• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Head Coach

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors are flying Harbaugh wont be back next year. While I would like to have him back, wonder who people would like to see as a replacement. The names I saw mentioned today are Tomsula, Fangio, and Gable from Denver.

I dont want Tomsula. Sure he is popular with the players but I dont want to promote another position coach. Concerned about Gable too. Anyone would look good coaching Manning. I would like to promote Fangio and then bring in a new offensive coaching staff. With Fangio the defense can stay strong and maybe a new offensive syaff can help turn around the offense

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Schwartz

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either Gase,Gable, Pats OC or Fangio. To be honest I don't think Harbaugh is going any where after this year. He has 1 year left.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either Gase,Gable, Pats OC or Fangio. To be honest I don't think Harbaugh is going any where after this year. He has 1 year left.

The only way Harbaugh stays if he fires Roman and hires a new OC. If that doesn't happen, then I think Harbaugh's gone.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way Harbaugh stays if he fires Roman and hires a new OC. If that doesn't happen, then I think Harbaugh's gone.

I suspect based on York's tweet that if the offense continues down this path, Harbaugh is going to be given an utlimatum on offense to make changes to the staff.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Even if he has a year left, the Niners hold the rights to his contract and can trade those rights.

I would say maybe the OC from Miami given what he has made Tannehil into or the GB OC.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want them to take a long look at Ben McAdoo, or add fire to the rivalry by hiring Darrell Bevell. We're built for Bevells style of play.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want them to take a long look at Ben McAdoo, or add fire to the rivalry by hiring Darrell Bevell. We're built for Bevells style of play.

I'd pass on Bevell. I think there are better OCs out there. Don't know much about McAdoo. Any good college candidates? I don't follow the college game at all but it seems there have been some successful college coaches come up the past few years.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
no matter who follows Harbaugh, its a tough situation. Harbaugh seems to have worn his wear, yet he has had great success. the next HC will likely have less success than reaching the NFC Championship game.........three in a row.

But in the big picture, IF he has in fact worn his wear, that is best for the team.

IMO we don't need a "big name", proven NFL HC, if he is "up and coming", fine with me.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no matter who follows Harbaugh, its a tough situation. Harbaugh seems to have worn his wear, yet he has had great success. the next HC will likely have less success than reaching the NFC Championship game.........three in a row.

But in the big picture, IF he has in fact worn his wear, that is best for the team.

IMO we don't need a "big name", proven NFL HC, if he is "up and coming", fine with me.

I wouldn't mind a younger guy as opposed to some old guy who might not last past a couple of years.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think keeping Harbaugh is our best option by a lot. Maybe he knows that and that's why they can't negotiate a new contract. He knows he will be a very sought after coach if they let him go. If we lose Harbaugh (which I think we will) I don't see us doing well next season. No idea who they will get, my guess is tomsula. He is someone who has been with the Niners for a long time. He isn't exactly a big name and probably won't challenge the FO. Seems like the kind of guy they want after Harbaugh.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I honestly think keeping Harbaugh is our best option by a lot. Maybe he knows that and that's why they can't negotiate a new contract. He knows he will be a very sought after coach if they let him go. If we lose Harbaugh (which I think we will) I don't see us doing well next season. No idea who they will get, my guess is tomsula. He is someone who has been with the Niners for a long time. He isn't exactly a big name and probably won't challenge the FO. Seems like the kind of guy they want after Harbaugh.

from just a pure coaching standpoint, we ALL want Harbaugh to stay. but the issue isn't his Coaching ability, is it?

if he isn't working well with Baalke and other support staff such as medical and trainers, then it won't work another 5 years. If Harbaugh is rubbing enough players the wrong way, it won't work no matter how much we wish it.

logic tells us if all these things weren't so bad and not true, then this wouldn't even be an issue.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Bill Cowher would want to come out of retirement. There is an issue of him being out for so long and needs to learn the sissy rules that have changed the last time he coached.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd pass on Bevell. I think there are better OCs out there. Don't know much about McAdoo. Any good college candidates? I don't follow the college game at all but it seems there have been some successful college coaches come up the past few years.

McAdoo is my main choice, I just threw Bevell in there for drama purposes. Read up on McAdoo, he's the Giants new oc.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some would say 3 championships in a row is just a failure. I'd rather go to one in 5 years and win the title vs 3 championships in a row, with no titles.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some would say 3 championships in a row is just a failure. I'd rather go to one in 5 years and win the title vs 3 championships in a row, with no titles.

As would everyone else? I'm not sure what your point is.