• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Head Coach

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like this... Defenses do not care about the initial 49ers formation. They will stack the box on early downs and wait until they hear, "KILL, KILL, KILL". This signals that the play called was a run now switching to another play... Once the ball is snapped, some of the defense drops back and some rushes the passer... If the defense do not hear the "KILL" call, they stay home and protect against the run... Most of the time I hear the "KILL" call it is followed by a pass play...

That is definitely on coaching as its a tell on a play. There are several the team has, the (Hurry, Hurry) call to quick snap the ball (most plays since they are usually running out of time on the play clock), the alignment of the RB's since in shotgun if the RB is lined up a yard behind Kap it's a run or zone read, and if in power runs Gore or Hyde are 5-6 yards back it's always run. There isn't enough disguising.

Like when Bruce or one of the lineman like Staley are lined up wide, 90% of the time everyone knows its going to be a shift. We need to run something out of those offset formations once in awhile just to get the defense to adjust.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I would like it to be Vic Fangio, but I fully realize we need a HC that can revive the offense and I don't know if Fangio can do that. If it can't be him then we need to find someone that will keep our defensive staff in place and that the defensive coaches and the entire team can respect. Josh McDaniels is not someone a veteran team will respect and Fangio is not going to be happy being passed over for a young guy that hasn't done anything.

Gruden could be a good fit, but I know we all worry about him being out of the game so long.

People mention a players coach, but Fangio's Stanford defensive players loved him, former 49ers say they love him, and our defense is the one side of the ball that is still actually playing with any kind of heart. Fangio is from the old school and the tough love approach and will be straight up with players. Harbaugh is a great head coach, but it annoys the hell out of me that he thinks his guys can do no wrong at times and it's not a coincidence the offense that gets babied is playing like babys.

With all the injuries to defense there is really no excuse for our offense to be as bad as it is and the blame falls on not just Roman (how the hell do you average 5 yards per run and have a 2 to 1 pass vs run ratio), but all the offensive players as well (stupid interceptions, sacks, and drops).

I can see the concern people would have concerning this, however it's not like he's been bagging groceries. He's been working with young players and still around the game. Guys like Gruden don't lose much in the way of coaching. My guess is he'd have a plethora of choices of coaches to bring aboard.

Having said that, I like McDaniels also. I know he wasn't very successful in Denver, but he's a little more experienced been with a couple different people now, plus a Belichick descendant can't be all bad!

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Darell Bevell ?.....I know he hasn't had a super flashy offense but he has maximized Wilson within his scheme and seems to know how to play to a mobile QB's strengths. It would also give us great Intel on the inner working of the Seahawks our biggest rivals.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Darell Bevell ?.....I know he hasn't had a super flashy offense but he has maximized Wilson within his scheme and seems to know how to play to a mobile QB's strengths. It would also give us great Intel on the inner working of the Seahawks our biggest rivals.

No thanks. You make some good points. I just don't see Seattle as this offensive jauggernet that makes their O Coordinator worthy of a promotion. As far as getting the inner working of our rival, not sure how much that really helps. It didn't help Sam Wyche back in the day. Plus, it could be Arizona or St Loius we are chasing in a couple of years. You never know.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Urban Meyer. His offense suits Kaepernick perfectly.

We need to move on from Kaep.

Im not sure if Josh McDaniels has been mentioned, but he needs to be. Bring that Patriots mentality.

Like Saban, McDaniels is another guy who was an NFL head coaching failure. I doubt York goes with him.

True that McDaniels didn't succeed his first time but neither did Belichick when he was in Cle. I would say McDaniels or the Denver OC.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would take Bevell.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think Bevell is a genius at playcalling to Russell Wilson's strengths.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until recently, I didn't realize that Harbaugh might actually leave with one year left on his contact. So, does he want out or does the Niner higher ups want him out? I'm pretty sure most fans prefer he stays. This could be bad. I think of the Cowboys parting ways with Jimmy Johnson.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until recently, I didn't realize that Harbaugh might actually leave with one year left on his contact. So, does he want out or does the Niner higher ups want him out? I'm pretty sure most fans prefer he stays. This could be bad. I think of the Cowboys parting ways with Jimmy Johnson.

Feels like he's been hung out to dry by the FO...they may just let him walk away from his contract. This is so reminiscent for the Warriors coaching situation last year minus the disastrous let down of a season currently at hand. I for one want him to stay, BUT I'm not the owner or GM.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

from all reports we've read, it appears to be mutual? At least that's my take. :-)

fans look at his coaching skills and yes, NOBODY wants him gone. I'd bet even Jed and Trent want his coaching ability. But apparently there are other serious issues beyond pure coaching, and a mutual parting seems likely.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only one year on Harbaugh's contract is an issue with some teams trading for Harbaugh, there's no reason why the 49ers can't allow another team to work out an extension. That's assuming of course Harbaugh wants to go to that team, but there's a lot of ways to play this. There hasn't been a coach like Harbaugh on the market in a long time. There's always been hot college HC's or OC and DC's, but a proven winning HC at the College and NFL level is very rare.

The Jet's and Raiders are the easy to see teams jumping on Harbaugh, but you could easily see Minnesota, Carolina, Atlanta, Chicago, and others all looking into Harbaugh.