• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Have you ever cried over a sporting event?

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me, but my younger sister. She cried when her favorite horse, Carry Back, lost. She was like 8 years old. This would have been some time back in the 1950s.

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I did punch a hole in the wall when the vikings decided to take a knee on 3rd and 1 to set up a morten anderson field goal, which he missed, that would have sealed the deal on the atlanta falcons. My friends dad made me pay for it. 499 dollars, i learned my lesson.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet there were quite a few of those games against GB, huh?

No doubt. I was at the 2010 NFC Title game and the 2013 Week 17 NFC North title win/in game. Both hurt very badly and I'll never totally get over them. It was more the way that the losses went down. Cutler injury, the blown coverage, etc. For instance, you guys also ended our season on Christmas day 2011. But we were on our 3rd QB and had lost 4 in a row since Cutler/Forte went down. You guys were 15-1, kicked our ass and I wasn't all that upset. lol

04-08 under the early Lovie regime was our only period of consistent success against GB since Favre, essentially. Going 8-2. So, it's an unfortunate expectation that we will struggle at this point.

My hope is that with Rodgers time coming soon enough. That you guys finally have to experience the real world of struggling to find a QB.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I did punch a hole in the wall when the vikings decided to take a knee on 3rd and 1 to set up a morten anderson field goal, which he missed, that would have sealed the deal on the atlanta falcons. My friends dad made me pay for it. 499 dollars, i learned my lesson.

Wow. I totally forgot about that. That has to be one of the worst decisions in NFL history. Like... just run/sneak it. Two hands on the ball. If you get it, the game is nearly iced by the clock. If not, THEN you still have the field goal. Talk about unnecessarily handcuffing yourself.

That miss was the football gods punishing Denny Green. Rightfully.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just lost a Golden Retriever/Border Collie Mix a few weeks back. Best Dog Ever.
Wow! Awesome mix! That dog had to have been amazing! I'm extremely jealous! What were its strongest traits from each breed?

The wife and I have talked about possibly getting a puppy in the spring/summer. One of my border collies is 12 and is slowing down. One thing that greatly helped our psyche when we lost Vader was that we had a just gotten a new puppy border collie a couple weeks prior. We've talked about likely getting a Golden or Golden mix. You can bet I'll be scouring the country for a Golden/Border Collie pup!

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. I was at the 2010 NFC Title game and the 2013 Week 17 NFC North title win/in game. Both hurt very badly and I'll never totally get over them. It was more the way that the losses went down. Cutler injury, the blown coverage, etc. For instance, you guys also ended our season on Christmas day 2011. But we were on our 3rd QB and had lost 4 in a row since Cutler/Forte went down. You guys were 15-1, kicked our ass and I wasn't all that upset. lol

04-08 under the early Lovie regime was our only period of consistent success against GB since Favre, essentially. Going 8-2. So, it's an unfortunate expectation that we will struggle at this point.

My hope is that with Rodgers time coming soon enough. That you guys finally have to experience the real world of struggling to find a QB.

You infer that Packers fans never had a long stretch of shitty QBs. That is a complete falsehood brother.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed a 3 foot birdie putt my senior year on the 18th hole to send our team to states. I got on the bus and couldn’t hold back. Really sucked to go out like that.

Oh man, that sucks! Sorry my friend. At least you had an opportunity to go to states, I never did. So somewhat of a silver lining I guess

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Confession time. This could be for happy reasons or sad reasons, or just because you like to cry. And no, complaining over a bad call doesn't count unless you actually shed tears over it.

I'll start. There have been two times I cried. 1991 NFC championship game when the New York Giants beat the Niners 15-13 on a field goal as time expired. Before that FG, Roger Craig fumbled and the Giants hurt Joe Montana (again!). Ended the Niners' threepeat attempt. I was 11 years old then, so I think I should get a pass.

The other time was when the 1993 San Francisco Giants missed out on the postseason on the last day of the regular season. Giants had led the West almost all season and then fell behind by 5 games in the last month. They made a furious comeback to tie the Braves only to be blown out by the Dodgers in Game 162 after the Braves finished a season sweep of the Rockies earlier that day (something like 13-0 against Colorado that season. Damn the Rockies!!). I was 14 years old then, so looking back at it now, I feel ridiculous.
yup

2007 and 2011. 2007, more out of frustration they couldnt finish it.

2011, i was at a bar in mlford. the bruins had won the cup that year...months after my wife left. so i say i traded my wife in for a stanley cup, and i was cool with that.

but losing to NY a 2nd time, after my ex-wife took off to NY for an old BF...

stung. yea, i cried.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup

2007 and 2011. 2007, more out of frustration they couldnt finish it.

2011, i was at a bar in mlford. the bruins had won the cup that year...months after my wife left. so i say i traded my wife in for a stanley cup, and i was cool with that.

but losing to NY a 2nd time, after my ex-wife took off to NY for an old BF...

stung. yea, i cried.

NY boyfriend huh? Let me say this... I think it’s really big of you to put that behind you and still be friends with Dirt! Most men aren’t so forgiving. :D

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You infer that Packers fans never had a long stretch of shitty QBs. That is a complete falsehood brother.

Oh, don't I know it. Post-Lombardi era was a dark time in GB until Favre came along.

But... you have to have been born in the late 70's or earlier to have actually gone through just a glimpse of that. I mean, if you were born in 78 you were 14 when Favre broke out. lol. That's not even something I can really empathize with.

Starr's retirement to Favre's breakout is a 21 year window from 71 to 92.

So, sure... if you're like 45+? You totally get it. That leaves the majority of the population (along with myself) having never having seen it, though.

NFL-Solomon

The Father of The Potato Salad Poll Option
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Awesome mix! That dog had to have been amazing! I'm extremely jealous! What were its strongest traits from each breed?

The wife and I have talked about possibly getting a puppy in the spring/summer. One of my border collies is 12 and is slowing down. One thing that greatly helped our psyche when we lost Vader was that we had a just gotten a new puppy border collie a couple weeks prior. We've talked about likely getting a Golden or Golden mix. You can bet I'll be scouring the country for a Golden/Border Collie pup!
Well, we got him from a farm, he, his brothers and sisters mostly looked like smaller golden retrievers, though all the rest were actually colored that way with some white mixed it at the paws. Max was morphologically like a small golden, but colored like a border collie. Black with white paws, white nose end and big white belly. His face was a bit more pointed than a golden, but still had the golden's goofy smile. He had the softest mouth I've ever encountered in a dog, only time I ever got any teeth on skin was when he was a pup playing tug. A relative stranger could stick their hand right in his mouth and not worry about getting bit. He was the gentlest soul I've ever known. He wanted to meet everyone and every animal, not just dogs. He tried to make friends with deer, cats and rabbits too. When I'd take him to the dog park, there were a couple of dogs that attacked him on different occasion, and once separated, he'd go right back to them.
And smart! Both breeds are clever and he had it in spades. That dog could learn any tick in like 2 minutes. He also had amazing food control, and would only eat when he was hungry, and only enough to fill him, unlike most dogs I've known that would eat until they burst. One of his favorite things was to get a drink straight from the bathtub faucette instead of his bowl. He was affectionate , but not a licker, in fact the only time I ever got a spontaneous lick from him when I was away on a trip for 2 weeks. he loved fetch and tug , but his favorite game was "find it" where I'd hide these little oyster cracker like liver treats around the house. He was very obedient, and most of his life I had him off leash with me in the yard. He was a damn good dog.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, don't I know it. Post-Lombardi era was a dark time in GB until Favre came along.

But... you have to have been born in the late 70's or earlier to have actually gone through just a glimpse of that. I mean, if you were born in 78 you were 14 when Favre broke out. lol. That's not even something I can really empathize with.

So, sure... if you're like 45+? You totally get it. That leaves the majority of the population (along with myself) having never having seen it, though.

Older that that. Being a Wisconsin based sports fan in the 70s and 80s was hell. Except for a couple of years by the Bucks in the early 70s and the Brewers in the early 80s, we had zip-nada.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you have to go to a plan B, look at Brittanys. Smart, energetic and kid friendly.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

C'mon, you didn't like Magic Don Majkowski? I was an 8-year old kid just starting to follow sports, and I was thinking, man this guy makes plays like Joe Montana. I was watching a Packers-Saints game and rooting for the Packers to win so that the Niners could keep ahead of the Saints in the standings.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have and the one that really stuck with me for several days was the death of Pelle Lindbergh ( Philadelphia Flyers) goaltender who died wrecking his car. This young man was going to be a great netminder for years to come, but died at such a young age. And losing to the Oilers twice in the 80s.

Sean Taylor for me :suds: no doubt in my mind he’d be right with polomalu and Reed in greatest safety conversations

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Taylor for me :suds: no doubt in my mind he’d be right with polomalu and Reed in greatest safety conversations

Sean Taylor was something special, man. He was like a LB playing FS but with the speed and quickness of a CB.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we got him from a farm, he, his brothers and sisters mostly looked like smaller golden retrievers, though all the rest were actually colored that way with some white mixed it at the paws. Max was morphologically like a small golden, but colored like a border collie. Black with white paws, white nose end and big white belly. His face was a bit more pointed than a golden, but still had the golden's goofy smile. He had the softest mouth I've ever encountered in a dog, only time I ever got any teeth on skin was when he was a pup playing tug. A relative stranger could stick their hand right in his mouth and not worry about getting bit. He was the gentlest soul I've ever known. He wanted to meet everyone and every animal, not just dogs. He tried to make friends with deer, cats and rabbits too. When I'd take him to the dog park, there were a couple of dogs that attacked him on different occasion, and once separated, he'd go right back to them.
And smart! Both breeds are clever and he had it in spades. That dog could learn any tick in like 2 minutes. He also had amazing food control, and would only eat when he was hungry, and only enough to fill him, unlike most dogs I've known that would eat until they burst. One of his favorite things was to get a drink straight from the bathtub faucette instead of his bowl. He was affectionate , but not a licker, in fact the only time I ever got a spontaneous lick from him when I was away on a trip for 2 weeks. he loved fetch and tug , but his favorite game was "find it" where I'd hide these little oyster cracker like liver treats around the house. He was very obedient, and most of his life I had him off leash with me in the yard. He was a damn good dog.
Awesome! Dogs like that bring such joy into humans' lives!

I obviously love Goldens and Border Collies and you got the best of both worlds! Amazing! You were certainly blessed to have him!

Sgt. Schultz

I KNOW NUTTZING!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No...but very very close..fucking Ken Morrow