• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hawks apparently no longer interested in Drummond; But what about Steven Adams?

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Apparently this is going to go down as our board's most active trade thread, other than that of Tony Snell of course.

Article from CBS last week:

Andre Drummond trade rumors: Hawks no longer engaged with Pistons in talks for former All-Star, per report

In my humble opinion, Drummond make little sense for Atlanta to begin with. Because he basically could have opted out at the end of the year and left them with nothing.

With a guy like Steven Adams, however, that would not immediately be the case.

Of all of OKC's veterans, Adams is the one I would probably shop the hardest, given that extra year of team control to give any potential trade partner an opportunity to convince him to stick around. And if Adams is dealt, OKC still has Nerlens Noel who from the surface appears to have a good rap with Chris Paul.

Any deal for Adams would have to include the expiring contract of either Evan Turner or Chandler Parsons (more likely Turner depending on whether or not you think Parsons is healthy enough to be traded), as well as some combination of the Brooklyn pick, Alex Len, and maybe a second round pick.

Any thoughts on Steven Adams?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is the heart and soul of the team and a fan favorite. He is finally earning his money this year and Presti will move him if he is made an offer he can’t refuse. Presti has put himself in a great position with the team playing so well, no deal has to be made.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is the heart and soul of the team and a fan favorite. He is finally earning his money this year and Presti will move him if he is made an offer he can’t refuse. Presti has put himself in a great position with the team playing so well, no deal has to be made.

The Thunder appear to be in a great position. In a lot of ways, they are this years version of last years Clippers (I believe that might be the first time I've compared a team to the Clippers as a compliment lol).

The current roster isn't winning any titles, but it's a playoff caliber roster that needs a couple of star caliber players to make them contenders.

Also, outside of CP3 (34) and to a lesser extent, Gallo (31), it's a pretty young roster. Which gives them some flexibility and a little time to do make sure they get the right pieces.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Thunder appear to be in a great position. In a lot of ways, they are this years version of last years Clippers (I believe that might be the first time I've compared a team to the Clippers as a compliment lol).

The current roster isn't winning any titles, but it's a playoff caliber roster that needs a couple of star caliber players to make them contenders.

Also, outside of CP3 (34) and to a lesser extent, Gallo (31), it's a pretty young roster. Which gives them some flexibility and a little time to do make sure they get the right pieces.

Yes all true, the biggest issue Presti has is they are still way over the cap next year and I know that won’t stand.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes all true, the biggest issue Presti has is they are still way over the cap next year and I know that won’t stand.

21/22 will be the year they can really consider reloading. Will still be stuck with CP3 most likely (player option for $54M, yikes) and Adams will also be a free agent, plus decisions to be made on Ferguson and Diallo.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I keep Adams if I'm the Thunder, he's 1 of their top talents.