• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hartnell, Carle, Carter and Versteeg

Who should go

• Hartnell

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Carter

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Carle

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Versteeg

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so it looks like we need some cap room. These are the 4 most likely candidates to go. I don't think Pronger or Kimmo get moved because of age and contract length. DB has a no move/trade clause and we need his offense. So here is a look at the guys that give us some cap relief.

Hartnell - Most people want the Flyers to traed him, but how many teams will actually want him. He is big and physical but is a 25-25-50 point player. That really does not cut it for a guy making $4.2 per season. We dont even have the picks to package him to get someone to take the cap hit. I just dont see the teams with cap space wanting to make him a cornerstone of the team ie Oilers, Panthers or Islanders. Winnipeg could be a possibility if they decide to establish them as a "tough" team. Although I would like to see his cap space free, I just don't see another team taking him.

Carter - He on the other hand would have plenty of teams that would want him for his "friendly" $5+ million cap hit. I was listing to Sirius radio nad they estimated that no less than 20 teams would be interested. Even though he flops in the playoffs, I would hate to see him come back and bite us in the ass. If anyplace, move him out west. Unfortunately, I think Homer has a deep love for Jeff and I don't expect him to go.

Carle - Another guy that I would think would have alot of teams interested. Still young but can be replaced with our depth from within. Coburn and Meszaros really stepped up and Carle drops to Number 5 on the depth chart. His cap hit is $3.4 which does not clear as much as some of the others but he could bring a decent draft pick or 2. I doubt O'Donnell is back so we would have to replace 2. The fear is Prongers and Kimmo's health. If either goes down, we go from strength to weakness.

Versteeg - Did not show enough to warrant his cap hit. Homer gave up alot so to move him would basically admit that his trade was a mistake. I would think some of the teams with cap space, Islanders an dPanthers, would be interested as they can certainly use a 20+ goal scorer that does not break the bank.

If someone has to go, I would prefer it to be from the defense. We did not have enough offense in the playoffs and Bryzgalov would easily make up for a slight drop off on the defense corp. When does next season start?

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter
Carle
Steeg
Hartnell

In that order, from player I want most gone to least gone.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1. Carter because of the value he can bring in and the cap space he frees up

2. Hartnell - I like harts, but he seems to be digressing a bit. He makes a lot of money too.

3. Versteeg - I am a fan but he was a bit of a bust. Makes decent money.

4. Carle. Only good thing about trading him is his contract. He is valuable to our solid d corps.

That said, I wouldnt mind moving any or all of these guys

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like we will eventually be sorry if we trade Carter. There's a reason that no less than 20 teams would be interested in him. He's a legit top line center and at a favorable price for years to come. I don't even know that we use him enough in Philly. 18:15 time on ice doesn't do him justice. He'll get 20+ minutes on another team and dominate with 40 goal seasons year after year. You better pray to God that he doesn't go to another eastern conference team if he does go.

Anyway, he should be last on the list to go, not first. Just use him more effectively. He is going to dominate in the playoffs sooner or later, I can promise you that.

And Versteeg too. He really hasn't had much of a chance here yet. Give him a full fucking season at least before you ship him out.

Regardless, these are two players that were injured at the end of the season and therefore didn't produce well.

Last edited by a moderator: