs - and geta taste of that- and see what it means to be a winner.-

If its between being the 3rd best guy in Cleveland and getting paid max money with his Bird rights- or getting paid slightly less to lead a Boston team to what? maybe the 5th seed? and knowing that he HAS to beat the Cavs to ever win anything?

Now i think thats an EASY choice

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you not understand that having the best stretch 4 in the league that doubles as one of the best rebounders in the league- who puts up 17 and 10 a night (one of six guys in the league) is not incredibly important?

He is Not the most important guy. He is not the 2nd most important guy. He is the third though- and if history has taught us anything- its that third guy who pushes teams over the top a lot of the time- and if that means paying him the max in order to win championships to be the 3rd best guy- then it is what it is- its not my money- its Dans.

How do you not understand that the Cavs took one of the best PF;s in the NBA and made him into a role player?

Seriously, take a step back and look at his Season without the homer filter.

Chris Bosh had to sacrifice aspects of his game for the betterment of the Team and his numbers went down.

Name a single game, let alone several, that Bosh sat on the bench for the entire 4th quarter because another guy was flat out better??

I'll wait.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you not understand that the Cavs took one of the best PF;s in the NBA and made him into a role player?

Seriously, take a step back and look at his Season without the homer filter.

Chris Bosh had to sacrifice aspects of his game for the betterment of the Team and his numbers went down.

Name a single game, let alone several, that Bosh sat on the bench for the entire 4th quarter because another guy was flat out better??

I'll wait.

17 and 10 is a role player?

really?

really?

and from what was reported Bosh sat out in SAS because his back got tightened up- ...now is that 100% accurate? hmmm....do i think his back was hurting him? yah probably? was there more to that decision? yah probably.

the guy just hasnt figured out his place totally yet. It took Wade and LeBron more than 1 year to do anything more than "my turn your turn".....

with Loves basketball IQ everyone expected him to be the one who acclimlated so easily- but it was Kyrie who got on the same page really quickly. Maybe because Kyrie was not so instilled in his own game and that he was a little younger helped him in that regard.

There is no possible way you can ever sell me that 17 and 10 - being one of 6 guys in the league to do that- is a "role player"...

that is insanity

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, Russ....did you see this?

Both accomplishments have to be in the top 5 moments of the Season.

Blogtable: Thompsons 37 or Kyries 57? NBA.com | Hang Time Blog with Sekou Smith

ill tell ya. Kyrie's 57 will be repeated before Thompsons 37 thats for sure....who knows the next timewe ever see a guy go for 37 in a quarter. You wish he wouldve been allowed to see where he could have gotten to....

The Kyrie game was so special in my mind though because the Cavs were playing the Spurs,in SAS, Duncan, Leonard, Parker all had HUGE minutes- Pop really wanted that game- and it took just about everyone of those 57 to win the game.

Even the Portland game was not close to the SAS game in terms of just how it felt. Portland felt like Kyrie was just trying to go it alone- and it was a great performance dont get me wrong- but against SAS it just felt like he was doing what he had to do to win the game- and to do it against that team, in that situation- especially the buzzerbeater with maybe the best defensive player in the league in his face to tie the game was just something crazy. As far as individual performances go- LEBrons game 5 against the Pistons was the craziest- but Kyrie's franchise record 57 was very special.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ill tell ya. Kyrie's 57 will be repeated before Thompsons 37 thats for sure....who knows the next timewe ever see a guy go for 37 in a quarter. You wish he wouldve been allowed to see where he could have gotten to....

The Kyrie game was so special in my mind though because the Cavs were playing the Spurs,in SAS, Duncan, Leonard, Parker all had HUGE minutes- Pop really wanted that game- and it took just about everyone of those 57 to win the game.

Even the Portland game was not close to the SAS game in terms of just how it felt. Portland felt like Kyrie was just trying to go it alone- and it was a great performance dont get me wrong- but against SAS it just felt like he was doing what he had to do to win the game- and to do it against that team, in that situation- especially the buzzerbeater with maybe the best defensive player in the league in his face to tie the game was just something crazy. As far as individual performances go- LEBrons game 5 against the Pistons was the craziest- but Kyrie's franchise record 57 was very special.

Yeah, Klay is gonna be on the books for a while.

But, Kyrie against Portland was just.......FILTHY.

He was not losing that game.

There was no hesitation...it was just...FILTHY.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Klay is gonna be on the books for a while.

But, Kyrie against Portland was just.......FILTHY.

He was not losing that game.

There was no hesitation...it was just...FILTHY.

him and Lillard definitely dont like the other guy getting the best of them. That San Antonio game was so important for LeBron too though.

You could tell watching the game- Leonard was doing as good a job on LeBron as one could do. LeBron was getting frusterated and I think he started drifting back to last June a little bit.

All of a sudden Kyrie just starts going wild- and proves to LeBron that no matter where the Cavs go- even if ti means going TO San Antonio- that he has a guy next to him that can bring it when it matteres against the best of them. At the end of June I dont think LeBron thought he had that on the Heat anymore.

As great as Wade is playing lately- everyone, even the most ardent Heat fan knows that he could NOT do what Kyrie did to the Spurs the other night at this point in his career (well Wade never has scored 57 points even in his prime ;) ).

You could see the tenseness flow out of LeBron late in that game. Once it got to OT- I would have been shocked if the Cavs lost- because LeBron was snapped out of it by Kyrie- drained a couple of his own deep threes and that was the game.

Kyrie in that game gave LeBron a lot of confidence and let LeBron know that if he ever had any doubts about his decision- that he could let tehm go- because he definitely once again had a guy he knows can get it done.