• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hargreaves III or Ramsey?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ramsey or Hargreaves both will be

Manster he is not like Round from the mouse ears :D

But I do miss Round from time to time I just loved messing with him until he was so frustrated he could spit nails
You shouldn't, he is here...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You shouldn't, he is here...
really? wouldn't of expected that. I know there are a few lurkers around from yesteryear, but haven't seen any semblance of round. Nothing about some of the people here would shock me all that much

funny....did the espn gang outlast the sports nation onslaught? Seemed after my banning, most of the sports nation crowd lost interest.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really? wouldn't of expected that. I know there are a few lurkers around from yesteryear, but haven't seen any semblance of round. Nothing about some of the people here would shock me all that much

funny....did the espn gang outlast the sports nation onslaught? Seemed after my banning, most of the sports nation crowd lost interest.
OK. I'm probably off on this one. I know the poster here that I am thinking of and we all know him, but I am probably confusing the ESPN names because this is one I was surprised Colors didn't know. So now that someone else is saying it also, I think it's probably me that is wrong. Round had a couple of different names, right? What were the others?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've thought of the Jones similarities but Jones looks to be promising and Ramsey is considered better than Jones was.
Ramsey is safer than Jones was. The knock on Ramsey is that he isn't going to be able to cover smaller, quicker guys. The pros are the fact that he is a physical CB prospect that has track star speed and can moonlight in hybrid schemes.

He looks like a better version of Aqib Talib without the off the field issues who can also flex into weird formations to confuse young QBs. I certainly think that you can have him on the field at the same time as Jones but the Cowboys would still need a smaller CB I'm guessing.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ramsey or Hargreaves both will be

Manster he is not like Round from the mouse ears :D

But I do miss Round from time to time I just loved messing with him until he was so frustrated he could spit nails
I was just being myself and poking sticks. All is good it take a special kind of asshole to really get on my bad side.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. I'm probably off on this one. I know the poster here that I am thinking of and we all know him, but I am probably confusing the ESPN names because this is one I was surprised Colors didn't know. So now that someone else is saying it also, I think it's probably me that is wrong. Round had a couple of different names, right? What were the others?
I'm thinking it was only myround but I could easily be wrong

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You got banned, a few of us followed for voicing our displeasure, and the SN leader left, and here we are today still hanging around

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got banned, a few of us followed for voicing our displeasure, and the SN leader left, and here we are today still hanging around

and the eagles fan is still the king of this board?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking it was only myround but I could easily be wrong
OK. I definitely am wrong here then. But since I am confused I am going to PM you the name of the poster on the Hoop that I thought was Round. I know he had a few names on ESPN but can't remember them now.

edit: You must be on double secret probation still I can't send you a pm so I sent it to Colors and Manster instead. Or i just don't know how to do it because I hate PMs and refuse to use them usually...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
edit: You must be on double secret probation still I can't send you a pm so I sent it to Colors and Manster instead. Or i just don't know how to do it because I hate PMs and refuse to use them usually...

pretty darn funny all things considered.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ramsey is a beast. But so is VH.

I'd go Ramsey for homer reasons, but the dude is a helluva athlete

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ramsey is a beast. But so is VH.

I'd go Ramsey for homer reasons, but the dude is a helluva athlete
yep....I'm doing my best now to get behind whoever the pick, but IMO, Ramsey would have an impact from day 1

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I start him over Wilcox at SS day one. If we get in trouble with our depth at corner, I move Byron Jones to CB and move Ramsey to FS. IMO Jones still makes a better CB than Ramsey. I picture Ramsey as more of a Cam Chancellor type player. Better in the middle of the field than on the edge.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but at what position? cb? safety? and then what about jones?
I think Ramsey will be a CB in the NFL. But what's the difference? We have one starter in Scandrick out of 4 secondary spots (5 if you count nickel corner). There are plenty of snaps for Jones and Ramsey if we draft him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep reading people thinking no to Ramsey because of Jones. I don't get this mindset. First off, Jones was good last year considering it was his rookie season and he was learning multiple positions, but he wasn't that good. His angles at times weren't any better than some of the other guys we have been putting out there and he missed a lot of assignments that cost us big plays. The potential is there and I think he will be a really good player as early as this year, but he isn't Ed Reed as of today. Second, who are our starting DBs? We need at least one more starting DB, 2 when Carr gets cut, plus a nickel corner. Third, if you think a player is good enough to take at #4 overall you do not pass on him because of Jones. If that is how little you think of Ramsey you shouldn't be drafting him anyway. Fourth, our secondary sucks...we need help!!!

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep reading people thinking no to Ramsey because of Jones. I don't get this mindset. First off, Jones was good last year considering it was his rookie season and he was learning multiple positions, but he wasn't that good. His angles at times weren't any better than some of the other guys we have been putting out there and he missed a lot of assignments that cost us big plays. The potential is there and I think he will be a really good player as early as this year, but he isn't Ed Reed as of today. Second, who are our starting DBs? We need at least one more starting DB, 2 when Carr gets cut, plus a nickel corner. Third, if you think a player is good enough to take at #4 overall you do not pass on him because of Jones. If that is how little you think of Ramsey you shouldn't be drafting him anyway. Fourth, our secondary sucks...we need help!!!
My concern is how many CB/S are good for a team. Not saying don't take him because I think he will be a very good DB no matter where he plays, just if he's a carbon copy of Jones would DL be a better pick at 4. Buckner is my choice but I will be more than OK with Ramsey or Hargraves.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My concern is how many CB/S are good for a team. Not saying don't take him because I think he will be a very good DB no matter where he plays, just if he's a carbon copy of Jones would DL be a better pick at 4. Buckner is my choice but I will be more than OK with Ramsey or Hargraves.

Well you need to start 4, but with the NFL today nickel corner is kind of a starter so that really makes it 5. And that ignores injury, etc. Right now we have Scandrick coming of an ACL, Carr likely to be cut and a second year guy in Jones that needs to get a lot better. So I'd say we NEED to add 2 CB/S's, but should be adding at least 3 this offseason.