• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Has no one seriously posted the twitter "war" between harbs and rome yet?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a self righteous arrogant prick. Can't stand Rome or Cowherd for that matter.
Aside from a commercial or two with that fat black guy from Missouri (forget his name) when he switched to Fox, I haven't heard or seen Cowherd in years.

Can't handle that uppiddy lil prick.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from a commercial or two with that fat black guy from Missouri (forget his name) when he switched to Fox, I haven't heard or seen Cowherd in years.

Can't handle that uppiddy lil prick.
If he wasn't such a tool, I probably would enjoy him. I listened when he was on ESPN after I finally discovered ESPN radio in BR. And I usually agreed with him, but he would treat the people that called in like crap. He really ticked me off.

Also discovered SVP and Russilo like their last 6-8 months, was a daily listener. I was crushed when they took SVP off the air.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he wasn't such a tool, I probably would enjoy him. I listened when he was on ESPN after I finally discovered ESPN radio in BR. And I usually agreed with him, but he would treat the people that called in like crap. He really ticked me off.

Also discovered SVP and Russilo like their last 6-8 months, was a daily listener. I was crushed when they took SVP off the air.
One day he went on a rant about how a lady with her kids needed to give up their seats on a plane so important people could about their lives. That was the last time I listened.

SVP was great on the radio. One of my favorites Alltime for sure. (Kornheiser and Papa Joe in the 90's are still at the top. Don't even remember the network anymore tbh.)

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like Rome, but he got this one.

Here's the thing: Rome has no chance of erasing his encounter with Everett. It's out there. And, IMO, he got what he deserved. Harbaugh, on the other hand, can overcome the defeat at Ohio State with an excellent 2016 season that ends with the Wolverines beating the Buckeyes on their own turf. I look forward to that game.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing: Rome has no chance of erasing his encounter with Everett. It's out there. And, IMO, he got what he deserved. Harbaugh, on the other hand, can overcome the defeat at Ohio State with an excellent 2016 season that ends with the Wolverines beating the Buckeyes on their own turf. I look forward to that game.

Yes, Rome is a douche. But he burned Harbaugh flat out.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Rome is a douche. But he burned Harbaugh flat out.
While I agree, he did have a good response. You have to give props to Harbaugh as well, as I forgot all about the Chris Everett debacle. Rome was tough until Everett stood up and tossed him to the ground like a little girl.

That being said -- Harbaugh needs to stay off Twitter, especially when it is responding to someone like Rome. That guy is like nails on the chalkboard to me. Used to enjoy his shows back in the day, but his schtick is old and stale. I put him in the same category as Steven A. Smith. They can both go away

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree, he did have a good response. You have to give props to Harbaugh as well, as I forgot all about the Chris Everett debacle. Rome was tough until Everett stood up and tossed him to the ground like a little girl.

That being said -- Harbaugh needs to stay off Twitter, especially when it is responding to someone like Rome. That guy is like nails on the chalkboard to me. Used to enjoy his shows back in the day, but his schtick is old and stale. I put him in the same category as Steven A. Smith. They can both go away
How can you tell your kids don't be stupid on twitter and social media when you yourself do the same thing? Really stupid on Harbaugh's to me.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind Cowherd. I think he is one of the better radio personalities when it comes to sports betting.

I miss being able to listen to Mike and Mike, well, during football season. Coach and Coleman was a pretty good one too.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, why would you do a twitter war with Rome? He might be way too arrogant, but he is amazing at comebacks.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you tell your kids don't be stupid on twitter and social media when you yourself do the same thing? Really stupid on Harbaugh's to me.

Yeah. This is a very good point.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think Rome had a good comeback, but I love that Harbaugh does this stuff. I'm done with coaches who apologize for everything. If you say something shitty about Harbaugh, he's probably going to shoot off a retort. And I have to say, I did enjoy watching Rome frantically run away on his own set.

I will also say, Harbaugh probably can't continue to do this stuff if he loses to both OSU and MSU moving forward.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying this is why he does it, but Harbaugh is good at getting all of the attention and getting it off the kids. Two freshman suspended, Harbaugh walks off the interview and now the focus is on Harbaugh, no why the kids are suspended. Then this, more attention at Harbaugh and not on the kids. I suspect the players also like that he sticks up for himself and I'm guessing he uses that as some sort of example for the football field.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think Rome had a good comeback, but I love that Harbaugh does this stuff. I'm done with coaches who apologize for everything. If you say something shitty about Harbaugh, he's probably going to shoot off a retort. And I have to say, I did enjoy watching Rome frantically run away on his own set.

I will also say, Harbaugh probably can't continue to do this stuff if he loses to both OSU and MSU moving forward.
So is he going to shut off his Twitter or quitting Michigan, because we know beating Michigan State and Ohio State isn't in the cards for him.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is he going to shut off his Twitter or quitting Michigan, because we know beating Michigan State and Ohio State isn't in the cards for him.
All I'm saying is that it's hard to run your mouth if anyone, affiliated with Ohio State or not, can just rattle off, essentially, "scoreboard".

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why do you think it was stupid on Harbaugh's part?

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you think it was stupid on Harbaugh's part?
Starting unnecessary confrontation. If a kid does this type of crap most coaches say,"well this is why you don't go on twitter." But he is the coach, so now the kids can say, but coach I just saw you do it a month ago, so screw you. If you don't believe me, go watch Last Chance U. Not exactly the same thing happens, but the coach chewed them out for something he did and lost his team.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting unnecessary confrontation. If a kid does this type of crap most coaches say,"well this is why you don't go on twitter." But he is the coach, so now the kids can say, but coach I just saw you do it a month ago, so screw you. If you don't believe me, go watch Last Chance U. Not exactly the same thing happens, but the coach chewed them out for something he did and lost his team.
But it also shows that the coach doesn't take any shit either....so it depends on what message sinks in.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it also shows that the coach doesn't take any shit either....so it depends on what message sinks in.
That doesn't show that he doesn't take any shit, that shows that even a common troll on Twitter can get under his skin. The best message is to ignore it completely. Seeing my coach try and get into a petty fight on social media makes him look like a douche. Seeing him roll it off his shoulder and not give a fuck makes him look like a professional and a leader.