• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Has Fields "arrived"?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a growing chorus amongst those who say yes:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know,but I sure as hell hope so.....

His nane has been brought up on numerous NFL talk shows.......lots of appraisals.

Its getting me really excited for next season......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His nane has been brought up on numerous NFL talk shows.......lots of appraisals.

I suspect most Bears fans share these sentiments. I do think it's safe to say he's on the upswing.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners took wrong guy

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners took wrong guy
Well in fairness, it's hard to judge the kid being he barely got his feet wet and is now watching the games while on IR. And as for JT, he's definitely making strides, huge strides, especially the past few weeks. But we've got a ways to go before we can say he's arrived. Still has a lot to learn and experience to be had. I just got a kick out of all the articles heaping so much praise.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in fairness, it's hard to judge the kid being he barely got his feet wet and is now watching the games while on IR. And as for JT, he's definitely making strides, huge strides, especially the past few weeks. But we've got a ways to go before we can say he's arrived. Still has a lot to learn and experience to be had. I just got a kick out of all the articles heaping so much praise.
I'm not fan of moving up for kid who played one year of fcs ball

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying Fields has arrived is just as premature as saying he was a bust after our first few games this season.
yeah, some of us are still waiting for a quarterback, i.e. the man who throws the ball to the playmakers.

You would hope that after that performance that there will be one less guy in coverage so receivers should be open if he can find the guy who is in single coverage. I just wish I would see him actually look over the defensive secondary to see where the openings are going to be. All he looks at are the rushers he is going to try to run past.

So call me a hater all you want, the position is quarterback.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the most dangerous QB in the league, but he still has a looooong ways to go to be considered anything sustainable.

I mean the dude has only gone over 200 yards passing one time this season.

I'm all for letting him loose tho. It is much more enjoyable to watch, than trying to make him play like Peyton Manning. That early season shit was painful to watch.

I say say let him run so much, he ends up starting a dogfighting ring.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, it's really fun to watch. If he plays for a while, he'll finish his career with a fun highlight tape. That's about all I can say right now, though.

He's made strides. Hopefully, they continue.

When he starts stringing together football games where he's making professional level reads/throws from the pocket consistently and not just using his athleticism as a short cut? I'll start to get excited.

Sorry. As a fan of this team, I can't afford to buy in over "hype" or "potential". I need to see you do it. Nothing I've seen from Fields (yet) TRULY lends me to believe that he can be a successful passer in the NFL.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Athleticism is a short cut now?

Leave it to Bears fans to make something good a negative.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All 3 of Fields passing touchdowns Sunday came against the blitz.

But that’s not progress or anything.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll throw my hat into the mix.

I think Fields turned the corner and looks legit. Looks very comfortable in the pocket, feels pressure, and is making good reads. I will also give credit to the coaching staff for slowly bringing Fields along. First several weeks into the season, it was unbelievable how conservative the play calling was. Fields looks like a different QB now and I am very excited for the kid.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were on the right track for once. Still a long way to go.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what I'm seeing now, more so than what I witnessed earlier this season or last. Looks like he's on the right track and more importantly, it looks like the play calling is on the right trajectory. I hope the play calling continues in such a positive manner.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I suspect most Bears fans share these sentiments. I do think it's safe to say he's on the upswing.

It's not only Bears fans that want Fields to succeed. Because of him I'm now rooting for...

giphy (2).gif

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll throw my hat into the mix.

I think Fields turned the corner and looks legit. Looks very comfortable in the pocket, feels pressure, and is making good reads. I will also give credit to the coaching staff for slowly bringing Fields along. First several weeks into the season, it was unbelievable how conservative the play calling was. Fields looks like a different QB now and I am very excited for the kid.

What a difference a year, and a new coach staff more importantly, has made for him. Hope he keeps improving.