• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hawks Own NFC West.

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also Seahawks have 6 NFC West titles since being moved into the NFC West ( 12 years ago ) meaning they win the west 50% of the time. There are 4 teams in the NFC West not 2 lol. Seattle Has 6 NFC West titles San Fran has 3, Cards have 2, Rams have 1. So it takes the 49ers, Cards AND Rams to = the number of NFC West titles the Hawks have won ( Domination ).

The Seahawks have Made the playoffs 7 times in 12 years ( 58.3%). 49ers have made it 4 times in 12 years ( 33.3% ) The Rams and Cards both have made it 2 times in 12 years ( 16.6% ) Again Dominated by the Hawks.

Also they can hate Hawks fans, this is the SEAHAWKS board so if they are trolling like they are then let this make them upset. :) This was just supposed to be a thread for Hawk fans but we got butt hurt trolls chiming in lol. For me that's a win/win. had they stayed OFF our board they wouldn't need to see the chest thumping.

Look I understand you are flying high right now, as you should be, after winning the Super Bowl last night. If you want to think that you "dominated" the NFC west since realignment, so be it. I would argue that those stats don't show a domination as much as they show over that time period you had more success than the other teams, but still only winning the division 50% of the time isn't domination to me. Regardless, I wouldn't have said anything until you throw in there the comment about "think how many more Super Bowls we would of had if we had always been in that division". The answer is 0. You have a great time now who could be great for a very long time (I hope not). But before you came to the NFC west your teams could not of competed with the DOMINATE dynasties of the 70's, 80's, or 90's. From what I've read it had more to do with your previous owner, but it still remains true. Enjoy your win bc you never know how long it will be until the next one.

Also side note, I have been very surprised by the amount of class most Hawk fans have shown in winning. Well done :clap:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fine with history for the sake of it, but the reason I have issue with it is we have been telling Niner fans all season that only this season matters and not their previous history. It might be true, but it just doesn't matter. This season and this team matters.

Let's just enjoy this season and this championship, and then start looking at defending it in a couple weeks when the combine begins.

Right on octagondd. What matter is this years team and once that is over, start looking forward to the next years team and don't assume that just because we one the Super Bowl this year, that we will do the same next year. Celebrate the here and now, don't worship the past and don't get in a pissing contest over who has the best history, we can't win that one for one, and really who really cares.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to hate on the team that just won the SB, you guys deserved it and were the best team this year, however the 49ers were the 2nd best team even Sherman said so. And we were 1 play away from winning that game in Seattle, so I'm looking forward to this awesome rivalry for a long time.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. The new playoff rules are going to totally f- the NFC West, imo, with only 1 team getting a bye week

I thought that this was only a proposal and has not been implemented.

Even if it does become the new rule, my guess is that it will be a few years before it is kicked in. They certainly have not gotten it approved by the NFLPA yet.