• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Has Seattle Jumped the Shark?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying Wilson is bad, in fact I think he is good. But I think he needs a balanced or run heavy attack to be successful. I don't think he is a gifted enough passer to carry a team if he was passing most of the time. I haven't looked at the Seattle play calling, but I don't remember them becoming a pass first attack, ever.

Bottom line I think he will be better if he is in a scheme where he doesn't need to throw it 60% of the time--like most QBs. I am not saying he is worse than average or anything of the sort.

To me, the real problem with Seattle is that line. If Wilson had a good OL, maybe he would indeed become a Drew Brees style passer. But that's not the situation.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except there was that whole eight game stretch after Rawls went down where he put up TD/INT numbers that, had you know, never been done before. So other than that half season, sure he's never shown he can be the guy to throw to lead the team to wins.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this Seahawk talk is boring. Me thinks it's time for another Katy Perry pic.

zsaQk.gif

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying Wilson is bad, in fact I think he is good. But I think he needs a balanced or run heavy attack to be successful. I don't think he is a gifted enough passer to carry a team if he was passing most of the time. I haven't looked at the Seattle play calling, but I don't remember them becoming a pass first attack, ever.

There are some that argue that it is Wilson that helps the running game.

The Seahawks play a conservative system because they have a very good defense. In the few times that Wilson has been asked to throw a lot he certainly did pretty well.
Bottom line I think he will be better if he is in a scheme where he doesn't need to throw it 60% of the time--like most QBs. I am not saying he is worse than average or anything of the sort.

Successful teams throw less frequently.

Look at this chart.

Of the top 10 passing frequency teams, only 1 was a playoff team and only 2 in the top 15. Conversely, of the 10 lowest pass frequency teams, 6 were playoff teams.

To me, the real problem with Seattle is that line. If Wilson had a good OL, maybe he would indeed become a Drew Brees style passer. But that's not the situation.

The Seahawk OL has always been the problem with Wilson. Turnstile of mostly average blockers.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Small fry isn't going to be the deciding factor in this years team and their odds of making a deep playoff run. He's proven he can pick up the team when asked, however their dreadful line could derail his efforts. The story of their season will come down to the O line play, the health and productivity of their running backs, and their depth/health/productivity on the D line, particularly the pass rush.

Every team has holes and question marks. If there is a team that looks solid now, just wait for the injuries and see if they don't find those holes. Wilson will be one of those holes unless he gets injured and exposes our backup.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What is it about his passing or skillset that leads you to believe that he needs those things to succeed?

This isnt Alex Smith that just doesnt have the arm to make the throws, thus needs a great small ball team in order to succeed.

Last edited: