• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Have you ever cried over a sporting event?

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 1989 in Heidelberg Germany, at my sisters high school track and field event I saw a judge, who was an army ranger, get hit in between the eyes with the disc and his eyeballs fell out of the sockets and fall on his checks. Medics had to put his eyes in cups and tap them to his face. I was in 6th or 7th grade and I started crying when I saw it. He went totally blind and was discharged.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Confession time. This could be for happy reasons or sad reasons, or just because you like to cry. And no, complaining over a bad call doesn't count unless you actually shed tears over it.

I'll start. There have been two times I cried. 1991 NFC championship game when the New York Giants beat the Niners 15-13 on a field goal as time expired. Before that FG, Roger Craig fumbled and the Giants hurt Joe Montana (again!). Ended the Niners' threepeat attempt. I was 11 years old then, so I think I should get a pass.

The other time was when the 1993 San Francisco Giants missed out on the postseason on the last day of the regular season. Giants had led the West almost all season and then fell behind by 5 games in the last month. They made a furious comeback to tie the Braves only to be blown out by the Dodgers in Game 162 after the Braves finished a season sweep of the Rockies earlier that day (something like 13-0 against Colorado that season. Damn the Rockies!!). I was 14 years old then, so looking back at it now, I feel ridiculous.

As a Michigan fan, in late November, my shrink is on speed dial ... so yes!!

As a Lions fan, I already know what to expect ... no

Tigers, Red Wings and Piston ... no, I just remember the good years.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also - I did not cry after Game 6 of the 2011 World Series. I did sit staring blankly at the TV for over 30 minutes, though.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An honest answer. No clowning around.

I would say the closest I came was when Roger Staubach had his retirement speech and he got to the part about "the man with the funny hat" and his voice cracked hard.

I was only 13 and my first ever sports hero was saying goodbye.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 1989 in Heidelberg Germany, at my sisters high school track and field event I saw a judge, who was an army ranger, get hit in between the eyes with the disc and his eyeballs fell out of the sockets and fall on his checks. Medics had to put his eyes in cups and tap them to his face. I was in 6th or 7th grade and I started crying when I saw it. He went totally blind and was discharged.

If that's true, all I can say if holy fucking shit....

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How socialized is your brother's dog? Is he kind of in a similar situation as you?... Not much socialization with other dogs? If so, it will be good to get the dogs together frequently so they can help each other socialize. When you do, always keep in mind that the dogs feed off human energy. If you're calm, they will be calm. If their calm together often, each dog will develop greater comfort in the company of other dogs.

One of the most problematic and greatest points of tension is the introduction of two dogs - even if the dogs are familiar with each other. A beneficial action - no matter whose house - is to take all dogs for a walk together BEFORE you enter the house. Then as the walk concludes - no matter how long the walk is - walk the dogs into the house together. Doing so will eliminate territorial tensions.

Thanks! I'll try this stuff out.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can add Jimmy Johnson and Troy Aikman. Does today's incident count?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd still cry about that now.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was Monday Night Football. I had hit the 1st five teams of my six team parlay......

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Fuck no.
Tony Montana.