• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Head Coach

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Some would say 3 championships in a row is just a failure. I'd rather go to one in 5 years and win the title vs 3 championships in a row, with no titles.

yes, I would take the one title in five years too, but that's a separate subject.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Bill Cowher would want to come out of retirement. There is an issue of him being out for so long and needs to learn the sissy rules that have changed the last time he coached.

I just worry that the game might have passed by some of these older coaches who have been out of the NFL for a while. Cowher last coached in 2007. For this reason, I think I'd rather see a fresh, younger guy take over if Harbaugh does leave. I've suggested Helfrich from Oregon. I have no idea what the chances of that are. I don't think there are even any rumors about it. However, he's an example of the kind of guy I'd like to be our next coach if Harbaugh leaves.

Or, the other thing I'd like is if we kept Fangio by promoting him to HC and then bringing in an innovative, cutting edge guy to be our OC.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My point was that I dont think Harbaugh is that hard to replace, just because of 3 championship games in a row.

I disagree and all we have to do is look at the YEARS before him. Who was our last good HC prior to Harbaugh? Next, all we have to do is look around the NFL, and see how many teams KEEP searching for that good HC. year after year 1/4 of the NFL HC's change, why?

We do have good players no matter the next HC, so if that is what you're referring to, ok. but that alone won't keep us as serious contenders. An example is Harbaugh won in 2011, with the same basic group as 2010.

that said he'll likely go due to other reasons, but that's different than due to his coaching ability.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just worry that the game might have passed by some of these older coaches who have been out of the NFL for a while. Cowher last coached in 2007. For this reason, I think I'd rather see a fresh, younger guy take over if Harbaugh does leave. I've suggested Helfrich from Oregon. I have no idea what the chances of that are. I don't think there are even any rumors about it. However, he's an example of the kind of guy I'd like to be our next coach if Harbaugh leaves.

Or, the other thing I'd like is if we kept Fangio by promoting him to HC and then bringing in an innovative, cutting edge guy to be our OC.

I'm ok with either an experienced or 'young gun', cause Baalke is a grinder and will evaluate the next guy to the fullest. He will determine which Coach's style, best suits this current team. we can't get a pass happy HC for this group of players.

don't have a strong opinion on Fangio, but my light impression is he's not cut out to be a HC? he doesn't seem to have ANY bent towards a "players Coach"? to me, you need some of that to succeed, and is why Harbaugh succeeded so quickly.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden wants that job bad. he is waiting for it. Perfect fit

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True. At this point I would go with Fangio as the HC and an up and coming OC . Clean house on the OC end and let's see what this team can really be.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. At this point I would go with Fangio as the HC and an up and coming OC . Clean house on the OC end and let's see what this team can really be.

I don't mind this idea but I don't know if I see Fangio as a HC.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the rumor of him going to Oakland. It's like some how that rumor forgets that the Raiders are likely to not even be in Oakland next year. I guess maybe Harbaugh finds a good High School to coach over there though.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the rumor of him going to Oakland. It's like some how that rumor forgets that the Raiders are likely to not even be in Oakland next year. I guess maybe Harbaugh finds a good High School to coach over there though.

I think that whole rumor started because of Harbaugh's wife supposedly wanting to stay in the Bay Area, Harbaugh's past with the Raiders, and the Raider's needing another coach. Who knows whether he actually would want to go there.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that whole rumor started because of Harbaugh's wife supposedly wanting to stay in the Bay Area, Harbaugh's past with the Raiders, and the Raider's needing another coach. Who knows whether he actually would want to go there.

Yeah but the joke to that is the Raiders might not even be on the West Coast after this season. It doesn't look like staying in Oakland is going to happen right now. The only viable options on the table are L.A. and San Antonio right now if they want a new stadium. L.A. is not a huge move but San Antonio is no where near the West Coast.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but the joke to that is the Raiders might not even be on the West Coast after this season. It doesn't look like staying in Oakland is going to happen right now. The only viable options on the table are L.A. and San Antonio right now if they want a new stadium. L.A. is not a huge move but San Antonio is no where near the West Coast.

I heard San Antonio was 50/50 but others have stated that Jerry Jones would never allow a Raider move to San Antonio.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I heard San Antonio was 50/50 but others have stated that Jerry Jones would never allow a Raider move to San Antonio.

not that it matters to me, but can Jones make this decision alone? doubt it.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not that it matters to me, but can Jones make this decision alone? doubt it.

No he can't. But isn't the NFL kind of like a good ole boy's club? I suspect he would have some influence over the decision. Hell, I am just guessing.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see Harbaugh leaving a playoff/superbowl team that is so far away. Just doesn't make sense.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can't see Harbaugh leaving a playoff/superbowl team that is so far away. Just doesn't make sense.

cause you and some others are STILL only looking at the football, head coaching side of it. you guys are still missing or choosing to ignore the problem.

the supposed problem is Harbaugh's personality and how it has rubbed others (mainly York and Baalke) the wrong way. in turn, this makes for a terrible work situation. Like most of us ourselves, we'd consider a job change if work conditions become unbearable. we'd take less pay just to get peace of mind.

btw - Harbaugh will have a hard time continuing this success, if the GM does his own thing.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is obvious that Harbaugh and Baalke cannot coexist and one has to go. I think York supports Baalke and Harbaugh is gone after this season. It's a hard pill to swallow for Harbaugh especially with his huge ego that his brother has won a Super Bowl and his nemesis Pete Carroll won one last year. That must be eating him alive!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is obvious that Harbaugh and Baalke cannot coexist and one has to go. I think York supports Baalke and Harbaugh is gone after this season. It's a hard pill to swallow for Harbaugh especially with his huge ego that his brother has won a Super Bowl and his nemesis Pete Carroll won one last year. That must be eating him alive!

People are forgetting he has 1 year left. Only way Harbaugh is gone is by trading him.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are forgetting he has 1 year left. Only way Harbaugh is gone is by trading him.

He can also just resign. He wouldn't get paid for a year, but he probably doesn't need the money that bad either.