• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Has the SEC been exposed?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fpmwcd.jpg

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is that 23 years that UF has not left Florida for an OCC game?

I distinctly remember playing Ohio state in Arizona... The only out of state out of conference game that mattered a few years ago.. what difference does that make.?.. If its nit one thing its another.. haters gonna hate.. the sec isn't going to bend over for the rest of the conferences we have a system that works..maybe yours need to take a page from our book consecutive NC's speak volumes.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is the problem. The recent run of success has convinced the SEC that they don't need to play home and home against a variety of targets to get the BCS rating they need. They're right. But it doesn't change the fact that they don't even play outside their region very often. It could actually play against them this year. If Alabama had gone to Oklahoma like Notre Dame did, and beaten them, it takes a bit away from both K State and Notre Dame's SOS brownie points when it comes time for the media and coaches to influence the BCS.

We'll have our 4 team playoff soon enough.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is the problem. The recent run of success has convinced the SEC that they don't need to play home and home against a variety of targets to get the BCS rating they need. They're right. But it doesn't change the fact that they don't even play outside their region very often. It could actually play against them this year. If Alabama had gone to Oklahoma like Notre Dame did, and beaten them, it takes a bit away from both K State and Notre Dame's SOS brownie points when it comes time for the media and coaches to influence the BCS.

ok.. Then what.. Do you really think that the sec won't be represented?.. Highly doubtful.. Then what will the next thing be.. It doesn't end.. If its not scheduleing its our ooc games.. We never leave the south.. Blah blah blah..

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wouldn't matter. That win wouldn't offset the loss, so what is there to gain? The SEC isn't being penalized for their scheduling, so what is the incentive to change?

As for stronger OOC games, A&M asked Texas for one and was told no. :ss:

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's effective, but boring as fuck to watch... seems to me that by creating the BCS to "keep the integrity" of the regular season, they inadvertently diluted it by indirectly rewarding soft OOC scheduling....

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's effective, but boring as fuck to watch... seems to me that by creating the BCS to "keep the integrity" of the regular season, they inadvertently diluted it by indirectly rewarding soft OOC scheduling....

I disagree. Without the SEC, there would be a whole lot of nothing to watch early in the season. This year in week 2 we already had UF at A&M. I enjoy having meaningful games that early, rather than having to wait through 2-3 weeks of crap until conference games start.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Without the SEC, there would be a whole lot of nothing to watch early in the season. This year in week 2 we already had UF at A&M. I enjoy having meaningful games that early, rather than having to wait through 2-3 weeks of crap until conference games start.

because only conference games should be competitive?

O
O
C

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year....BAMA vs Michigan week 1
Last year...LSU vs Oregon week 1

:noidea:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn played Clemson...

So there was one game worth watching (at the time). That really supports the not "being boring as fuck to watch" idea, I guess.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok.. Then what.. Do you really think that the sec won't be represented?.. Highly doubtful.. Then what will the next thing be.. It doesn't end.. If its not scheduleing its our ooc games.. We never leave the south.. Blah blah blah..

Your team just happens to be a pro at not just one of those, but both.
I would get annoyed watching my team beat up on nancys every year as a fan, but maybe that's just me

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your team just happens to be a pro at not just one of those, but both.
I would get annoyed watching my team beat up on nancys every year as a fan, but maybe that's just me

(cough)JMU(cough)

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then what after the 4 team playoffs? No, I suspect that the SEC will be represented and I suspect it won't matter as much what their OOC looks like. Sorry, I can only feed your regional xenophobia so far in this conversation.