• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Has Harbaugh lost the locker room?

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fortunately for the 49ers, they have a very winnable game on Thursday night. A win then and they have 10 days to get shit sorted out.

A loss is a different story. It's going to be interesting!

The 49ers will get crushed on Thursday

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, the season after losing the SB is historically a down slide. If (and it's only an if at this point) he has lost the room, I have to start to wonder about some of the veterans in that room. The last few years, every time the niners had adversity, they seemed to quit on the coach. I personally am not high on Harbaugh anyway but this seems to be a problem in the whole organization. I don't know. This may amount to nothing or the thing may implode. We will see how it plays out.

The comment about keeping Smith to push Kaep is pretty silly. Smith would be struggling too with nothing in the run game and half the receiving corps down. And to compare that suggestion to Montana/Young? Um, no, just no.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers will get crushed on Thursday

Listen, Vegas is basically calling this thing a draw but I'm having a very difficult time betting against a Jeff Fisher-led home team against the reeling 49ers.

This is going to be a very interesting game.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure they are pissed I know I would be they were so close to a Superbowl win they could taste it and Harbaugh decided to roll the dice on this kid. They should have kept Alex as a way to keep pressure on CK. It worked for the 49ers before with Montana/Young.

You do know that this is a contract year for CK, right? He's already got a lot of pressure on him.

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aldon Smith will not play thursday which will be huge because our o-line was trash today. Just because the Cowboys beat us bad doesn't have anything to do with the next game. The Rams were great within the division last year but pretty much sucked outside of it. It SHOULD be a close game but I'm a homer.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aldon Smith will not play thursday which will be huge because our o-line was trash today. Just because the Cowboys beat us bad doesn't have anything to do with the next game. The Rams were great within the division last year but pretty much sucked outside of it. It SHOULD be a close game but I'm a homer.

Believe me, I'm certainly not chalking this one up. Even if we were playing great I'd be worried.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lots of good storylines going into this game. It's an interesting game even though both teams are 1-2.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The comment about keeping Smith to push Kaep is pretty silly. Smith would be struggling too with nothing in the run game and half the receiving corps down. And to compare that suggestion to Montana/Young? Um, no, just no.

Huh that's funny because instead of advancing his game this off season he spent it filming commercials and now he's struggling. If they had kept Alex he would at least have had to look over his shoulder. Now he's getting paid either way even if he fails. The only reason I brought up the Montana/Young thing is coach Walsh brought Young in from the Bucs to drive Montana and it did. The niners probably would have won the game if they had kept feeding Gore but for whatever reason Harbough decided throw the game away using a very inaccurate qb.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree to a certain extent. Coaches like Harbaugh are accepted when they win. If they keep losing then he WILL lose the team. I'm not giving up yet. Losing Willis and Smith won't help matters.

I think it's a credit to him in a way he didn't lose the team after not giving Smith his spot back after he was cleared. Out of all of the offensive talent he had last year only 2 fit the Kaep style of play and that is Kaep and Crabtree. As a Hawks fan last year the goal was to stop Gore in the first game, then the 2nd game it wasn't even gameplan for him but stick to Crabtree, much like last week when it appeared they didn't even care about Gore just stuck to shutting down Boldin.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a credit to him in a way he didn't lose the team after not giving Smith his spot back after he was cleared. Out of all of the offensive talent he had last year only 2 fit the Kaep style of play and that is Kaep and Crabtree. As a Hawks fan last year the goal was to stop Gore in the first game, then the 2nd game it wasn't even gameplan for him but stick to Crabtree, much like last week when it appeared they didn't even care about Gore just stuck to shutting down Boldin.

Which is my point. He fell in love with Kaep and the pistol but its been figured out. Time to go back to what made us elite, the power run. Let Kaep get scraps here and there.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is my point. He fell in love with Kaep and the pistol but its been figured out. Time to go back to what made us elite, the power run. Let Kaep get scraps here and there.
All the niners have it the pistol. They gambled their whole future on it by making Kaep the man. Gore is getting older and they can't rely on him as much as they did in the past. The power run worked with Smith, because he was a solid game manager, Kaep is not. To me it feels like the beginning of the end for this niner run.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my point: Coaches should make it about the players because it IS about the players. Harbaugh doesn't think, he KNOWS it's about him. The players have gone along with it because they were winning. If you keep losing, the locker room is going to walk out on this guy. When guys like Gore are ready to split, it's over and time to move on from Harbaugh.

Start winning and this is a non-issue but two losses out of the next three and I can see heads rolling.

Where do you get your information from? Harbaugh gets a lot of attention due to his style and personality, but he does not "make it about himself". In fact, all he ever talks about is his players in the press conferences. He always has his players back publicly- a great example is how he handled the Culliver case last year before the Super Bowl. All you ever hear about is players talking about how they love to play for Harbaugh.

However, when you lose, and go through some adversity, these sorts of things happen. Emotions run high, players argue, etc. Bottom line is the Offense is not playing well at all- the run game has been weak (a little better today), the already depleted receiving corps is not getting open, and the Quarterback is not playing well. Add that to a defense that looks like it has slightly rescinded from the last couple of years- which I am not terrible surprised after losing Soapoaga, and J Smith aging another year- and the team is having some issues.

Bottom line is, the team's going through some adversity right now. Every team will hit it at some point. I'd much rather face adversity in week 3 rather than week 13 or week 3 of the playoffs. Things need to get sorted out, players need to find their games, coaches need to figure out our strengths, etc. If they can do this, its essentially the same team that went to the Super Bowl last year, so I certainly wouldn't count this team out.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim built Stanford into the PAC powerhouse it is right now, and that was no easy task considering you have to deal with extremely high academic requirements as athletes to get into that school, even with a scholarship.

He did a great job last year. But the whole "he's a genius miracle worker" schtick about the 9ers last year is B.S. He fell assbackwards into a team loaded with talent, especially on the D side. Few college or NFL coaches strut into such a sweet situation as he did.
It was not like when Pete Carroll arrived in Seattle and had to blow up the entire roster and build things from scratch to make it a contender.

The 9ers spent close to a decade stinking up the joint and collecting high draft picks. They just never had the right coaches at the right time to get it all functioning. But there is still a lot of talent on that team because of all those drafts by the time Harbaugh arrived.

I give credit for him getting everything on track last year. But I did see them taking a step back in 2013. They simply weren't able to solve the big holes they got in the backfield and the WR corps, and that's going to cost them big this year. Kaep is going to struggle in 2013 because he has no true #1 WO, and besides Boldin, the rest are meh and rookies, to throw to and the RB game isn't there to bail him out every game.

I also have doubts about how well JH will be able to hack it as a coach in the NFL. He's got a loose screw somewhere in the noggin of his and the increased media presence NFL teams get is not a good combo.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the problem is that they put all of their eggs in the Kaepernick basket. The kid has no touch on his throws. He just shoots laser beams out of the pocket and it leads to inaccurate throws and turnovers. Right now he's performing in the bottom 1/3 of the league as far as quarterbacks go. Kaep has a 56.4 completion %, 3 touchdowns, 4 interceptions, and a 72.5 rating this season. I think defenses are ready to handle him now after having some tape on him to study during the offseason. Ask Michael Vick, being athletic with a big arm just simply isn't good enough in the long-run in the NFL.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No clue

But...you can say the season expectations were built on such a small sampling from the QB spot that this is not shocking...the margins maybe, but not the results. I've said beware of the 2nd yr starting QB...I wish that the problem in PIT.

I can see Harbaugh reeling Kaep in some and calling a more conservative game.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the problem is that they put all of their eggs in the Kaepernick basket. The kid has no touch on his throws. He just shoots laser beams out of the pocket and it leads to inaccurate throws and turnovers. Right now he's performing in the bottom 1/3 of the league as far as quarterbacks go. Kaep has a 56.4 completion %, 3 touchdowns, 4 interceptions, and a 72.5 rating this season. I think defenses are ready to handle him now after having some tape on him to study during the offseason. Ask Michael Vick, being athletic with a big arm just simply isn't good enough in the long-run in the NFL.

I think after the season they had, you can't blame them for going all in with Kaep...that said, the expectations were set very high coming off just a handful of games as a pro QB. SEA is looking great right now, but RG3 is struggling...I think all the young guys will have some tough moments this year.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim built Stanford into the PAC powerhouse it is right now, and that was no easy task considering you have to deal with extremely high academic requirements as athletes to get into that school, even with a scholarship.

He did a great job last year. But the whole "he's a genius miracle worker" schtick about the 9ers last year is B.S. He fell assbackwards into a team loaded with talent, especially on the D side. Few college or NFL coaches strut into such a sweet situation as he did.
It was not like when Pete Carroll arrived in Seattle and had to blow up the entire roster and build things from scratch to make it a contender.

The 9ers spent close to a decade stinking up the joint and collecting high draft picks. They just never had the right coaches at the right time to get it all functioning. But there is still a lot of talent on that team because of all those drafts by the time Harbaugh arrived.

I give credit for him getting everything on track last year. But I did see them taking a step back in 2013. They simply weren't able to solve the big holes they got in the backfield and the WR corps, and that's going to cost them big this year. Kaep is going to struggle in 2013 because he has no true #1 WO, and besides Boldin, the rest are meh and rookies, to throw to and the RB game isn't there to bail him out every game.

I also have doubts about how well JH will be able to hack it as a coach in the NFL. He's got a loose screw somewhere in the noggin of his and the increased media presence NFL teams get is not a good combo.

The big holes at WR? Without injuries we would have had Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham this year... Note Vernon Davis is injured too. Thats not a talent issue, its an injury issue.

Big holes in the backfield? Frank Gore, Kendall Hunter, Lamichael James... thats big problems? They ran for over 5 yards a carry on sunday, Gore ran for 7+ yards a carry.

You obviously don't have a clue wtf you are talking about. Someone could say we don't have good depth on the defensive line, but the backfield? And then to act like we didn't go into the season with fairly respectable WR corp before injury?

Seriously why even pretend to have a clue?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big holes at WR? Without injuries we would have had Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham this year... Note Vernon Davis is injured too. Thats not a talent issue, its an injury issue.

Big holes in the backfield? Frank Gore, Kendall Hunter, Lamichael James... thats big problems? They ran for over 5 yards a carry on sunday, Gore ran for 7+ yards a carry.

You obviously don't have a clue wtf you are talking about. Someone could say we don't have good depth on the defensive line, but the backfield? And then to act like we didn't go into the season with fairly respectable WR corp before injury?

Seriously why even pretend to have a clue?

He mad? Yeah he mad.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, hes mad along with the rest of us but he still has a point. RegentDenali does seem clueless when he tries to downplay the backfield. You can make a case that Gore is not the same back but Hunter is explosive and could be a major factor if they give him more opportunities. I think everyone seen our only touchdown on sunday and what he can do with the ball. You also cant knock a WR corp that hasnt been on the field together to see what they can do. Now, if you start bashing the OC, I would probably jump in with you...