• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Head Coach

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are forgetting he has 1 year left. Only way Harbaugh is gone is by trading him.

We can always just fire him and eat the contract. I can't see why not.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners fulfill their end of the contract by paying him for next season. I'm almost positive there's nothing in the contract that says we have to use him as our coach next season if we don't trade him.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners fulfill their end of the contract by paying him for next season. I'm almost positive there's nothing in the contract that says we have to use him as our coach next season if we don't trade him.

I think they did that with both Erickson and Donahue at the same time.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they did that with both Erickson and Donahue at the same time.

Yeah, when it's time for a change, a team just needs to make the change and eat whatever contracts still need to be paid.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is obvious that Harbaugh and Baalke cannot coexist and one has to go. I think York supports Baalke and Harbaugh is gone after this season. It's a hard pill to swallow for Harbaugh especially with his huge ego that his brother has won a Super Bowl and his nemesis Pete Carroll won one last year. That must be eating him alive!

This is why I don't see him going to Michigan. He's going to win a Super Bowl in the NFL or die trying. He's probably still kicking himself over that Super Bowl game. The Niners came out so flat and we gave up a KR TD. Needless to say (but I'll say it anyway), it's hard to win when those things happen.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, when it's time for a change, a team just needs to make the change and eat whatever contracts still need to be paid.

What bothers me also despite the bad numbers is there just seems to be little life in the players. Even Ronnie Lott commented on it last week.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What bothers me also despite the bad numbers is there just seems to be little life in the players. Even Ronnie Lott commented on it last week.

A lot players might have given up already, knowing that they are playing for a lame duck coach.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh could have been traded to Cleveland prior to this season.

taughtmepatience

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Nick Saban would be a good choice. He's probably itching to get out of Tuscaloosa. No better place to try to cement a legacy in the NFL than with a great roster of the Niners.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Nick Saban would be a good choice. He's probably itching to get out of Tuscaloosa. No better place to try to cement a legacy in the NFL than with a great roster of the Niners.

No way. Not the guy who quit his last NFL job in disgraceful fashion.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to move on from Kaep.

Im not sure if Josh McDaniels has been mentioned, but he needs to be. Bring that Patriots mentality.

Like Saban, McDaniels is another guy who was an NFL head coaching failure. I doubt York goes with him.

taughtmepatience

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Saban, McDaniels is another guy who was an NFL head coaching failure. I doubt York goes with him.

Saban wasn't a complete failure. In his second season with the Dolphins, he went 6-10 with and injured Culpepper and Cleo Lemon as the starting QB. The fact they won more than 3 games is a miracle. He probably quit because he knew there was no future QB on the horizon. If the Niners could trade Harbaugh for a top pick and land Mariotta, then they would entice a lot of coaches.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I would like it to be Vic Fangio, but I fully realize we need a HC that can revive the offense and I don't know if Fangio can do that. If it can't be him then we need to find someone that will keep our defensive staff in place and that the defensive coaches and the entire team can respect. Josh McDaniels is not someone a veteran team will respect and Fangio is not going to be happy being passed over for a young guy that hasn't done anything.

Gruden could be a good fit, but I know we all worry about him being out of the game so long.

People mention a players coach, but Fangio's Stanford defensive players loved him, former 49ers say they love him, and our defense is the one side of the ball that is still actually playing with any kind of heart. Fangio is from the old school and the tough love approach and will be straight up with players. Harbaugh is a great head coach, but it annoys the hell out of me that he thinks his guys can do no wrong at times and it's not a coincidence the offense that gets babied is playing like babys.

With all the injuries to defense there is really no excuse for our offense to be as bad as it is and the blame falls on not just Roman (how the hell do you average 5 yards per run and have a 2 to 1 pass vs run ratio), but all the offensive players as well (stupid interceptions, sacks, and drops).

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban wasn't a complete failure. In his second season with the Dolphins, he went 6-10 with and injured Culpepper and Cleo Lemon as the starting QB. The fact they won more than 3 games is a miracle. He probably quit because he knew there was no future QB on the horizon. If the Niners could trade Harbaugh for a top pick and land Mariotta, then they would entice a lot of coaches.

Even if all the good things you said about him are true, we still have to consider the fact that he quit his last NFL job. I wouldn't want a quitter as our next coach.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Personally I would like it to be Vic Fangio, but I fully realize we need a HC that can revive the offense and I don't know if Fangio can do that. If it can't be him then we need to find someone that will keep our defensive staff in place and that the defensive coaches and the entire team can respect. Josh McDaniels is not someone a veteran team will respect and Fangio is not going to be happy being passed over for a young guy that hasn't done anything.

Gruden could be a good fit, but I know we all worry about him being out of the game so long.

People mention a players coach, but Fangio's Stanford defensive players loved him, former 49ers say they love him, and our defense is the one side of the ball that is still actually playing with any kind of heart. Fangio is from the old school and the tough love approach and will be straight up with players. Harbaugh is a great head coach, but it annoys the hell out of me that he thinks his guys can do no wrong at times and it's not a coincidence the offense that gets babied is playing like babys.

With all the injuries to defense there is really no excuse for our offense to be as bad as it is and the blame falls on not just Roman (how the hell do you average 5 yards per run and have a 2 to 1 pass vs run ratio), but all the offensive players as well (stupid interceptions, sacks, and drops).

It's like this... Defenses do not care about the initial 49ers formation. They will stack the box on early downs and wait until they hear, "KILL, KILL, KILL". This signals that the play called was a run now switching to another play... Once the ball is snapped, some of the defense drops back and some rushes the passer... If the defense do not hear the "KILL" call, they stay home and protect against the run... Most of the time I hear the "KILL" call it is followed by a pass play...