• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Has no one seriously posted the twitter "war" between harbs and rome yet?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It shows the coach is a child and a poor example for the kids he is supposed to be showing how to be a man.
So sticking up for yourself is childish?

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can bash on Rome but give his due in the Everett debacle.

Takes a set of balls most of the Twitter generation lacks to say to the man's face what he has been saying behind his back.

Most of today's coward ass social media generation would piss their pants and backtrack if a Jim Everett showed up to confront them for calling him Chris.

Rome sat right across from him and manned up and said it to his face even if it meant he had to take an ass beating for it.

That, to me, at least deserves a small amount of respect.

Alot more respect than what we have today with punk-ass "journalists" trashing people on Twitter but never facing them one-on-one.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you confused about?

I stated Harbaugh can't do this for long if he can't beat MSU or Ohio State because people like Rome will just fire back with "41-14".

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't show that he doesn't take any shit, that shows that even a common troll on Twitter can get under his skin. The best message is to ignore it completely. Seeing my coach try and get into a petty fight on social media makes him look like a douche. Seeing him roll it off his shoulder and not give a fuck makes him look like a professional and a leader.
I like it, quite frankly -- it makes me like it more that it annoys so many people outside the program.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you confused about?

I stated Harbaugh can't do this for long if he can't beat MSU or Ohio State because people like Rome will just fire back with "41-14".
Nevermind, misread it.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it, quite frankly -- it makes me like it more that it annoys so many people outside the program.
I don't think it annoys anyone outside the program. It basically just strengthens their general notion that he's unprofessional and a clown, and makes it easy for them to point it out. The ones who are getting annoyed, at least in my experience, are the michigan fans themselves.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it annoys anyone outside the program. It basically just strengthens their general notion that he's unprofessional and a clown, and makes it easy for them to point it out. The ones who are getting annoyed, at least in my experience, are the michigan fans themselves.
Nope. Love it. I was annoyed when we had a loser who apologized for things. Harbaugh doesn't take shit, and I lvoe it.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting unnecessary confrontation. If a kid does this type of crap most coaches say,"well this is why you don't go on twitter." But he is the coach, so now the kids can say, but coach I just saw you do it a month ago, so screw you. If you don't believe me, go watch Last Chance U. Not exactly the same thing happens, but the coach chewed them out for something he did and lost his team.

So, you think he should have just ignored Rome's personal attack?

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your criticism of Harbaugh is laughable, transparent, and not worthy of you, Across the Field. First, I can't point to any poster on this message board who, when personally attacked, would not respond. Harbaugh's response was warranted (whether you like him or not) and innocuous and hardly deserved Rome's personal attack. Second, because Harbaugh is Michigan's coach and represents a real threat to Ohio State's dominance of the B1G, there's no way you could be objective in this matter, anyway. Your characterization of him as "unprofessional" is completely predictable. That anyone could defend sports writers for their inane questions or someone like Rome in this case is hypocritical when you consider other fans' past reactions to similar confrontations between them and their coaches.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can bash on Rome but give his due in the Everett debacle.

Takes a set of balls most of the Twitter generation lacks to say to the man's face what he has been saying behind his back.

Most of today's coward ass social media generation would piss their pants and backtrack if a Jim Everett showed up to confront them for calling him Chris.

Rome sat right across from him and manned up and said it to his face even if it meant he had to take an ass beating for it.

That, to me, at least deserves a small amount of respect.

Alot more respect than what we have today with punk-ass "journalists" trashing people on Twitter but never facing them one-on-one.

Are you actually trying to say that Rome didn't think he would be "protected" by the situation (a TV interview) and that would keep Everett from doing anything but arguing with him? I think Rome was a coward and surprised by Everett's reaction. Further, Rome's essentially calling Everett a "girl" was spots "journalism" at its worst. BTW, where is Jim Rome practicing his brand of journalism today?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your criticism of Harbaugh is laughable, transparent, and not worthy of you, Across the Field. First, I can't point to any poster on this message board who, when personally attacked, would not respond. Harbaugh's response was warranted (whether you like him or not) and innocuous and hardly deserved Rome's personal attack. Second, because Harbaugh is Michigan's coach and represents a real threat to Ohio State's dominance of the B1G, there's no way you could be objective in this matter, anyway. Your characterization of him as "unprofessional" is completely predictable. That anyone could defend sports writers for their inane questions or someone like Rome in this case is hypocritical when you consider other fans' past reactions to similar confrontations between them and their coaches.
First off, no poster on this board is a major college football head coach. If they were, I would hope they wouldn't stoop to the level Harbaugh is in getting involved in Twitter banter with media trolls like Rome, especially this close to the season. There's a reason you don't see Urban, Saban, Swinney, Stoops, Dantonio getting involved in these childish sort of things - it's below them, as it should be for Harbaugh or any coach at a program like michigan.

Secondly, my fandom doesn't preclude me from having an opinion on this sort of stuff. It doesn't take an OSU fan to point out how childish he acts. Ripping into reporters for doing their jobs? Getting into social media wars? When you pile this on top of the other stupid shit he's done at michigan so far, it's really not difficult to criticize him, OSU fan or not. I'm not defending Rome per se, but that's his job. He's a talking head, and this is the sort of stuff that keeps him in his current position. He's a troll. However, those reports' questions weren't inane, they were very relevant and pertinent. Harbaugh's reaction was way over the top. I mean, getting mad at reporters for asking about suspended players? Does he think he's the first coach to ever field that question?

He's a clown, plain and simple. I've said it before and I'll say it again, regardless of my OSU fandom, michigan deserves better from their coach.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, but if he beats those teams I want him to do this twice as often.

It's a risky line to walk. What if he never actually beats those teams? Then he's seen as a bloviating idiot with no substance who couldn't back up his talk.

Or, let's say he beats them a few times, but can't continue winning consistently. When the losing starts up again, these kinds of antics are brought up as Exhibit A on why he should be fired, because he spent more time preparing twidder retorts than he did preparing his teams to play.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, no poster on this board is a major college football head coach. If they were, I would hope they wouldn't stoop to the level Harbaugh is in getting involved in Twitter banter with media trolls like Rome, especially this close to the season. There's a reason you don't see Urban, Saban, Swinney, Stoops, Dantonio getting involved in these childish sort of things - it's below them, as it should be for Harbaugh or any coach at a program like michigan.

Secondly, my fandom doesn't preclude me from having an opinion on this sort of stuff. It doesn't take an OSU fan to point out how childish he acts. Ripping into reporters for doing their jobs? Getting into social media wars? When you pile this on top of the other stupid shit he's done at michigan so far, it's really not difficult to criticize him, OSU fan or not. I'm not defending Rome per se, but that's his job. He's a talking head, and this is the sort of stuff that keeps him in his current position. He's a troll. However, those reports' questions weren't inane, they were very relevant and pertinent. Harbaugh's reaction was way over the top. I mean, getting mad at reporters for asking about suspended players? Does he think he's the first coach to ever field that question?

He's a clown, plain and simple. I've said it before and I'll say it again, regardless of my OSU fandom, michigan deserves better from their coach.

I guess you forgot about the Twitter responses from other coaches this summer. And, I invite you to look at the past responses from other HCs (even the ones you mention) when asked similar questions. You don't like Harbaugh. Okay, I get it. You're entitled to your opinion.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you forgot about the Twitter responses from other coaches this summer. And, I invite you to look at the past responses from other HCs (even the ones you mention) when asked similar questions. You don't like Harbaugh. Okay, I get it. You're entitled to your opinion.
I don't like his antics, and I wouldn't think you would either. Sleepovers at kids' houses? The constant hissy fits on the sidelines? Yes, some other coaches have been involved on Twitter before. However, they haven't added Twitter feuds to the other laundry list of items that make them look like clowns, such as Harbaugh.

As a coach in terms of intelligence and ability, he's great and should turn michigan around. As a person, he's annoying and his antics are childish. I can't believe michigan fans would want their coach acting this way.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, which means that it takes a special level of doush to make Rome the sympathetic character

Says a lot more about the effeminate male fan who flocks to this kind of TMZ media coverage.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Michigan football really become this irrelevant that they need a seeking attention whore as their head coach just to promote the football program? It's looking like that's the case...