• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hargreaves III or Ramsey?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo Ramsey has too much overlap with Byron Jones for the Cowboys to draft him. I could be wrong but I think someone else will be in play.
I've thought of the Jones similarities but Jones looks to be promising and Ramsey is considered better than Jones was.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, same game. Most of Cooper's damage came when he was lined up in the slot. the one "big" play Cooper had against Hargreaves was down the side line, in which Hargreaves had nearly perfect coverage, but the Bama QB dropped it in perfectly over Cooper's outside shoulder for about 30 yards. Literally nothing Hargreaves could do on that play. Other than that there were like 3 little underneath routes that Cooper caught against Hargreaves for maybe a grand total of 25 yards.

Yea, it's just one game, but people want to point to his one game against Treadwell and say he he doesn't live up to the hype. When in reality he has a whole lot more tape saying he is elite than not.
I posted a couple stories about their matchup in the draft thread by mistake. But they give a little info on the matchup from the writers point of view (doesn't mean it's right)

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo Ramsey has too much overlap with Byron Jones for the Cowboys to draft him. I could be wrong but I think someone else will be in play.
I thought the same thing in regards to position flex, but they are not really alike as players. But even if they were we have plenty of starter spots up for grabs in the secondary for who ever wants them so why an issue?

Last edited:

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember the entire Florida secondary getting worked that day and also read the article on the other thread that clearly stated that Cooper ate his lunch but SOME of the damage came from the slot..... Again show me one dominant performance agains a top ten WR spot or top 40 passing offense to warrant a top 5 pick? Now throw in that he holds back or doesn't like to compete...... No thanks I'll pass at #4.... To be honest as long the knee injury checks out I like the CB Smith from LSU later in the draft

Don't just read an article, watch the game for yourself - it's on YouTube. The fact is, outside of the bowl game against Treadwell, you will have hard time finding some game film where someone outplayed Hargreaves. You're entitled to your opinion. My opinion is Hargreaves will be the best CB in this draft. In time this will not be speculation, but fact.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted a couple stories about their matchup in the draft thread by mistake. But they give a little info on the matchup from the writers point of view (doesn't mean it's right)

I read the article, the writers accounts are very similar to mine. He and I differ in opinion on the touchdown he claims Cooper scored on Hargreaves - I thought it was zone coverage and Cooper scored the TD against the Safety. Watch the game for yourself and form your own opinion.

I'm firmly on board with Hargreaves as the pick.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the article, the writers accounts are very similar to mine. He and I differ in opinion on the touchdown he claims Cooper scored on Hargreaves - I thought it was zone coverage and Cooper scored the TD against the Safety. Watch the game for yourself and form your own opinion.

I'm firmly on board with Hargreaves as the pick.

Why in the world would I want to watch a game from 2014 on the off chance that we may take one of the players??? :scratch:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That way you too can be a true professional NFL scout.
If there are beers involved, I'm in:suds:...
otherwise I have like 5 more seasons of the Walking Dead I'd rather be catching up on...

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like ramsey. his lack of picks last season is a concern though. I am leaning towards bosa or jack. buckner reminds me of Chris canty. not a top talent IMO

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Byron Jones had a grand total of 8 INTs at UCONN. You can't really determine much from stats unless you know a whole lot of the story behind the team and especially the player. I saw him twice in live games, and a few others watching youtube. This guy doesn't just cover, he hits too. I don't mind if he comes and plays corner, safety or ST gunner. Just get this dude on this team somehow. Between he, Jones and Scandrick we've got the makings of a top secondary.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in the world would I want to watch a game from 2014 on the off chance that we may take one of the players??? :scratch:

To have a more informed opinion?

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there are beers involved, I'm in:suds:...
otherwise I have like 5 more seasons of the Walking Dead I'd rather be catching up on...

What season are you on in Walking dead? I stopped somewhere around season 5. the shows formula got pretty stale for me after a while. I honestly can't believe the show has lasted as long as it has.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me guess, you're a pro scout, who watches every player, and has multiple sources on every teM.

Nope. I don't pretend to be. But I will take a closer look at the players who interest me. Ramsey and Hargreaves intrigue me as players. So I have spent a little time watching the available film that's out there. I only offer my opinion.

Why so salty?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What season are you on in Walking dead? I stopped somewhere around season 5. the shows formula got pretty stale for me after a while. I honestly can't believe the show has lasted as long as it has.
Still early on, I'm almost done with Season 2. Just started a little while ago. I like it, but not quite as much as I was led to believe I would.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To have a more informed opinion?
Yeah, but we likely won't even be getting the guy. I just don't have the interest to go back and watch games of every guy we may pick. that's just me, not saying everyone should be that way.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. I don't pretend to be. But I will take a closer look at the players who interest me. Ramsey and Hargreaves intrigue me as players. So I have spent a little time watching the available film that's out there. I only offer my opinion.

Why so salty?
Not salty at all, just that I've met do many NFL scouts with NFL contacts on these boards over the years. Sorry for lumping you in with them

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but we likely won't even be getting the guy. I just don't have the interest to go back and watch games of every guy we may pick. that's just me, not saying everyone should be that way.
I will read up on guys who fall into a need and are close to where we pick on the mocks, but no way am I spending time watching game film on them m

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ramsey or Hargreaves both will be
Not salty at all, just that I've met do many NFL scouts with NFL contacts on these boards over the years. Sorry for lumping you in with them

Manster he is not like Round from the mouse ears :D

But I do miss Round from time to time I just loved messing with him until he was so frustrated he could spit nails