• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Has no one seriously posted the twitter "war" between harbs and rome yet?

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like his antics, and I wouldn't think you would either. Sleepovers at kids' houses? The constant hissy fits on the sidelines? Yes, some other coaches have been involved on Twitter before. However, they haven't added Twitter feuds to the other laundry list of items that make them look like clowns, such as Harbaugh.

As a coach in terms of intelligence and ability, he's great and should turn michigan around. As a person, he's annoying and his antics are childish. I can't believe michigan fans would want their coach acting this way.

My view is to let Jim Harbaugh be Jim Harbaugh. While it's not part of my personality to respond to personal attacks, I don't blame him for calling out Rome.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you confused about?

I stated Harbaugh can't do this for long if he can't beat MSU or Ohio State because people like Rome will just fire back with "41-14".
It was 42-13, for accuracy purposes.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Michigan football really become this irrelevant that they need a seeking attention whore as their head coach just to promote the football program? It's looking like that's the case...

You're entitled to your opinion.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says a lot more about the effeminate male fan who flocks to this kind of TMZ media coverage.

Yeah, probably. It also doesn't say much for the masculinity of a coach who would give this TMZ-style coverage a minute of his time in response.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you think he should have just ignored Rome's personal attack?

I do. As others have pointed out, what does he say when one of his players posts something stupid or gets into a twitter war with someone? Do as I say, not as I do? Kind of hurts his credibility on the issue, imo.

Having said that, why kids aren't in a team picture isn't a football question and teams don't typically give out information on suspended players. Sometimes reporters ask questions they know aren't going to be answered just to elicit a reaction (that type of question marked the beginning of the end for Kiffin at USC).

Imo, everyone is wrong on this one. Harbaugh just gets made to look worse because guys like Rome have a platform to go after him.

Last edited:

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do. As others have pointed out, what does he say when one of his players posts something stupid or gets into a twitter war with someone? Do as I say, not as I do? Kind of hurts his credibility on the issue, imo.

I'm guessing that there is also an electronic media code of conduct at most schools, and Harbaugh's response could border on violating that code.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't disagree. But, we'll have to see if this is the case. So far, I haven't seen any similar Twitter responses from Michigan players.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're entitled to your opinion.

Obviously. I'd honestly be embarrassed if Brian Kelly did what Harbaugh did. And then Rome coming back and saying the same thing about how the championship game against Bama turned out. I guess Harbaughs line of thinking is any pub is good pub.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing that there is also an electronic media code of conduct at most schools, and Harbaugh's response could border on violating that code.

In what way could Harbaugh's response violate a school's "media code"?

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously. I'd honestly be embarrassed if Brian Kelly did what Harbaugh did. And then Rome coming back and saying the same thing about how the championship game against Bama turned out. I guess Harbaughs line of thinking is any pub is good pub.

Notre Dame fans should be embarrassed by a lot of things Brian Kelly does.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you actually trying to say that Rome didn't think he would be "protected" by the situation (a TV interview) and that would keep Everett from doing anything but arguing with him? I think Rome was a coward and surprised by Everett's reaction. Further, Rome's essentially calling Everett a "girl" was spots "journalism" at its worst. BTW, where is Jim Rome practicing his brand of journalism today?

To a few points here. Skip Bayless still having a job trumps Rome as journalism at its worst.

As far as what happened to Rome, I thought it was funny as hell. But, still, you are just being a blind hater if you don't at least acknowledge that, controlled situation or not, talking shit to the man to his face has more merit than these guys who will say shit about athletes but never give them the chance to respond one-on-one.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In what way could Harbaugh's response violate a school's "media code"?

Without knowing what their specific policy is, I couldn't say.

Most institutions have generic social media policies that blanket-prohibit any kind of material that could reflect negatively on the organization. Some are very explicit, most are extremely general and leave a lot of room for interpretation.

Effectively, Harbaugh made a veiled threat to physically harm Rome. You might disagree, understandably, but it could be interpreted as a threat. Even if you exclude that possibility, it still could be seen as detrimental to the schools' image.

This is why you just. don't. do it.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he wasn't such a tool, I probably would enjoy him. I listened when he was on ESPN after I finally discovered ESPN radio in BR. And I usually agreed with him, but he would treat the people that called in like crap. He really ticked me off.

Also discovered SVP and Russilo like their last 6-8 months, was a daily listener. I was crushed when they took SVP off the air.

svp and russilo was so boring it hurt. can't stand listening to russilo talk, and svp has never impressed me.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
scarring-from-burns.jpg

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes, you guys make Tebow haters look like they have lives.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are, this would add to the list. But at least I don't act like he isn't an embarrassment to the University. This is embarrassing for Michigan IMO.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like killing people?

Obviously, and I wouldn't have cared if his ass got canned for that move. Said it right after it happened.

It's just funny that Michigan fans keep defending all these embarrassing things Harbaugh has done. But hey, I get it, anything to win games.