• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heading into Week 3 of the Pre-season

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need to keep our eye on a few situations. One that I can see happening is trading away Vinny Curry for a late round pick. We have guys like Steven Means and Alex McAlister who can give you snaps and Derek Barnett needs to start. Cutting Curry saves no money due to the big contract we gave him, but trading him saves money not only this year, but frees up a bunch for next season where we are "currently" over the cap.

The 2nd issue is at RB where LeGarrette Blount has looked sluggish and slow at both practices and in both games. Then you have an injured Smallwood and rookie Donnel Pumphrey not having shown much "yet" as a rusher. Not a great thing when un-drafted Corey Clement seems to be your best player at the position. I think the Eagles will keep a close eye on cuts the next two weeks at the RB position. It would not shock me at all if our eventual starter at the position is playing in another uniform this upcoming week and Blount gets cut.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting idea on Curry. He looks like a certain cap friendly cut next year. If the offer is worth it I could see this. Get more playing time of guys that will be here next year.

Blount....I'm not willing to discount yet that they have him on some kind of "restrictor plate" this preseason. He's a vet with plenty of film for what he can do if he stil has the legs. And I just find it tough to fathom his legs might have already died. I think they are just keeping him fresh. The rest of the depth causes some concern.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need to keep our eye on a few situations. One that I can see happening is trading away Vinny Curry for a late round pick. We have guys like Steven Means and Alex McAlister who can give you snaps and Derek Barnett needs to start. Cutting Curry saves no money due to the big contract we gave him, but trading him saves money not only this year, but frees up a bunch for next season where we are "currently" over the cap.

The 2nd issue is at RB where LeGarrette Blount has looked sluggish and slow at both practices and in both games. Then you have an injured Smallwood and rookie Donnel Pumphrey not having shown much "yet" as a rusher. Not a great thing when un-drafted Corey Clement seems to be your best player at the position. I think the Eagles will keep a close eye on cuts the next two weeks at the RB position. It would not shock me at all if our eventual starter at the position is playing in another uniform this upcoming week and Blount gets cut.

Agree Rey. Maybe we can trade for Shady?? LOL. Wishful thinking. :thumb:

By trading Curry (which I think we can get a 5th, and maybe even a 4th), it also opens things for Long + Means + McAllister.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McAllister has been flashing potential ...

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry is untradeable due to his enormous salary. But I think he is almost certain to be cut before this time next year.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vinny Curry is such a tease:mad2:.

Can never seem to quite put it all together.

Besides that i think we are poised for a pretty solid season.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Smallwood, now back from injury, has looked much better than any other Back in camp. Blount sounds like he has one foot out the door as Corey Clement can give you the short yardage stuff and he has young legs. Those 300 carries last season and weight issues seem to have taken their toll on Blount.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, its too bad if Blount doesn't regain what he was last year. I had high hopes for him, but looks like he just wanted to get another paycheck. Maybe he re-signs with NE, and make the pro bowl. LOL.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, its too bad if Blount doesn't regain what he was last year. I had high hopes for him, but looks like he just wanted to get another paycheck. Maybe he re-signs with NE, and make the pro bowl. LOL.

Hahaha. That's basically a lock to happen, right?

iceman42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the combined practice reports Miami DE Charles Harris isnt doing much other then being stonewalled by Dillon and Peters.