• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Has Seattle Jumped the Shark?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Seattle looks like an 8-11 win team next year depending on how their oline holds up. Not a terribly bad place to be.

Pretty accurate I think, being a homer I'd make it 8-12, but why quibble. Think your right on the money on the OL, that is the key piece or unit that will decide how the season goes.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle should be fine if they keep up the winner attitude they've developed under PC.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda curious why he wouldn't pay the whole freight himself?
Because he wanted a commitment from the local politicians, business leaders, and fans. No one on our neck of the woods is complaining about it.
I also paid $4500 for 2 PSL's when the Clink opened. those dollars went straight to Mr.Allen. I still own those 2 PSL's and current market for resale is about $30G for the pair. You think I'm bitching?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the plus side Hawks fans if the "wheel has come off";

All the bandwagon fans will jump ship and you can have your team back!
The band wagon fans bother all you guys. Us, not so much.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he wanted a commitment from the local politicians, business leaders, and fans. No one on our neck of the woods is complaining about it.
I also paid $4500 for 2 PSL's when the Clink opened. those dollars went straight to Mr.Allen. I still own those 2 PSL's and current market for resale is about $30G for the pair. You think I'm bitching?

Commitment for what?

He owned the team, the land and all the chips in the game. Just build the damn stadium, put together a solid team and everything else takes care of itself. Milking the taxpayers (many of whom couldn't give a damn about football) when he was siting on enough money to build the facility a hundred times over was lame.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all relative. NFCW is a very competitive Div, even with SF meltdown.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I follow you. An owner can take his team and leave regardless of whether or not the fans help pay for the stadium. Fans pour their hearts and souls into their teams. Help finance them. Pay outrageous prices in and near the stadium. Then have the owner up and leave if they choose to.
Seattle fans still upset that tge Sonics left.
Just imagine what would happen if Paul Allen decided to leave with his team? Highly unlikely yes, but never say never.
Litigation would not allow that to happen. The local community has invested a fair share and has a claim to the stadium and the team that plays there in the lease agreement between Vulcan and King County. Similar to the situation we had with Behring who had the team down in LA in his try to move the Seahawks. Seattle held an iron clad lease that vanquished that move.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Commitment for what?

He owned the team, the land and all the chips in the game. Just build the damn stadium, put together a solid team and everything else takes care of itself. Milking the taxpayers (many of whom couldn't give a damn about football) when he was siting on enough money to build the facility a hundred times over was lame.
Are you daft? He did not yet own the team. A financial commitment is what he demanded. He said upfront he wasn't going to pay the entire bill.
Again, the only ones that bitch are not Seahawk fans. People exactly like you Rexy.
Suggestion, bitch about OJ. It is a more current topic.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Litigation would not allow that to happen. The local community has invested a fair share and has a claim to the stadium and the team that plays there in the lease agreement between Vulcan and King County. Similar to the situation we had with Behring who had the team down in LA in his try to move the Seahawks. Seattle held an iron clad lease that vanquished that move.
Really? I can see them possibly having a claim to the name. Possibly the stadium. But, not the team. If that's fact, that's great for Seattle. Surprised more cities don't do that?

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you daft? He did not yet own the team. A financial commitment is what he demanded. He said upfront he wasn't going to pay the entire bill.
Again, the only ones that bitch are not Seahawk fans. People exactly like you Rexy.
Suggestion, bitch about OJ. It is a more current topic.

He had the money to make everything happen without bilking the taxpayers of Seattle, simple as that. He didn't need any damn financial commitment from Seattle, but you suckers fell for it.

Of course the bandwagon fans like you, uhsplit tail will defend him til the cows come home because of one lucky (lucky you got to play PM) SB win.

I ain't bitchin BTW, just pointing out the obvious.

And I do give him credit for installing a top of the line sound amplification system. :thumb:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since some posters here are happily posting homer threads, I figured I would counter this spirit with a little good old fashioned Philly-style negadelphia.

To wit: Have the Seattle Seahawks jumped the shark?

Before you answer, consider this:

* Teams that go to back to back Super Bowls tend to drop off considerably in future years.

* The team's emotional catalyst, RB Marshawn Lynch, has retired and was last seen hanging out with Bill Clinton in Oakland.

* The Jimmy Graham trade was clearly a huge mistake.

* An already mediocre offensive line has lost starters Russell Okung and J.R. Sweezy.

* The defensive front lost Brandon Mebane and Bruce Irvin.

Now, Seattle does have a stellar 3/4ths of a defensive backfield. And a smart, young franchise QB. So it is likely to remain in playoff contention.

But have the days of the Seahawks as a championship contending team ended? I'd certainly put my money on Arizona going forward in that same division.

"I ain't got time for no Seahawks Super Bowl talk, me and my boy Bill about to go get some here in Oakland, boss..."

View attachment 104808

You make some good points but what does "considerable drop off mean"? Like in 3 to 4 yrs or 8-10 yrs?
I love Lynch, but Rawls filled in nicely. Over 800 yds in 7 games behind a shit o-line is pretty damn good, so of course it remains to be seen but I think we'll be fine. Losing Irvin hurts but we still have Wags and Wright who aren't slouches. I won't say the Jimmy Graham trade was a huge mistake (yet) since him and Wilson were finally showing signs of life the last 3 games before Graham went down. Our o-line wasn't mediocre, it was down right horrid. This years draft is huge to replenish what we have lost but I still believe the team will be in the SB contenders talk for some years to come. Arizona will have its hands full on trying to repeat as NFCW Champs.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young and talented.
He had the money to make everything happen without bilking the taxpayers of Seattle, simple as that. He didn't need any damn financial commitment from Seattle, but you suckers fell for it.

Of course the bandwagon fans like you, uhsplit tail will defend him til the cows come home because of one lucky (lucky you got to play PM) SB win.

I ain't bitchin BTW, just pointing out the obvious.

And I do give him credit for installing a top of the line sound amplification system. :thumb:

And again, there sure is a fvck load of 'suckers' out there. Because that's just the way it gets done in most places.

And for crissakes, Seattle no longer has an NBA team because they called some rich owner fat-cats bluff.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? I can see them possibly having a claim to the name. Possibly the stadium. But, not the team. If that's fact, that's great for Seattle. Surprised more cities don't do that?
It is not about a claim to the name.